Alcohol

Started by Levas, September 09, 2011, 11:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

david lloyd jones

Quote from: F_c_O on November 12, 2016, 07:45:30 PM
Quote from: david lloyd jones on November 12, 2016, 04:08:12 PM
been too drunk in pubs to post recently.
today I am drinking an imperial stout at 10% that is deceptively drinkable. until you go home.then you realise how
fucked up you are.
next day you realise how much crap you have put on sites, briefly regret until you are sober, then start again.
For me the realization usually hits when I stand up and find out that while I was drinking, the floor suddenly tilted 45 degrees.
have been finding the floors at both level and 45 degrees at the same time like strange lovecraftian geometry

david lloyd jones

today's fluids are 'bible black' porter from nine valley and 'barrel project 5' imperial stout-aged in rum barrels, I believe.
at 6.5 and 10% respectively, they are both tasty and strong.
red wine and cobnut salami has helped them down.

Bleak Existence

david lloyd jones

cannot stand any kind of IPA, especially, black IPA, other extra strength IPA
super grass cutting flavour IPA,... you get the idea...

david lloyd jones

really, this IPA shit gives me the squats.
horrorible beer as part of horrorible race

david lloyd jones

Quote from: Peterson on November 17, 2016, 11:05:05 PM
Always saw IPAs as a tolerance test for bitterness/pine cone flavor - I guess it appeals to some people. I've had similar comments on my (really not that sophisticated) whiskey choices.

Been sober for weeks except for a Budweiser or two.
does your sobriety give any advantage?

david lloyd jones

Quote from: Peterson on November 17, 2016, 11:34:23 PM
Ehhh... in "dating," yes.

well, have to agree there.
if drunk you are too pissed for females or too pissed to perform, desire regardless.
beer goggle sex is still a result despite sober self recrimination.
coder choices are, well, sober and more likely longer .

as far as the link goes though, I will quote a useless post punk uk band, the Macc lads-
beer, beer we want more beer...
and get your tits out for the lads...
beer and chips and sex and gravy...

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on November 25, 2016, 08:44:00 PM
I think I'll ruin the booze thread by posting this:

https://www.broadsheet.com.au/national/food-and-drink/article/change-brewing

Haha, reminds me when I was working security at some small brewery event and there was one group of hot chicks selling their beer and their slogan was "tytötkin panee" which translates "girls brew too" (panimo=brewery, panee=brew) but could also be translated "girls fuck too" cause "panee" has multiple meanings in Finnish. I thought it was clever and as I said the chicks were hot so obviously they sold all their beer during the first day. Some would call that sexism, I'd call it empowerment and they sure were "really badarse babes" or at least nicearse babes!

david lloyd jones

david lloyd jones

is eating cheating?

david lloyd jones

eating sure ruins drinking, and am glad I got loaded before my works do last night.
especially loved the 10.5%estonian imperial porter that made the evening run smoothly

david lloyd jones

Quote from: david lloyd jones on December 03, 2016, 07:43:21 PM
eating sure ruins drinking, and am glad I got loaded before my works do last night.
especially loved the 10.5%estonian imperial porter that made the evening run smoothly

enjoying a session on 'plum porter' from titanic brewery.
not the expensive imperial drink of other posts, but a great solid brew to pass time with.

david lloyd jones

today I am getting drunk on 10% pohjala imperial Baltic porter
I like the fact that whilst the staff at this hipster pub are a bit sniffy, they can leave me to fall asleep a while and come around later with iced water to revive me for the journey home
ducking shit on the juke box though.

david lloyd jones

looking at my last post and hate the spell checker for ducking  as spell check for fucking.
at just before 19:00 the
there are idiots in turkey hats, fuckwits in Xmas jumpers, fuckwits in usual clothes,
hate to move, but going to have to, in order to keep in equilibrium.
common people. fuck 'em.