SKINHEAD NOISE/POWER ELECTRONICS

Started by Peterson, August 31, 2011, 07:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

I guess it would need to be defined better what exactly would be qualified. If whoever, who may have listened skinhead rock, or whatever project who may have played tracks where themes cross the interests of some skinheads somewhere, I guess just about every PE band qualifies?

From top of my head, I can even name bunch of bands playing cover songs a'la Halthan doing No Remorse, Grunt doing Sniper, Bizarre Uproar and Sick Seed doing Skrewdriver, just to mention some finn provocateurs. And still I don't think the bands really qualify as skinhead noise really? Even if some of the people don't have hair - due their own or mother natures' choice. :D

Most same guys who have "roots in skinhead culture", appear to have roots in punk. Or metal. And roots in whatever. If one wants to talk specifics, cases would have to be rather obvious. Most of ideals of skins are just pretty common ideals of any man. So when the regular male themes of noise turns into "skinhead theme"? I think it needs to have blatant in your face declaration of this fact. And those bands are pretty rare. I don't think one really needs skinhead noise. Just like one for sure doesn't need "black noise". Those themes already exists in PE/noise without new subgenre.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Goat93

When we get in this direction, easiest would be to Consider Skinhead P:E who have Skinhead Lyrics, like Streicher. But the Tread should be in common about Skinhead Attitude and Image, not about Skinhead Music in P:E Variation if i get it right, so it is not really important if the guys behind it are Skinheads in the Common Way. Also it is Problematic since even from Town to Town the real Skin Scene are totaly Different. So besides the not too much Hair on the Head Image, there is not too much in common in these Scene

UGRA

Also good to remember that the word skinhead is not tied to any specific political view a priori.
We all know that the first skins (the trad skins) were, indeed, far from being (gasp) "racially conscious".

whateverforever

Goat93

Quote from: UGRA on September 04, 2011, 05:23:39 AM
Also good to remember that the word skinhead is not tied to any specific political view a priori.
We all know that the first skins (the trad skins) were, indeed, far from being (gasp) "racially conscious".

gasp?

SKY BURIAL

Quote from: xdementia on September 02, 2011, 09:18:07 PM
Quote from: Bereft on September 01, 2011, 05:29:29 PM
We(bereft) are absolutely under this category.  The tape on destructive Industries and the lp split with Fire in the head are perfect examples of this.

I was debating whether to say FITH as well, since Mike definitely has roots in skinhead culture.

London Underground pass, 1987. Oi! To the T: flight jacket, jeans, 14 hole Oxblood Docs, Fred Perry

Anyway, the project was inevitably influenced by various "scenes" I've been involved in over the years but I wouldn't call it "skinhead noise/electronics" (probably wouldn't even call it power electronics).

tiny_tove

although I never used the skinhead tag, I had strong bonds with the oi! scene. mostly trad one, but with acquaintancies both in the left and the right minded ones.
I sang for Erode that, after I left, became an icon of Italian left wing skinheads, yet respected by all since the openly violent lyrics (and technical skills).

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTjUMrZJ5uA) -it is not me singing, this is when they became "good" after I left, my voice sucked, check also for stalingardo and europa.

I collaborated with other oi* projects and I still consider old school OI /real punk probably the best music ever.
e
I have grown up listening to Nabat, 4 skins, Blitz, Condemned 84, Cocl Sparrer, combat 84, criminal class, last resort, springtoifel, bhoese onkels, evil skins, and many japanese (my favourite in the recent days) and US of Oi! era bands.
I never considered myself a skinhead mostly because I don't drink, I am not that obsessed with football, and I have always enjoyed being in contact with several "scenes", which I still do although this pisses off people who now spend their lives as internet warriors.
what I have always enjoyed was the self-myth and street credibility that made the difference from rich kids playing alternatives in other scenes. street realism and confrontational attitude, mixed with pride for what represented you (be it street, gang, etc).

One of my best friends sings in asociale, old school late 80's/eraly 90's band which I helped forming although I didn't play much with unfortunately (which is good since I was a very bad bass player back then).

Sooner or later I'd like to release a 7" with some OI! songs written in the mid 90's that I never released, something in between French OI, cock sparrer and pure Italian 80's OI with plenty of barbaric singalongs.

I am also considering to record a 7" inspired by original skinhead culture as wertham, dealing mostly with ultra violent clashes in the streets, hooliganism etc, as a follow up to the streetcleaner 7" about sxe. It could be part of a trilogy to be completed with a confederacy of scum inspired work.

I am not interested in WP related subjects since I met far more despisable white trash people around than decent folks, including chavs, yobs and those who love hunting us from the safety of their desktop. Yet many early day rac bands were really good musicwise, especially in france and germany.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Mikerdeath

So this is not technically skinhead noise but I am willing to do a serious tape trade with anyone willing to dub me Terre Blanche - They Kill Their Own
will reciprocate and make it worth your while
I want that tape so fucking bad.

* I am definitely into the music and aesthetic presence of acts such as Streicher, BEREFT, RU-486, Brethren.
I am interested in the idea that these bands aren't even overtly racist at all but very extreme political commentary.
Definitely listened to Skrewdriver tons in high school and my roommate has the Skrewdriver boxset, will post a pic if anyone wants..

Bereft

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on September 02, 2011, 10:41:25 PM
I guess it would need to be defined better what exactly would be qualified. If whoever, who may have listened skinhead rock, or whatever project who may have played tracks where themes cross the interests of some skinheads somewhere, I guess just about every PE band qualifies?

From top of my head, I can even name bunch of bands playing cover songs a'la Halthan doing No Remorse, Grunt doing Sniper, Bizarre Uproar and Sick Seed doing Skrewdriver, just to mention some finn provocateurs. And still I don't think the bands really qualify as skinhead noise really? Even if some of the people don't have hair - due their own or mother natures' choice. :D

Most same guys who have "roots in skinhead culture", appear to have roots in punk. Or metal. And roots in whatever. If one wants to talk specifics, cases would have to be rather obvious. Most of ideals of skins are just pretty common ideals of any man. So when the regular male themes of noise turns into "skinhead theme"? I think it needs to have blatant in your face declaration of this fact. And those bands are pretty rare. I don't think one really needs skinhead noise. Just like one for sure doesn't need "black noise". Those themes already exists in PE/noise without new subgenre.

I would think the better question is, who is doing pe that continues to live a skinhead lifestyle. Obviously this will influence their output. This by no way means we need a new sub genre of a already diluted pool,  but it does lend to a way to separate it from the other topics pe may encompass. I personally would have more in common with someone "yelling" about drinking, fighting and being blue collar than pedophilia or sexual deviance.

Doing covers of "rac" songs doesn't make one in this category, since this is a lifestyle, not a copyright issue;)

Bloated Slutbag

Heh, I recall when that Montage dude tried to flog the last Sickness/Slogun JP tour as "skinhead noise" or somesuch shite... as a kind of marketing ploy. The artists themselves seemed mildly bemused/irritated by the implication; guess the one or two locals who took the poster campaign to heart were disappointed too that the "fighting monkies" failed to deliver. Better luck next time!

Nothing beats the local black van brigade when they whirl around the municipalities belting out patriotic hits. Sounds pretty awesome. Like they've got an old 45 strapped to the van, songs beautifully warped by the ages horribly distorted through the crap-ass amps and echoing ridiculously amongst the close-cropped architecture. If I weren't so chicken shit, re- getting my ass whooped and dumpstered I'd invite them to play a pe/noise gig.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

Goat93

All Subgenre are dead in the sense of Isolated Subcultur. There is no "Skinhead Cult Scene" anymore. There is also no Noise, Punk, Metal, Black Metal, Industrial Scene anymore. So it would be only a collection of some Individuals who run in a Direction, which is just Entertainment for the Followers.
I don't think that there is anymore need for more subsubsubgenre's as we have so much of them now and the intention failed by all of them.

RyanWreck

I'm sure someone has mentioned American Wolves tape "Lone Wolves, Boot Parties" by now. If they haven't then this thread is fucking crazy. This tape is pretty hard to find but I think that Steel Sadist Rebirth is doing a re-issue or maybe they already did one? This is just one of the best American P.E. acts and they're Skin's so it is win/win for this thread.

STREETMEAT

Quote from: RyanWreck on September 30, 2011, 07:59:51 PM
I'm sure someone has mentioned American Wolves tape "Lone Wolves, Boot Parties" by now. If they haven't then this thread is fucking crazy. This tape is pretty hard to find but I think that Steel Sadist Rebirth is doing a re-issue or maybe they already did one? This is just one of the best American P.E. acts and they're Skin's so it is win/win for this thread.

this tape has a strong breathing problem/country club vibe to it. wall feedback vocals on Aside loop and sample on B.

RyanWreck

Hmm, gonna check that out. I've never read a book on Skin's from a criminologist's POV. I was a fan of Richard Allen when I was young, like middle school young, and a skinhead myself. I did a book report on his book "Knuckle Girls", my Freshman year of high-school

Skinhead family tree: http://www.skinheadrevolt.com/content/info/img/tree.html