Over "Over" S/T C14 from NVS Records

Started by Peterson, September 21, 2011, 02:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peterson

Anyone care to shed a little light on this tape for me? I've downloaded the Bandcamp version and listened a few times, but I'd still like some information if anyone can give me any. From what the descriptions say, it seems to be implying that the anonymous person behind the tape may also be the guy doing the project Transcendent Device.

I like what I hear, and things of this nature, a lot. This makes me want a copy of "Buyer's Market." Anyone have a copy of this tape they could trade me for?

bitewerksMTB

I have the OVER tape. Wasn't able to listen to it closely due to my tapeplayer is in my van. I was told who the guy behind the project is & what he was involved in but I had never heard of him so the info didn't stick with me.

RyanWreck

I have 2 copies. Send me your trade list.

Shed light on it? Well I've listened to it a few times and this is what I would say. It is 15 minutes of a guy speaking about incest with what I believe he states was his little brother, violence, just a lot of fucked up stuff for the whole 15 minutes. I would say it is spoken word, not "vocals", all of which play out atop a very steadily throbbing drone.

It is nothing like Buyers Market because that was a collection of samples Peter put together. If we are going to compare Over's work to any Sotos audio material I would say this is more like Proxy since it is narrated by the person making it, not a sample/victim tape/etc.