Alcohol

Started by Levas, September 09, 2011, 11:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConcreteMascara

my favorite "i just need to get shitfaced as fast as possible" malt liquor; lovingly referred to as "Slurricane" by me and my friends.

[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

martialgodmask

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on August 04, 2012, 01:53:52 PM
Quote from: martialgodmask on August 04, 2012, 01:28:16 PMI'd say it's quite a British thing too.

Ah yes, bacon sarnies. Introduced to me by a British friend, along with chip butties.

And that bottle of cider looks like Satan's own urine. Nice one!

What about chips and gravy? Potential for confusion here as I know US folks have a different idea of gravy to Brits, not sure about you Down Under-ers.

A 3l bottle of the aforementioned Frosty Jacks used to provide the perfect accompaniment for pre-gig train travel with mates a few years ago. If only the train conductors appreciated it as much as we did!

Andrew McIntosh

Shikata ga nai.

martialgodmask

Currently supping this, had a couple of bottles this week, a lot nicer than that Crabbies rubbish.

Nyodene D

Stuff I tried recently:

Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout - very nice, smooth, sweet (probably too sweet for some of you - just like me) - 11% ABV

Southern Tier Pumking Ale - early for pumpkin ale, but this was really great - smooth, nice non-artificial pumpkin flavor.  They garnished the glass with cinnamon which was a nice touch. 9% ABV

Dogfish Head Sahtea - Sahti brewed with chai right at the end.  Cloudy amber color, lots of stuff floating around in the beer that settles.  Very strong tea taste but very nice malt taste as well. 11% ABV

Youngs Double Chocolate Stout - Not as strong or as flavorful as any of the imperial stouts or porters that Southern Tier keeps rolling out around me.  A decent "one glass and no more" beer.  Low ABV (something like 5%).  Bitter chocolate tastes - not overly sweet - which was nice...

Ritual

Cinnamon whisky with a slight firey after taste. Delicious!

NEHPF

Vodka, preferably Stolichnaya. Smooth, tasty and definitely cost-effective.

Andrew McIntosh

While dining with a friend last night I was re-introduced to Limoncello. Just the thing to top off a nice plate of pasta.

Shikata ga nai.

Johann

Full Sail from Oregons Session Black and just picked up another case of just the regular session lager, not bad shit

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: KMusselman on October 21, 2012, 05:29:19 AM
I've been drinking beer for the last five hours.

That sentence could pretty much have stood on it's own.
Shikata ga nai.

moozz

Duvel Tripel Hop
I like this much more than the regular Duvel. It's a bit stronger (9.5%) and has plenty of delicious hops. Too bad it is a limited edition. I really hope they decide to include it in ther regular selection.

Levas

Finished Tellamore dew bottle this evening. great whiskey. Some time ago i watched The Angel's Share - this is somewhat a comedy and it's very difficult to watch without subtitles, but after watching this it's just impossible not to buy a whiskey bottle and well.. enjoy it or whatever.

Johann

Oskar Blues

Old Chub Scotch Ale. and now the Dale'S Pale Ale...i must say. this is one of the best American brewers at the moment, i've had around four or five of the beers and highly recommend them all

Nil By Mouth

Quote from: moozz on October 21, 2012, 11:22:48 PM

Duvel Tripel Hop
I like this much more than the regular Duvel. It's a bit stronger (9.5%) and has plenty of delicious hops. Too bad it is a limited edition. I really hope they decide to include it in ther regular selection.

The one with american hops? I drink it 1 months ago, very good beer. So bitter respect the other belgian beers and beyond the high alcohol rate, its' pretty drinkable.

moozz

Quote from: Nil By Mouth on October 26, 2012, 10:04:26 PM
Quote from: moozz on October 21, 2012, 11:22:48 PM
Duvel Tripel Hop

The one with american hops? I drink it 1 months ago, very good beer. So bitter respect the other belgian beers and beyond the high alcohol rate, its' pretty drinkable.
Yes, brewed with Citra hops. One of the best beers I had in Finland in the summer was also brewed with Citra (not a Finnish beer though). Any other great beers out there with Citra?