PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad

Quote from: david lloyd jones on October 20, 2016, 11:42:56 PM
that said, limited edition releases don't make for automatic classic releases, which,i suspect some labels are aiming for.

This sounds backwards to me, shouldn't classic releases be the most widely appreciated? 

david lloyd jones

Quote from: Brad on October 21, 2016, 12:07:38 AM
Quote from: david lloyd jones on October 20, 2016, 11:42:56 PM
that said, limited edition releases don't make for automatic classic releases, which,i suspect some labels are aiming for.

This sounds backwards to me, shouldn't classic releases be the most widely appreciated? 
quite possibly.
other releases
should sink or swim according to the smart label  ... l

sterilization

Yr lucky I don't run a label or a distro that yr interested in because you would be blacklisted for being a fucking pussy.

FreakAnimalFinland

I know most people worship Paradise Disowned, Herecy or Monstrous Soul, but since I first heard Lustmord  ‎– A Document Of Early Acoustic & Tactical Experimentation , I thought that is absolute the best. In these early recordings, Lustmord was both atmospheric and ritualistic, but also damn noisy and violently brutal at times. It's far more of industrial-noise. I take that anytime, any day, instead of for example his later days soundtrack type of soundscapes.

Perhaps even better than the CD, is the Vinyl On Demand box Things That Were. It has pretty much the same stuff as the CD had, but further c. 40 mins worth of material, including unreleased recordings. Went through the triple LP set today and thought maybe I should return to early albums and see if I just remember them differently. Luckily for those who don't care of vinyl boxes, in 2016, Infinite Fog label re-issued this same set as 2xCD. Absolute mandatory for those who like 80's industrial, that is done with great talent, but at the same time element of rawness and violence blends into dark nightmarish soundscapes. In this material, there is still even shouted vocals, besides eerie chanting.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Andrew McIntosh

I've always rated "Place Where The Black Stars Hang" as my favourite Lustmord release. Just works brilliantly on every level.
Shikata ga nai.

absoluten calfeutrail

Iannis Xenakis ‎– GRM Works 1957-1962 LP (Recollection GRM 2013) Listening in between some contemporary guttural noise works, considering the profound degree to which Xenakis’ sound language informs so much of the present day underground action that appeals to me. The previously unavailable version of Bohor (1962) occupying the B-side here is just colossal and cavernous, ultimately reaching a strikingly severe clanging detonation.

Sadio ‎– Sophisticated Methods In Torture CS (Freak Animal 2015) My pick for the best FA action from the last few years. I revisit this one a lot for its grimy scenes from a private room. Straddles the divide between unreservedly punishing screech and unexpectedly pleasurable crunch expertly. A clammy passage or two along the way provides some respite, though they feel rather like quietly wiping up your own piss from the floor under threat of further whipping than an actual reprieve. 

Murder BookSozguv CS (Turgid Animal 2008) Single sided bleak and subdued rumble from George Proctor’s Murder Book. Pretty much fuck all happens for the duration here – grey sky, watery coffee, public transport, negative waves. I’ve listened to it way more over the years than I should. I'm realising I haven't followed up other work under this name despite how much I've listened to this tape - can anyone tell me if the other material is of a similar temperament?

Dr Alex

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on October 22, 2016, 04:17:21 AM
I've always rated "Place Where The Black Stars Hang" as my favourite Lustmord release. Just works brilliantly on every level.

Beside old classics, my fave from him is "The Word As Power". Absolutely amazing album!

these days:
Grobschnitt - 79:10 17xcd
Man. this is amazing boxset! I love this band since my childhood and finally I have all their proper releases. "Solar Music Live" is one of best live albums!

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on October 21, 2016, 04:42:25 PM
I know most people worship Paradise Disowned, Herecy or Monstrous Soul, but since I first heard Lustmord  ‎– A Document Of Early Acoustic & Tactical Experimentation , I thought that is absolute the best. In these early recordings, Lustmord was both atmospheric and ritualistic, but also damn noisy and violently brutal at times. It's far more of industrial-noise. I take that anytime, any day, instead of for example his later days soundtrack type of soundscapes.

Perhaps even better than the CD, is the Vinyl On Demand box Things That Were. It has pretty much the same stuff as the CD had, but further c. 40 mins worth of material, including unreleased recordings. Went through the triple LP set today and thought maybe I should return to early albums and see if I just remember them differently. Luckily for those who don't care of vinyl boxes, in 2016, Infinite Fog label re-issued this same set as 2xCD. Absolute mandatory for those who like 80's industrial, that is done with great talent, but at the same time element of rawness and violence blends into dark nightmarish soundscapes. In this material, there is still even shouted vocals, besides eerie chanting.

The same impressions. I could write even that "Heresy" is more and more worse for me. Time ruins this album.

gabalgabow

eyestrain

Quote from: absoluten calfeutrail on October 22, 2016, 08:10:01 AM
Sadio ‎– Sophisticated Methods In Torture CS (Freak Animal 2015) My pick for the best FA action from the last few years. I revisit this one a lot for its grimy scenes from a private room. Straddles the divide between unreservedly punishing screech and unexpectedly pleasurable crunch expertly. A clammy passage or two along the way provides some respite, though they feel rather like quietly wiping up your own piss from the floor under threat of further whipping than an actual reprieve.

Seconded on the perfect balance of shrill and "soothing". Quite enjoy this tape!!

Still gaga over Clinic Of Torture "Slavesex" most of all - regarding recent FA output. Just perfect to my ears.

david lloyd jones

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on October 21, 2016, 04:42:25 PM

old, old lustmord has reality, rawness and strength that, later, digital releases lack.
visited Brian in his squatted lair in the early 80's and he was a perfect gent.
his home full of cameo and paradise disowned cameo.
later releases came as part of a drive to be on top of technology so as to present his music as pure as posts.
later releases appeared to suffer from this approach if you preferred the earlier dirty stuff.
his pathway into sound engineering and soundtracks does not surprise given his technology interests.
the lustmord soundtrack to the church of Satan rituals, is, particularly appropriate.'
not aware of his film sound  inputs, but likely as successful as Graeme revelle's very post spk ones.

david lloyd jones

Quote from: sterilization on October 21, 2016, 05:12:24 AM
Yr lucky I don't run a label or a distro that yr interested in because you would be blacklisted for being a fucking pussy.

my first troll.
feel so real and so modern.
if you ran some distribution/label, you would be amongst the majority I ignore .
that said, likely you can't get it together to do this, even.
''boo'' fucking ''hoo''.

re:evolution

Quote from: david lloyd jones on October 24, 2016, 09:31:45 PM

By any chance was his place in Vauxhall, London (aka 'Bonnington Square')?  When I got to meet Brian in Hobart, Tasmania earlier this year (at the Dark Mofo festival where he played), he mentioned he was one of the original group who established the Vauxhall, London 'Bonnington Square artists squat' and lived there from the the early 80's until early 90's when he moved to LA. In a somewhat 'small world coincidence', personally during the early 2000's I had lived in one of the last squat houses in Bonnington Square for a short time, before Council final wrested ownership back through a protracted court trial (the local Council had progressively done this over a few decades).
noise receptor: sound with impact - analysing the abstract
http://noisereceptor.wordpress.com/
http://www.noisereceptor.bigcartel.com

spectrum magazine archive: ambient / industrial / experimental / power electronics / neo-folk music culture magazine
http://spectrummagarchive.wordpress.com/

vomitgore

The Rita - Ballet Feet Positions
When I played this for the first time, I didn't get it at all. Even skipped the main track after about 15 minutes to play the C031 collab, if I remember correctly. After getting into the Rita more and more, I decided track give it another chance. Knowing what to expect, it worked much better. The bursts of crumbling are still not easy to digest, but the buildup and the growing density of sound did manage to make for a pleasing listen. Texture may be the key ingredient here. The C031 collaboration is damn sick and powerful!

One Dark Eye - Manic Depression  (Digipack CD version)
Nice deep lo-fi with very untypical sounds. Overall flow is very nice and everything fits together well. Right balance and editing. Good listening for evening relaxation!

david lloyd jones

Quote from: re:evolution on October 25, 2016, 12:11:42 AM
Quote from: david lloyd jones on October 24, 2016, 09:31:45 PM

By any chance was his place in Vauxhall, London (aka 'Bonnington Square')?  When I got to meet Brian in Hobart, Tasmania earlier this year (at the Dark Mofo festival where he played), he mentioned he was one of the original group who established the Vauxhall, London 'Bonnington Square artists squat' and lived there from the the early 80's until early 90's when he moved to LA. In a somewhat 'small world coincidence', personally during the early 2000's I had lived in one of the last squat houses in Bonnington Square for a short time, before Council final wrested ownership back through a protracted court trial (the local Council had progressively done this over a few decades).

possibly.
I knew his address as Vauxhall mansions, which overlooked the cricket ground.
as extra background, Brian was a wonderful host, and yes, had an axe in his front door, as related as part or his life there, before going to Hollywood and various soundtracks.