PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: Baglady on December 29, 2015, 12:03:00 PM
INTERSYSTEMS 3LP box (Alga Marghen)
Ordered and paid for the much cheaper CD-version but received this luxurious vinyl version instead (by mistake I assume). Nice! Recorded, or at least originally released, during the years 1967 and 1968. Some rather funny spoken word/story telling accompanied by experimental electronic sounds. This, the vinyl version, comes with a huge book and (for the third LP in the set) a smaller zine-like art booklet. It is certainly a document of its time, not too far from what Öyvind Fahlström and Åke Hodell were up to in Sweden back then. To taste, I guess. Lovely stuff!

I have all their releases on CD and one on LP+7"EP. One of the  greatest psycho-experimental band in the end of the 60. As I see, is it re-issue of their three original items? Are there any bonus tracks or something more?

Baglady

Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on December 29, 2015, 12:47:07 PM
Quote from: Baglady on December 29, 2015, 12:03:00 PM
INTERSYSTEMS 3LP box (Alga Marghen)
Ordered and paid for the much cheaper CD-version but received this luxurious vinyl version instead (by mistake I assume). Nice! Recorded, or at least originally released, during the years 1967 and 1968. Some rather funny spoken word/story telling accompanied by experimental electronic sounds. This, the vinyl version, comes with a huge book and (for the third LP in the set) a smaller zine-like art booklet. It is certainly a document of its time, not too far from what Öyvind Fahlström and Åke Hodell were up to in Sweden back then. To taste, I guess. Lovely stuff!

I have all their releases on CD and one on LP+7"EP. One of the  greatest psycho-experimental band in the end of the 60. As I see, is it re-issue of their three original items? Are there any bonus tracks or something more?

Just the three albums, with (as far as I know) original artwork and no bonus tracks. I paid 50€ for it by accident, as I said, but the actual price is 80€ or something. Worth that price tag I'd say.

Zodiac

STREICHER - Annihilism (Old Captain)
I dont think that i need to say much about him ? Quite fine record of australian industrial filth and good reissue from Old Captain again.
Remember, remember... december.

Bloated Slutbag

The Keraunograph Ensemble - The Omnipresent Vol.IV: Writings of Earth lp
"Vaguely unpleasant chamber music" - that piqued the interest. Vaguely unpleasant chamber music, tendered under the power acoustic interra-gations of James Hamilton – that sealed the deal. Quote, Writings of Earth both complements and extends the entropic and geotraumatic concerns which were the focus of JH's previous Nebris project (1998-2009), recontextualising them in a textural language closer to his current work with Preterite (2009-2013), unquote. That's what he says.  A less punctilious sort might say it like: "NH whips out a wackload of bows, hammers, reeds, strings and voices, and gets in a big ol' orgy with David Jackman, plunging desola-ted sorow-s into sultry enveloping layers of rusted-out ornithic forelimbs, adhering fast to the well-primed soundhole, ultimately to render the throbbing aural organ numb, like it were froze to the ground."* (Tried to fit the word "cavernous" in there, but couldn't manage, me bad.) My shoe is off, my foot is cold, my attention lost suddenly in the expansive, glowing, warmth of "Searing Field", and, shamed to admit, there's nothing even vaguely unpleasant about it. Halfway through things take a turn for the dramatic, deepening to a crimson-hued fiery resonance as the bowed metals bleed through their singed, feeding back, extremities. This is pretty much as good as drone gets, says I, JH sure knows his shit! "Screaming beneath the earth" emerges  in a rather more sedate stream of sonorous ringings and bowings, echoed drift almost hinting at the ethereal- but, at the not insignificant interval of 3:33, a thrilling note is struck, signifying the commencement of a stately procession toward the roaring mouth of an infernal abyss. Notes are struck now in deliberate, rhythmic, succession, unveiling in their wake a host of angeli-demonic voices swelling at the threshold. As the massed conflagration of elemental outpouring surges to a rapturous close one perceives at last the unmistakable screaming beneath the earth, but such majestic screaming! With this ultra-limited boxed set, which smells like a true work of art, one obtains the download code for the lp itself plus four additional studies for The Omnipresent I – III, flowing, I believe, in reverse chronology through to the very first Keraunograph, "Prime Radiant", which was first made available in digital form in 2013. A shitload of ear-candy, in short. This is described on Bandcamp as "additional work in progress related to The Omnipresent cycle, recorded from 2009 to 2012", but it is no less fascinating. The aural passages report the progression, in reverse order, from quite primal guitar-feedback densities through to far more lush, full-bodied, un-earthly explorations. About as good a start to the Monkey Year as one could hope. Ook, ook.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

online prowler

Semilanceata CDs and '75 live recording of Terje Rypdal performing jazz masterpiece 'Odyssey' in Germany. Latest XE DVD on WRATH is an enjoyable homage as well! The Grey Wolves' track on 'Waging War Against You' might just be their best. Killer album as well. Con-Dom have never been better. And of course... latest STAB Electronics album. That one give me a hard cock.

tiny_tove

Quote from: holy ghost on December 28, 2015, 02:32:15 AM

Today: SNFU - And No One Wanted To Play LP - fucking loved this record as a teenager, the 35 year old me feels exactly the same way. Never cared for much more after this although If You Swear is pretty great too.

complete masterpiece that sadly they have never been able to replay

Cannibal cafe is a complete classic.
devastating gigs...

CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Zeno Marx

Allegory Chapel Ltd. - Codex Demi-Monde 2014 - I believe this is a reissue of the "1996 Demo Part I" tape, and thank goodness for it - I don't know if I'm too biased to hear clearly, too romantic for ACL, or what; but has anyone else layered or orchestrated noise at this level of skill, with such elements, and end quality? - Jason Crumer is the only other to come to mind - great work.

Roedelius - Selbstportrait II 1980 - krautrock - doesn't have that somber, melancholy, Sunday feel to it like some of the others in the series; more playful and circus-like, particularly in tones; but tracks like "Regenwurm" manage to tightwalk nicely between the street performance vibe and tipping into darkness.

Allegory Chapel Ltd. - Resurrection 2014 - actual new material? - possibly not quite as multi-dimensional as his classic 90's material (but probably is, and I just haven't noticed and absorbed it all yet), with a greater industrial/noise vibe, but all the craftsmanship is absolutely there - may his return be long and plentiful.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

holy ghost

Paranoid - Destroy Future Less System 12": I haven't kept up with contemporary hardcore punk in a loooong time save for some Crossed Out worship PV, but this is just devastating - blown out Confuse style raw as shit hardcore played by three Swedes. Pretty incredible. I really need to start looking out for the rest of their stuff. Plus it comes with a cool poster!!

Wretched - Libero Di Vivere, Libero Di Morire LP - Pretty amazing you can just order a reissue of this for $15, and a few years back I grabbed a reproduction of the Indigesti split 7" to boot (double boot pun intended). I've never heard this recording before now and it's really great. Nice and raw, really fast, same frenetic energy as the previous recordings.

Cecil Taylor - Cecil Taylor Unit (1978 New World Records) & 3 Phasis (New World Records 1979): Scored reasonably priced LP copies of these recently to upgrade my CD copies, this is prime Unit - I originally wasn't as crazy about this era due to the violin playing, but overall these are great records and I've really grown to love where he's at. Maybe a bit less intense than Unit Structures era Cecil but still jarring, discordant and really captivating.

Suppression - Rats In The Control Room CS / Amputated Brain Stem CD: Suppression doing totally fucking crazy noisecore. I haven't kept up with the band over the last few years and I know they have a few recordings of various styles (the Faust of powerviolence?) that I need to get on. I also ordered the anthology from 1993-2000 and caught up, I think I have everything from this era but it's great to get a digital version. Spinning through 65 tracks is great.

Noise/Industrial Holocaust LP: I snagged this for $11 through SPHC record who bought some deadstock, never heard these recording before, although I had the 7" by the same bands. 76 tracks over both sides. Totally raw noisecore, not really many surprises over the other records I 've heard from Noise. Apparently some new reissues are coming out this year as well?

THE RITA HN

Quotecomplete masterpiece that sadly they have never been able to replay

Hang out with Chi Pig at the store, events, etc semi-regularly.  He's an old ally of Skull Skates.

http://skullskates.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=snfu&osCsid=60545479447af09b46fa66f08e897dbf&x=0&y=0

urall

Quote from: holy ghost on January 09, 2016, 01:09:41 AM
Paranoid - Destroy Future Less System 12": I haven't kept up with contemporary hardcore punk in a loooong time save for some Crossed Out worship PV, but this is just devastating - blown out Confuse style raw as shit hardcore played by three Swedes. Pretty incredible. I really need to start looking out for the rest of their stuff. Plus it comes with a cool poster!

Didn't hear this one yet, but i have a couple of their ep's which are great.
You might want to check out Infernoh, Effluxus, Sex Dwarf, Pig DNA, Kromosom, ... as well - these are some of my 'current' faves in the genre.

eyestrain

Sickness "Mudlark" (Self Abuse): Always was, probably always will be, my favorite Goudreau recording. Neurotic. Fuck life.

German Army "Kalash Tirich Mir" (Yerevan Tapes): My favorite yet. Too prolific to have heard it all, but this is the most post-punk, 80's euro-industrial sounding album yet. Highly recommended if GA has ever interested you.

Major Carew

Con-Dom - War and Ordnance :

The A side is good, the Con-Dom 'standards' as far as tracks go so you can't go wrong. The B side however just roars with bulldozing power,fucking excellent. Well recorded too.

holy ghost

Quote from: urall on January 10, 2016, 11:20:23 AM
Didn't hear this one yet, but i have a couple of their ep's which are great.
You might want to check out Infernoh, Effluxus, Sex Dwarf, Pig DNA, Kromosom, ... as well - these are some of my 'current' faves in the genre.

So far I've looked up Sex Dwarf and Pig DNA - both great! Thanks.

Reading Kim Gordon's biography right now - listened to Sonic Youth Daydream Nation. This record seriously sucks. I have a soft spot for SY but really at this point the SYR records, Washing Machine and some of the stuff of their later period records. Basically everything before Washing Machine is unbearable (IMO)

Anthony Braxton - For Trio - same composition, performed by different trios on side a and b. Totally out there, and great to see how each unit interprets the same material.

Nils Cline & Gregg Bendian - Interstellar Space Revisited - a co-worker lent me the CD, very fucking cool. Not as much of a shedfest as I would have imagined but really cool. I don't know much about this guys Cline but this rules.

The Rita - Sea Wolf Leviathan CS - grabbed this and a few other records direct from artist...great to get this but how to review? It's very harsh noise wall! No surprises here!!

Zodiac

Slogun / Sickness - Split CD

Well, both deliever the goods and i am sure that this is not the place where i have to praise this guys. Strong material from both. Point.
Remember, remember... december.

Andrew McIntosh

Coming from the same region I'm in, I'm sure I would have met this person at a gig at sometime. But for the life of me, right now I just don't know who this is. Anyway, this shit's great. Low fidelity, loud recorded, crude harsh fucking Noise. https://soundcloud.com/tttttttttlllllllll
Shikata ga nai.