Alcohol

Started by Levas, September 09, 2011, 11:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

david lloyd jones

today am drinking in non trend town centre pub and not a stupid Xmas jumper in sight.
seasoning with standard porter that after 6pints has stopped my cold symptoms-though this is not practical for a workday

Levas

Tasted a couple of young single malts from this young and first whiskey distillery in Israel

http://mh-distillery.com/

Gin is especially rich in taste and good. Whiskey - well, it's young. Anyways, brought back some ultra limited bottles that I'll sell after they get very famous and get tons of shekels

F_c_O

Asked for lucid absinthe for christmas gift from my lil bro. Hope he delivers. For ages Ive yearned to taste the real stuff, the mythical absinthe. All I can hope for is not to be dissapointed this christmas. . .

Peterson

Couple of the local new brewhouse Coppertop Alehouse's Russian Imperial Stout @ 9%. Plus a few freebies here and there. Merry x-mass....

Pax Chetyorka

Quote from: F_c_O on December 17, 2016, 01:19:41 PM
Asked for lucid absinthe for christmas gift from my lil bro. Hope he delivers. For ages Ive yearned to taste the real stuff, the mythical absinthe. All I can hope for is not to be dissapointed this christmas. . .
Hope you get one!

Absinthe is delicious, by far my favorite alcoholic beverage. Vertes, blanches, bleues, they're all special.

david lloyd jones

just a quick Harrah for alcohol and it's part in getting me through numerous family Christmases over the years.
this one included

anotherwaytogetold

Port Askaig 100% proof.
That should be the best NAS i have ever tried. Peaty, smoky like cold ashes but with fruits (pear ? apple ?). It's deep and it stays long on the tongue.
Despite its 51% it's not harsh, easily drinkable and effective on the brain.
I'm drinking it while listening to Slogun's Let Me Show You How and it's an enjoyable association.

david lloyd jones

my generic praise for the seasonal benefits of booze at xmess,
must be aimed specifically at the polish vodka distiller 'old krupnik' whose vodka slid down like a caress, made stress evaporate and all as smoothly as lube on a non doctor

F_c_O

Got the absinthe. Am happy man, at least on that front.

I think its quite good but I am not an absinthe connoseur on any level, this being my first bottle. Strong liqourice smell, heavy anise taste. Louche is nice and certainly helps with atmosphere, hah!

Other stuff I tried was rakia, not sure if i wrote that correctly, during xmas evening with family. It was something wicked strong, like 40%, but tasted like sweetened lemon juice and went down really easy. No wonder everyone was drunk off their arses that night and preferred to stay in bed the next day!

david lloyd jones

Quote from: F_c_O on January 07, 2017, 11:33:01 PM
Got the absinthe. Am happy man, at least on that front.

I think its quite good but I am not an absinthe connoseur on any level, this being my first bottle. Strong liqourice smell, heavy anise taste. Louche is nice and certainly helps with atmosphere, hah!

Other stuff I tried was rakia, not sure if i wrote that correctly, during xmas evening with family. It was something wicked strong, like 40%, but tasted like sweetened lemon juice and went down really easy. No wonder everyone was drunk off their arses that night and preferred to stay in bed the next day!

glad you enjoyed both.
my experience of good absinthe is like being passed and stoned at the same time.

cr

Addicted to this Holy Trinity:

david lloyd jones

cr

Why not?

(Damn, those pics are far too large)

david lloyd jones

fruit based drink for the ladies.

cr

Haha, ok I see. Will have to give it up then.