PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levas

Machismo – Humiliation In Attitude Decent tape though didn't catch my ears too much during first listening. Too much delay/reverb//

Abuse Patterns – Reproducing The Pathology
Better tape from Anabolic Dimensions. quite rude, samples, nice coming up with voice.

Grain Belt / Wince – Live In The Twin Cities AWESOME noise. simply excellent!

Ashmonger

Where Is This - The Erection Section (B-card, lim. 20, Quagga Curious Sounds): HNW which mainly got my attention due to the title and packaging (, mine came with a pack of pussy rub though). This is the first HNW release I got. I do like the sound presented here: mainly high and middle frequency, but I do like its structure. There's some variation which makes it interesting, but to the end I noticed for a moment a bit of boredom, so I guess it's good it's only 5min. Also starts and stops very abruptely, which I like less. Nevertheless, it's a little release which keeps me fascinated for a while. I still have a HNW tape from Slaughter-Fetus which I still have to listen to, but does this make me want to listsen to much more HNW? I don't know, it's fascinating, but I can see how it can get boring with longer releases...

Brandkommando - 731 (B-card, lim. 25, Corrosive Art Records): Corrosive Art seems mainly known for its very limited B-card releases, which give me some questions: why are they so limited? The package of this one looks good, but very easy, so shouldn't be too much of a problem to make for example 50. On the other hand, it's mainly acts which do have other widely available releases (thinking of Steel Hook Prostheses for example), so it's not really a problem to miss a release which only has 5 minutes of music. (Though, I would have liked that SHP!)
Now, to the music of Brandkommando on this one: Industrial/Power Electronics, with effected vocals, which I really had to focus on, because they don't stand out from the rest of the noise, which is not a bad case though, makes it stand apart from other PE acts, I think. Some weird sounds to the end as well. Brandkommando is an interesting act, more centered around atmosphere than brutality, but from the few releases I've heard from him, quality seems to differ.

Also: Iron Maiden - Somewhere Back In Time (The Best Of 1980 - 1989) and Judas Priest - Killing Machine: both good music for driving around for work.
In between also got about 5 mins of metal junk noise in an industrial area around Antwerp. The raw, unchanged sounds so to say, sounded nice!

bitewerksMTB

damaar - triumph through spears of sacrilege

Wonder if they're still active? Would love to hear a full-length!

Been on a BIG BLACK kick. Want to pick up Lps as prices do not seem too bad. When all that stuff came out, a friend had the rec's so I'd just borrow/tape.

Still no damn Mania/HH tape yet. Fucking mail. My side was recorded in summer 2010. Was suppose to have been a c30 tape but I never came up with a s2.

post-morten

Quote from: Peterson on September 17, 2011, 01:15:06 AM
I'm still waiting on a Merzbow tape from a guy in Ohio that I ordered over two weeks ago...

If this happens to be Jason of Quell, you're doomed. Ten years later, I'm still waiting for the goods I traded with him...

RG

It's getting cold and damp outside, good time to sit inside and listen to records.

Mania/Custodian split 12" - I'm a big fan of splits and this is a keeper. Good pairing, a nice satisfying listen. First time I've heard Custodian and I like; relentless blasting but plenty going on and it doesn't get boring. Mania side is really nice and I like the more...minimal(?) approach to parts of it. Maybe minimal isn't the right word, restrained would better. Maybe what Peterson is talking about when he says "industrial ambient". Mania is putting out some quality stuff in recent months: the 7" on F&V, this split, and now the split tape with HH (gotta get!)

IRM/Skin Area split 10" - IRM track is different from the other stuff I've heard from them (Red Album). For the most part, it's a long undulating drone piece with an exotic touch. I didn't expect this: cymbals/gongs, chimes, and horns over a foundation of throbbing bass pulse. Picks up in intensity with some brief vocals and then slinks off into the darkness. Good track. Skin Area seems like nice droning background music but nothing great. The bass/guitar/drums/horn freakout at the end grabbed my attention but quickly lost it again. Overall a weird and decent release, but not something I see myself coming back to regularly.

Bereft - Tough Man 7" - Opens with a piercing high frequency that leads into some vocals + microphone feedback. Bass buzzing of a raw cable occasionally cuts into the fray, and a swirling, churning blade slowly works its way into the mix to eventually take over at the end. Neat track, very dynamic. Side B is good as well, this is some well crafted stuff. I need to investigate more of this guy's material.

Sewer Goddess - Verdigris 7" - Side A is a seething and menacing cut that reminds me of Blue Sabbath Black Cheer due to the heavy down pitch shifting on the vocals. Side B picks up the pace with more aggressive tactics, use of higher frequencies, and more feminine vocals. Some interesting things buried in the muck on this side. I'm not a huge fan of death industrial because I tend to lose interest quickly, but it's good in moderation so I like this 7".

STROM.ec - Glass Cage 7" - Dirtier sound than I'm used to from these guys but I don't mind it. It's their usual beat/loop driven PE with samples but under a layer of grime. I prefer their more recent cleaner produced & more polished material, but I'm a fan of the project so of course I still like this. From the same time as Dogs of Total Order album.

Dieter Müh – Aakal 7" - Got this as a freebie in an order a while back but never listened to until now. Side A is monotonous industrial drone with a looped (vocal?) sample that starts out buried in the mix but eventually comes to the surface as the track runs its course. Kinda boring. First track on side B is dominated by a hypnotic, bouncing mid-high frequency "beat" that gets louder as the track goes on and has an ok ending. Second track has lots of layered, heavy looped and delayed vocal samples. Creates a swirling, active atmosphere. Side B > Side A.

post-morten

Quote from: Peterson on September 17, 2011, 08:20:29 PM
Is he under the name "readytodie" on Discogs?

Dunno... my dealings with him were back in pre discogs/ebay days. Not even sure he still resides in Ohio, but back then he did.

HONOR_IS_KING!

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on September 16, 2011, 11:31:41 PM

Incredibly album from my fellow brethren, shame about them getting kicked out of Lebanon.

Last I heard, they have relocated to Australia and they were writing a full length, I don't know if it happened or not.
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

pontifx

that would be wonderful.

Ashmonger

Pussdrainer - Sexual Revulsion (C33, Danvers State Recordings): Don't know whether this is HN or PE, but as DSR says some parts indeed seem to go into HNW territory. Vocals are very much buried and efected, so it took me a while to notice them and convince myself they really are vocals. Lo-Fi sound. This tape has a moldy atmosphere. I expected something sharper and more brutal. Nevertheless, it's quite good.

Scat-O-Logy

NON / Boyd Rice - Live & "Pagan Musick" (Cass, C60)
Not actually my cup of tea. Just purhcased this so I could hear something from Boyd Rice.

The Grey Wolves - Chaos Ov Creation (Cass, C90)
I like this but still it doesn't give me any feelings. Side B is a little bit better (with more atmospheric stuff) than side A (harsher stuff).

The Grey Wolves - Passage Of Demons / Incaceration (Cass, C90)
This is better cassette in my opinnion. It sounds more of the GW that I'm used to hear.

By the way, is these worth anything or rare items? Boyd Rice is released by Extreme (or Zero Cabal??) and GW cassettes are both released by Strength Through Awareness.

Ashmonger

Slaughter-Fetus - Exterminate All Life (C25, Danvers State Recordings): HNW again, but this is good. Filthy bass-driven sound, some samples, side B got some nasty feedback. Will play this again.

bitewerksMTB

Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on September 18, 2011, 06:08:49 AM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on September 16, 2011, 11:31:41 PM

Incredibly album from my fellow brethren, shame about them getting kicked out of Lebanon.

Last I heard, they have relocated to Australia and they were writing a full length, I don't know if it happened or not.

Kicked out of Lebanon! Any details online about that? I was thinking they were Iran...

STREETMEAT

Richard Ramirez Grunt Split lp.

TALK ABOUT SOMETHING THAT NEED TO GET REISSUED!
classic tracks from both artist + collaborations are perfect sound of both artist.

RyanWreck

I've been listening to "Dedicated To Bob Flanagan" and some old punk records from the early - mid 90's

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: RyanWreck on September 19, 2011, 11:13:08 AM
"Dedicated To Bob Flanagan"

This was in my opinnion the best of the new Untergeschoss batch. I fucking love the B-side.

I needed a little lift in my day, so I decided to start it with Whitehouse's "Asceticists 2006".