PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Söldnergeist Terror (Art Konkret 1997) CD

The great music on free morning. One of these bands which were in the shadow of more known, but somebody should write much more about this project. Excellent music, I have almost all their / his (?) releases and all of them are very good.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on July 09, 2012, 10:06:25 AM
but somebody should write much more about this project.

Years ago I tried to ask them for interview, but band said they don't want to do any.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Ashley Choke

News from the north:

Blodvite ‎– Dekonstruktioner
Great continuation of the BV style, maybe sligthly more electronic approach. great opener! Only one spin yet but looking forward to digging into this release

Jaakko Vanhala - Here Be Lions
Without being biased I will say this is def some of the best noise I've heard in recent years. Again maybe a more electronic approach than Feral Earth, totally over the top, psychedelic bulldozing of the brain, if this was any longer I would have ended up on the floor crying like a little child for Speedy J records.

Pussyfooter - Test Press of upcoming release
Did the big mistake of listening to the testpress of our new record just after the Vanhala tape. Everything sounds pale in comparison. Still this is turning out to be quite a nice release, looking forward to the finished result

RyanWreck

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on July 05, 2012, 11:19:53 PM

Too bad F.A. or F&V are not releasing the full-length from Silent Abuse.

Who is (baseborn again)? I've been a bit behind on these types of things lately.

ARKHE

Quote from: KHH on July 10, 2012, 05:37:01 AM
News from the north:

Without being biased I will say this is def some of the best noise I've heard in recent years. Again maybe a more electronic approach than Feral Earth, totally over the top, psychedelic bulldozing of the brain, if this was any longer I would have ended up on the floor crying like a little child for Speedy J records.

Definitely a powerful little tape (13 min per side, approx). Mandatory harsh noise!

Else played recently:
HAL HUTCHINSON & IFOTS lps on Unrest - great stuff; HH gives the best metal junk noise I've heard, period. Even though the sounds feel unprocessed, there is a red thread, a narrative going through it. IFOTS was great. Very nice looking releases, as well. Unrest vinyls = great (and yes, I'm biased).

CONCRETE MASCARA - new tape. Nice artwork from Si Clark. Can't remember exactly how it sounded, but it had a lot of feedback and lyrics. Enjoyed it!

ALCHEMY OF THE 21st CENTURY - that recent album. Still bloody amazing. And no, I never remember album titles.

KRISTIAN OLSSON - new tape (hasn't any printed title or info at all). From what I've understood a highly limited promo tape for his new album. Natural progression from the previous works, incredibly dark and oppressive without becoming harsh at all. Almost dark ambient vibes at certain points. Much more enthused by his solo works than the ALFARMANIA material.

ZINC ROOM - Shifting Soil. Bleak experimental music, felt like it was situated in between the aforementioned Ao21C album and perhaps the Dead Man soundtrack or EARTH's Hex album. Highly enjoyable.

IRM - Order4. Still as menacing and oppressive as ever before. In a completely different league than most bands today!

GA'AN - s/t and Black Equus. The vinyls arrived yesterday from Captcha. Minimal progressive they call it, I'd label it zeuhl - heavy synthesizers, powerful drums and improvised vocals. Awesome music, could be the soundtrack of an obscure 1970's SF film.

P A N I C

Quote from: RyanWreck on July 10, 2012, 07:21:11 AM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on July 05, 2012, 11:19:53 PM

Too bad F.A. or F&V are not releasing the full-length from Silent Abuse.

Who is (baseborn again)? I've been a bit behind on these types of things lately.

Urashima, if I'm not mistaken.

tiny_tove

Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on July 09, 2012, 10:06:25 AM

The great music on free morning. One of these bands which were in the shadow of more known, but somebody should write much more about this project. Excellent music, I have almost all their / his (?) releases and all of them are very good.

complete masterpiece.

last listening for me:

SILENT ABUSE: 7" - I am SO looking forward for the full length. The true sound of morbidity
SICK SEED: lathe 7" - always better and always stronger
IANVA - LA MANO DI GLORIA - Not noise, possibly the best undreground project in Italy at the moment. Third full length, cinematic songs with Italian singing, less bombastic than the previous ones, but still a masterpiece with fantastic lay out and GREAT concept. we want more!
IFOTS - TEARS ROYAL LP - I have to listen to this at least once a day!!! Fucking brilliant
HALTHAN - I am your enemy CD - I already stated this, best work from sebastian, great contribution from BU help, but not only that!
ALFARMANIA - Skräcken CD - another great work to ruin my ear with... damn I am having a dream summer!
NICOLE 12  - first 12 years - well... nothing to add here... one of my fave 10 project ever... so I am a complete partisan on this.

urashima, top notch Italian label releasing excellent limited edition of great noise/pe.
one of the rising starts in Italy, definitely worth checking.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

ImpulsyStetoskopu

V/A: SEXORAMA (ZSF Produkt 1984) 4 x cassette (unfortunately I have only a dubbed copy)

Usually I don't like compilations, but this one is very important for me, and, I guess, very important in history of industrial/PE/noise. It could be reissued on CDs and this is a true mirror of that period. Many not issued (earlier and after that, as I think) tracks and many mysterious (set up ad hoc?) projects. The real bible of noise and tool to dig deeper.

ghoulson

Thanks for the kind words. Title of the tape is "Ligranorex". Recordings will be released on "proper" format soon I hope.

FACTRIX: Scheintot LP (Superior Viaduct)
FACTRIX & MONTE CAZAZZA: California Babylon LP (Subterranean Records)
Just got the reissue of Scheintot from Superior Viaduct and had to listen to both records.... When I listen to Factrix I keep questioning why I don't have them on constant rotation. Without any doubt one of the best early industrial bands to emerge from USA. Must say that the future of Superior Viaduct seems very promising. Soon they will release "Music for Sick Queers" by The German Shepherds...

WICKED LADY: The Axeman Cometh 2LP (Guerssen)
Great reissue on Guerssen of their first album. Dark fuzz-drenched psychedelic hardrock.

FUCK OFF... WE MURDER!!! A criminal compilation (Soffitta Macabra)
I haven't listened to this compilation for over a decade, back then it was very inspiring and with no doubt shaped the direction of my activities. Some great contributions from Grey Wolves, Atrax Morgue, Lasse Marhaug, Con-Dom, ExOrder, Robert X-Patriot & Wertham. Sure, some tracks are boring fillers, but that hardly matters. This is a great concept compilation...

tiny_tove

Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on July 10, 2012, 11:37:23 AM
V/A: SEXORAMA (ZSF Produkt 1984) 4 x cassette (unfortunately I have only a dubbed copy)

Usually I don't like compilations, but this one is very important for me, and, I guess, very important in history of industrial/PE/noise. It could be reissued on CDs and this is a true mirror of that period. Many not issued (earlier and after that, as I think) tracks and many mysterious (set up ad hoc?) projects. The real bible of noise and tool to dig deeper.

damn I have totally forgotten about this!
a total classic.

FreakAnimalFinland

It's not so long ago when Statutory Tape (aka RRR) was still selling the american version of this. They still stock some of those multiple tape compilation sets like Rising From The Red Sand 5 tapes, Journey Into Pain 4 tapes, Best of GROSS 4 tapes,...  don't know why not anymore Sexorama.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

P-K

Quote from: ARKHE on July 10, 2012, 11:01:48 AM
Quote from: KHH on July 10, 2012, 05:37:01 AM
News from the north:

Definitely a powerful little tape (13 min per side, approx). Mandatory harsh noise!

in mailbox today.....OMG. powerfull. structured. dynamics.

Nil By Mouth

I will received all the Vanhala stuff asap, can't wait!

In the meanwhile..
CALIGULA031 slavetrade2000
At the moment, noise album of the year! It's more of a powerful work, the sordidness is really constant and sound variety is solid as the sleazy attitude linked to some events and atmospheres of some parts of italy suburbia. Look the album was recorded on the streets, outside the night clubs, around pimps with golden rolex and old mercedes cars. Its a pure album, I'm honoured to release the upcoming chapter for my label :)

ImpulsyStetoskopu

S*CORE / Stefano BIASIN (Afflict Records 1987) cassette

Very good material. Especially side of Stefano BIASIN (I forgot to create about him entry in my book but his activity will be prepared in case of TEATRINO DELLA VOLPE) who did awesome industrial avantgarde of rock music with many samples and various elements of experimental, ritual, ethnic and folk music. Anybody knows something more about BIASIN? I guess that folks from Italy could help me :)

tiny_tove

what about him?

Stefano is a top notch guy. I think he was involved in early Italian TOPY, met him only once when we played on the same bill in Pordenone at Congresso POst Industriale. He made a very funny gig wearing a wig with very funny lyrics, totally entertaining.

There are a series of Italian post industrial projects and label that would definitely need a revival, at least for historical reasons.
If anybody is interested I can open a post... We had shitload of excellent/weird projects that didn't sound like anything else. People tend to remember only the harshest ones, but we any sort of weird stuff. From ritual (ain soph!!!), to very complex ones with strong concepts and imagery (officine schwartz, tasaday, CCC CNC NCN -who possibly released the best Italian record of the first wave), FAR (anybody should listen to Presto i topi verranno) and the funny MGZ.

returning to Biasin, I don't have direct contact with him, but I can ask to a common close friend.