PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEHPF

Fecalove - Wrong tape
Is it okay to call this fun noise? Either way, I find this fun. Nice aesthetics and good noise.

Bestializer - Atavistic Aggression tape
Heavy power electronics. Not just side full of noise, but songs. Good vocals, different styles on each song. Sounds pretty unique in 2012. Also classy covers, as expected from Narcolepsia. All in all, very positive surprise.

Soft Option Killing - s/t tape
Heard the original tape back when it was released and always thought it was better than the later tapes on Unrest. Seems like I was wrong! It's nice though and the later tapes are obviously then even better.

Jah Excretion - Untitled tape
As tape noise, why not. Nothing wrong here, but wouldn't really carry an albums worth of playing time. Some might be turned off by the reggae culture influence though.

BBBlood - Lazar House tape
Always avoided him because of the name, I actually like the whole name better. Baron Bum Blood. Anyway, not bad. In a way it's like if Jarl made some harsher sounds, but in a more accurate way it's nothing like Jarl.

RG

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on August 20, 2012, 09:53:25 PM
Quote from: RG on August 19, 2012, 08:01:39 PM
Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets reissue DLP

um what?!

Ya, Relapse reissued it a couple years ago. They also did Souls at Zero and Enemy of the Sun earlier this year. I imagine they'll do Times of Grace eventually.

online prowler

Musique électronique Norvégienne
Arne Nordheim, Alfred Janson, Bjørn Fongaard
12"

Fongaard track is amazing guitar work.

Street Drinkers - Dead Secrets
12"

Piss in my ear. Dark, depressive w bad hangover vocals.

Min Kniv - Av Aske CS.
Misanthropic BM howls from mid-Norway.

Nyrkki & Kyrpä CS.
Plain. Hard. Cock. Best compilation from F&V.

Henrik III

Quote from: online prowler on August 21, 2012, 02:53:19 AM
12"

Discovered this record in library long ago. Initially was drawn to it by Nordheim but it was Fongaard that made the biggest impression. It is strange that so little of his music was released back in the day. Probably too rough and unpolished. The TV interview in boxset is priceless.

andy vomit

GNAWED / THE THIN WHITE PUKE - Split C10
CORPUSCLE - Victoria Snuffbox C40

both really, really fucking good. 
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

online prowler

Quote from: Henrik III on August 21, 2012, 02:46:54 PM
Quote from: online prowler on August 21, 2012, 02:53:19 AM
12"

Discovered this record in library long ago. Initially was drawn to it by Nordheim but it was Fongaard that made the biggest impression. It is strange that so little of his music was released back in the day. Probably too rough and unpolished. The TV interview in boxset is priceless.

Fongaard's records testimonies a true visionary. He is not too well known, even in Norway, though the last years there have been a rise in interest. I stumbled across his works some years ago by chance and was truly baffled. The record label Prisma records released in 2010 a dvd/cd boxset. Should be easy enough to get for those interested. Also avail via Plastic Strip Press. I enclose links below.

http://prismarecords.blogspot.no/2010_10_01_archive.html

http://www.plasticstrip.no/index.php?/prisma-record/bjorn-fongaard/

Bjørn Fongaard performing on NRK, the Norwegian Broadcasting Bureau, broadcast 3 December 1971.
http://vimeo.com/16059877

bitewerksMTB

Theta "scire" tape- pretty good, lots of sounds going on with static/heavy bass. alot of it sounds like a reel2reel being abused
Entre Vifs "heavy duty" cd- glad this was reissued, amazing it took so long. one of the few rel's i wish i'd never sold/traded
Hal Hutchinson/Mania "kollaborative wreckage"- listening to final mixes & recording one final piece

Levas

So since many people has been listening to their own material, I've listened to:

Body Cargo / Pogrom - Resistance CD - co-released with Cipher Productions. not bad

Creation Through Destruction / Black Leather Jesus CD - not bad

Both of these are available for preview at http://soundcloud.com/terrorlt if you want to sneak peek. Not oficially out yet. Will be anounced later when all get their parts.

Other stuff:

Ke/Hil - Hellstation CD - trying to catch up with that synth-pop + pe stuff. decent disc.

Apoptose - Nordland CD - Pompastic stuff that's quite weird to listen to. but I guess it's ok

RU-486 - Blitz Aktion Contra - Haven't read that it was a live tape at first so I thought it was Thomas shouting "FUCK YEAH!!!" and other things, but it seems that it was just some listener, very excited about the show. The project that gives me mixed feelings, but there were nice parts in the tape

Conure and 15 Degrees Below Zero - Split - didn't like the bigger part of A side. Towards the end it became more interesting. B side was good.

Æther & Trepaneringsritualen ‎– Edifice Of Nine Sauvastikas - nice meditative album. Dark and calm. Nice covers and nice theme of the release

Halalnihil ‎– Freedom Destroyer - average noise though listenable. It would be worse without the funny part "Inhos uses Boss and Digitech pedals exclusively."

Mikerdeath

Quote from: Johann on August 19, 2012, 01:57:25 AM
Macronympha - Melting Softly Into Time

Excellent.

Macronympha - Amplified Humans (Industrial Recollections)
Macronympha - Baroque (Industrial Recollections)
Macronympha - Sex And Death 7" (Hospital)

Levas

A bunch of tapes yesterday.

Anal Barbara / Musta oksennus - split - enjoyable noisecore record. though i'm not a big noisecore fan, this went well.

Musta Oksennus ‎– Last Days In Bunker - somewhat more noisier record. Liked better than the split

These were decent though I don't quite remember what was that about

Swarm Survival ‎– Soporific Miasma

Ascites - Liquid Assets

Deterge - Peace Corps

Hheva/Shiver - split - nice. shiver made good impression with the first 3"cdr i had a chance to listen to. now it's good material too. hheva is decent. both quite calm and dark

Pollutive Static - Destructive devices
- the top of yesterday's! very good, harsh and pleasantly listenable noise

The Streetcleaner - Erhe - it's a good album, but I got tired quite soon because of the same vocal and he was shouting and shouting and shouting there from the very beginning to the end of the tape so the material seemed very alike

Unclean - Deranged - very good Unclean material! I think it's even better than the tape on FV

Amph / SSRI - nice package and good sounds. Amph - more droney, SSRI - manipulations of tapes and vinyls as it is written, but overall, quite intense material. enjoyable record

whateverforever

v/a-Dark Side Of the Brain lp (Telepherique/Christine 23 Onna/John Waterman/Trance)
Agog "dust is their food and clay is their meat" lp
Enema Syringe "visa mig vagen till mellringe" lp
Alvars Orkestrer "pace dapper" lp
Nurse With Wound "alice the goon" lp
Voice Crack "shock_late" lp
A Certain Ratio "to each" lp
Crash Worship "pyru" 7"

nothing new here.

Zeno Marx

Uniform Choice - Screaming for Change 1986 - about 20 times - all roads have been leading back to it.
King Crimson live 1971-1973 - Fripp's DMG sells a lot of live recordings - it's easy to get lost in them - The Devil's Triangle was a great live track.
Noveller/unFact - Bleached Valentine 2010 - the Noveller track, "Bleached Beach", has a great Manuel Gottsching/quasi-Neu feel; unfortunately short at six minutes - the other two Noveller tracks are shadowed by its greatness - Noveller pretty much never do wrong; all releases are quality and something I enjoy every time.
Trevor Wishart - Journey into Space 1972 - ICR cassette collection -
New 7th Music - Modella 1982 - ICR cassette collection - a more musical, [at times] more accessible version of groups like No Neck Blues Band, Gruppo di Improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza, AMM, etc, and keeping firmly experimental - several players, and with the way this sounds, they're keen listeners and improvisers.
New 7th Music - Hypatia 1982 - ICR cassette collection - much more primal and less academic than their Modella album - nice tribal flute and atmosphere - campfire rattles and percussion with a piano accompaniment - it does return to a more academic feel here and there, though.
Lord Wind - Ales Stenar 2012 - It's decent.  It's REALLY long and doesn't need to be.  I don't often say that about an album, but it's a lot of the same and doesn't even subtly explore the ideas.  Some nice medieval music, but it lacks sophistication.  While I appreciated it, it also struck me as shallow.  Dead Can Dance, Wolfsblood, Waldteufel, Sturmpercht.  None of that strikes me as shallow.  It might get goofy or cheesy at times, but they haven't struck me as shallow.  I still think it is worth a listen, and I can see myself listening to it again if I want medieval music that doesn't sound like it was made for a restaurant where they feast and joust.  Definitely a step above that and in the right direction.  One guy does it all, correct?  Probably would have benefited from other other people playing on it and offering some input.
Stargazer - A Great Work of Ages 2010 - I continue to have no idea what this band is attempting to do.
Roedelius - Durch Die Wuste 1978 - first track is a rock song, but about half way through, it focuses around krautrock guitar noodling that isn't entirely cosmic, but more rock oriented; still not bad - second track is long with key, piano, and electronics; some erie sounds and some good synths (not great synths) - "Glaubersalz" is simple synths and what sounds like a haprsichord - "Regenmacher" is a cool synth and percussion piece.
Furthur.2012-07-13.sbd - good 1st set:  Hey Pocky Way, GSET, Crazy Fingers - good 2nd set:  Scarlet, Fire, Let It Grow, Dark Star (Milestones jam at the beginning), Unbroken Chain,
Furthur.2012-07-15.sbd - really nice second set with Terraplin split in half and Estimated>Supplication.
MAMA - Study Of A Human Tongue 1987 - IOS Smolders - voice experimentation - not something I usally like, but this is an interesting album worthy of more listens - everything Smolders does is of high quality, and this is no different.
Furthur.2012-07-14.sbd - 2nd set isn't a barnburner, but it is solid and a good listen - great set list except for "Eclipse".
Jason Crumer - Walk With Me 2009 - I really like the last track a lot - good album with variation like was once common.
V/A Integration 1983 - ICR cassette collection - some nice tracks, like at the end of side 2 (couldn't follow the track listing, but I think it is the Colin Potter track), but some bad pop synth tracks that if weren't lacking vocals, they would be 3rd tier pop songs of terrible order.
Uniform Choice - Early Demos 1984 - listening to the CD and wondering if the original is this bass heavy and muddy on the bottom end - demos are usually raw and harsh with little bottom end - CD mastering?  good representation of the original? - love these songs.
Paul Kelday - Expedition to the Barren 1985 - good album - experimental and ambient synth darkness and well-written tracks - recommended.
Roedelius - Lustwandel 1981 - piano, weak drum machine, and some light synths - mellow album - the drum machine being weak can get in the way of the tracks - "Wilkommen" is a good Scottish arrangement - not a terrible album, but on the weaker side overall; the 2nd half is stronger than the 1st half - short tracks, so each idea is easily bearable - "Langer Atem" has a pleasing melody and decent kettle drums, and while not ambient in a traditional sense, it is relaxing and floating in a catchy way.
Achim Reichel & Machines.73-10-20.FM-WDR-mono - krautrock - a lot of it is interview, but there are a couple of nice tracks and an easy-flowing, gentle cosmic jam of 34 minutes - nice listen, but not as phenomenal as I hoped.
Chris and Cosey - Heartbeat 1981 - good minimalist synth album for when in the Clock DVA, Roedelius, or Moebius mood - recommended.
V/A Flowmotion 1982 - ICR collection - 1st side is solid with the exception of the final track from The Legendary Pink Dots, which isn't a poor track, but it does drop the energy - 2nd side is synth and minimalist electronics and ambient heaven.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Mikerdeath

Quote from: Zeno Marx on August 25, 2012, 01:02:17 AM
Uniform Choice - Screaming for Change 1986 - about 20 times - all roads have been leading back to it.
Uniform Choice - Early Demos 1984 - listening to the CD and wondering if the original is this bass heavy and muddy on the bottom end - demos are usually raw and harsh with little b

FUCK YES.  "You'v got no choice."

going to see Deathroes @ terminal tonight, pretty fucking stoked on that.

ironfistofthesun

yesterday's payday buys..

eraserhead soundtrack lp set...
jk flesh posthuman lp
ptv/z'ev berlin atonal lp 1&2
nocturnal emissions chaos lp

last weeks..
striborg lp's/cd's
daimian dubrovnik lp
charls manson sick city lp
alters lp
Incapacitants one sided lp
Dieter Muh tesco lp
dead raven choir cooking with wolves lp

ConcreteMascara

Just found the newest Haus Arafna in a Moscow record shop today. Great score! Really enjoying the even more accessible approach.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512