Speaking of noisecore...

Started by UGRA, March 26, 2011, 07:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGRA

I barely post here, despite that I am frequently following this amazing forum.

Anyway, a friend of mine just did a MP3 file from an old tape of a noise(core) project I used to play in on the 90´s, and I thought it could interest some of you.
The project was called Kaosa Bruo (Esperanto for Chaotic Noise). The file is from our side on a split tape with french noisecore act 7 Minutes of Chiasse.

Everything was improvised and recorded on cassete tape. Later we edited to cut just the highlights and mix them with strange samples (most from religious radio programs). Once in a while we threw some covers from old brazilian punk bands (like Olho Seco and Excomungados) between the "songs".
We also had a keyboardist! By that time my sister´s boyfriend was a guy into progressive rock and some more "experimental" stuff. He was kind of amazed with the idea of a noisecore band and agreed to play keyboard with us.
As one can hear, it´s not really tipical noisecore, althought it plays by most of the same rules.

We did 3 or 4 split tapes and disbanded. It was between 1996 and 1998, I think.

Well, maybe it will interest some of you, so here´s the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?f9cm8d2go0gu84o

Any comments will be welcomed!