BODY CARGO

Started by emboscado, December 05, 2012, 07:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emboscado

Hey,

Can anyone recommend a starting point? Highs? Lows? References on almost any format...

Thanx.
e m b o s c a d o

STREETMEAT

Quote from: Si Clark on December 05, 2012, 07:25:03 PM
Recent split CD with Pogrom is very good. You should get that.

+the 10"

RyanWreck

Here is an interview I did with him back in 2011: http://purestench.blogspot.com/2011/03/interview-body-cargo.html

My favorites:

1. Body Cargo - "Conspiracy of Containers" CS (2011) - Dark and slow cold-blooded energy with densely layered textures. A post-mortem masterpiece in my opinion.
2. Body Cargo / Pogrom - "Resistance" split CD (2012) - Both artists are fucking great, getting this CD is a win/win (I will have a review of it up in a few)
3. Body Cargo ‎– "Logistics Of Religion" 10inch (2011) - More of that lo-fi, dissonance of disembodied electronic soundscapes that makes the BC signature.

Check out the Hassokk cs on Phage Tapes this year. And of course never forget his old project, Clo Goelach. Maybe not as good as Body Cargo but there are still some shining pieces.

Andrew McIntosh

At the risk of echo-ing, do get that Hassokk tape from Phage. I got a copy as an extra without knowing it was Linxty and was struck by how great it sounded to me - grimy synth darkness. If it appeals, you might also want to get the Volksmorg cassette, a collaboration with Levas. Filth by the fucking truckload. Albeit slow and oozing and abundant, might be a bit of an overdose for those wanting more structured PE.

And yes, the split with Pogrom, very much so. Ever more filth. Linxty does filth.
Shikata ga nai.

emboscado

Thanks to you all for your interesting comments, guys. All carefully noted!
e m b o s c a d o

TS

Conspiracy of Containers is excellent, apart from that I've only heard "Secret Domain", and in my opinion Conspiracy of Containers is the better one of the two. Very atmospheric.
Kropper uten Mellomrom