PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddmurph

Quote from: KMusselman on January 06, 2013, 10:24:39 AM
Rounding out the evening with:

Roy Harper - HQ  (2012 Autographed Edition)

*perks of my sister being married to him :-)

no way! roy harper's awesome. your sister is sorta my neighbour, if ~50km counts as neighbours. i think my brother has met her a bunch of times in fact, small world!

today's playlist:

bizarre uproar - viha & kiima
grind madness at the bbc, carcass + bolt thrower sessions
revenge - victory.intolerance.mastery
con-dom - all in good faith
control unit - oto live
v/a - fug gum (chocolate monk comp)
scott walker - bish bosch

Ritual

Anenzephalia "Kaltwelt" LP
Grows for each listen. I was a bit underwhelmed the first time, but I had it on as background music while cooking. Next time I listened more actively, and it did a much stronger impression. Each time, it's sounded better. It is very subtle and contains a lot of small nuances that makes it a very rewarding listening experience.

Anenzephalia "23" tape
Very simple and crude sound, compared to the recent album. Still, has got a lot of charm and it is interesting to hear the early stages of this excellent project. Stupidly overpriced, but at least it is a good tape.

Arktau Eos "Unworeldes" LP
Excellent dark ambient with a distinct occult and ritual approach. Simple structures, but great atmosphere.

Poena "Likboden" tape
The musical influences of this recording are very obvious, but there's no denying the greatness of this material. Nightmarish stuff with ritualistic, occult vibes. Think Metgumbnerbone or some of the Nekrophile stuff. Excellent release from Mr Alfarmania and associate.

Altar Of Flies "The Violent Blow" LP
A solid exhibition of the complex and multi-faceted sound of Altar Of Flies. Mattias is a sound wizard and this material is as enjoyable as it is unsettling. Imaginative compositions of loops, field recordings, effects and concrete sounds.

Enklav s/t LP
Vivenza worship, but with slightly less sterile sounds. Loop based, mechanical, slowly evolving slabs of sound. Very enjoyable!

v/a "Angst" tape
Mixed bag of stuff from four very different artists. Mirrored Hall opens up with some basically unlistenable stuff based on treated insect sounds over silly programmed beats. After that comes Kam Hassah and makes you forgive the horrible start of this tape. Brilliant combination of harsh noise and field recordings. You definitely hear that this is one half of Lettera 22. The flip side opens up with Lebensfaden. Very different from the Lust Vessel tape, which is the only thing I've heard from this project, but very enjoyable in its sterile monotony. Last one out is Arv & Miljö with two tracks. The first one doesn't do much for me, but the final one is a lot more interesting with its weird combination of clean composition and utterly crude, lo-fi sound.

Oorchach "Vigilia" tape
Damn, this tape really floored me! Absolutely fantastic stuff from this Lithuanian artist. Especially the two tracks on the A side with their slow tape loop based rhythms and the unsettling atmosphere that is somehow both serene and nightmarish. Droney ambience transforms slowly into powerful noisy eruptions. Slow, but relentless! The side-long track on the flip side is equally good, but has a slightly too long ambient section in the beginning, before the intensity finally starts to increase. The reward is plentiful, though, in the end. Totally recommended release!

Haare "Forward To Insanity" tape
Haare does what he does best... spooky, noise drone with twisted psychadelic touches. Unsurprisingly good! Always nice with new Haare material, and this tape belongs to the better half.

Bleak Existence

Levas

So I've been listening to these:

Death Squad - Porcelain Fuck Machine
Trucido / Death Squad - 1/4 1/2 noisewar
Death Squad - VX
Death Squad - Shoko Messiah
Death Squad - Sarin
Death Squad - Stammheim
Death Squad - Messiah

What can I say. Most of these discs do have some nice moments, but overall the formula is basically the same - huge amounts of delay and one-layered sound. Be it contact mic, noise generator, synth or so. Trucido was a little more interesting. Well, it's good to get to know these releases of course, but my rate for these still remains low and I start doubting that I'll hear something breath-taking.

The Rita - Eyeliner into Nylon Back Seam
- nice cover! and the sound is rather nice though there are irritating moments. Sam using voice or something like that. It disturbs me a little. Overall - nice.

Coma Detox

Must have been a crazy endeavor releasing 14 Death Squad CD's at once.  I actually wish these were released slowly over a few boxsets with neat packaging, liner notes and pictures and on cassette.  I don't own any of the CD's so I don't know what they look like but one thing with those early Death Squad tapes were the crazy special packaging they came in with razors, exploding powders, wires, blood etc.  They seemed to add something overall to the release itself.  Not to mention all the manifestos he'd write.

Quote from: Levas on January 11, 2013, 08:55:41 PM
So I've been listening to these:

Death Squad - Porcelain Fuck Machine
Trucido / Death Squad - 1/4 1/2 noisewar
Death Squad - VX
Death Squad - Shoko Messiah
Death Squad - Sarin
Death Squad - Stammheim
Death Squad - Messiah

What can I say. Most of these discs do have some nice moments, but overall the formula is basically the same - huge amounts of delay and one-layered sound. Be it contact mic, noise generator, synth or so. Trucido was a little more interesting. Well, it's good to get to know these releases of course, but my rate for these still remains low and I start doubting that I'll hear something breath-taking.

The Rita - Eyeliner into Nylon Back Seam
- nice cover! and the sound is rather nice though there are irritating moments. Sam using voice or something like that. It disturbs me a little. Overall - nice.

Levas

Yeah, I would've wished for some sort of boxset too. All releases are 4 panel digipacks with the main artwork on front, the back is black with the label's info and some of them do have some sort of manifestos inside, others not, etc. Glossy, shiny, golden releases.

bitewerksMTB

"exploding powders"

I remember the deathsquad release in a 8mm film cannister blowing up in my face with white powder.

REVENGE "Scum.Collapse.Eradication" LP- 'feels' like it has a cleaner production than the previous LP & I miss Pete Helmkamp vocal contributions but it's pretty good. The growling reminds me of dogs like VDO.

m.

Asandre - Midgard (Membrum Debile Propaganda) dark ambient by Irikarah. not so impressed
Voluspa / Robert X.Patriot 7" (the Ajna Offensive) Voluspa side project of Maniac (Mayhem). bass/guitar drones + spoken vocals, not good. R X.P multilayered delayed vocals/samples, very good!
K2 - Iron Kulture (Self Abuse) great junk noise
Alfarmania - Halogd Insikt (Autarkeia) great as usual

bitewerksMTB

Voluspa / Robert X.Patriot 7" (the Ajna Offensive) Voluspa side project of Maniac (Mayhem). bass/guitar drones + spoken vocals, not good. R X.P multilayered delayed vocals/samples, very good!

I think I have spares of that, if anyone needs it.

Just listened to:

Antediluvian "Through the Cervix of Hawaah" 2LP

linxtyx

Quote from: Peterson on September 10, 2012, 10:59:58 PM
Fabbrico Incubo "Karkass Operator" C90 - Really, really good industrial/dark ambient from the Steel Sadist Rebirth sublabel of Trash Ritual. I will have to check more of this guy's stuff out as this is really just a foot in the door. Two really long tracks of dark, metallic, ringing mechanical sounds and junk metal sounds. I think this could have been better and more complex at that, but that won't keep me from re-listening.

Talking about TR, is that sub-label officially active? And is the TR active itself?
I am willing to get info from anyone who got into successful contact with Chris in last 3 months (I haven't for almost 6.5-7.5 months).

ghoulson

Bitewerks: first time I heard someone compare Revenge with VDO, two great acts however! I am waiting for cassette version to come out on Satanic Skinhead Propaganda before ordering. Their show in Berlin last year was extremely powerful, but Helmkamp felt like an important part of band and I was surprised to not see him on stage. 

Watched a live video with Negative Climax and it was great stuff... Japan is taking up the torch again it seems.

Recent plays:
v.a. Tapeworks vol VI (best tracks by Orquere, Arv & Miljö, Treriksröset, Vanhala & Amph...)
Amph - Öar under vatten
Anenzephalia - 23
Hedonic Serge - Somatoscopy
Grunt - Dance for the Genocide
Sverige LP

I am very excited to hear the Death Squad CDs - I'll return with some thoughts on them once I receive the set.

Mikerdeath

Quote from: KMusselman on January 14, 2013, 07:54:29 AMMilitant Walls

I am very pleased with all the releases I have from this label.

Now Listening:
VA - Death Odors (Slaughter Productions)

Such an excellent compilation.

whateverforever

Some new Chondritic stuff:

Pure Ground cs -pretty sick dark electro-industrial. New Greh project apparently from the blown out little picture in the j-card.

Bad News cs -like it, pretty much like Wax Trax style with synth punk bass or guitar or whatever. Doesn't really sound like Skinny Puppy as indicated by label.

Present Moment cs -really bad, doesn't sound like Skinny Puppy at all even though billed as such, total gay Depeche Mode, Gary Newman crap although some of the programming is ok.

Levas

Well, I finished listening to Death Squad batch.

Death Squad - Death Textures
Death Squad - Acoustic Isolation
Death Squad - Fuck You
Trucido - Salvation

Last two were the nicest ones. Trucido was somewhat different from the usual sound in these discs and fuck you was also quite varied in sound. 2 discs with the booklet etc. nice.

Singular Cleansweep operations - Final Service
Not a bad disc. Nice, but perhaps I'll have to listen to it few more times. German structured industrial stuff is quite difficult to get from the first listen

Con-Dom - Live in Japan 2003 - Nice and varied live performance. Enjoyed

Baglady

Con-Dom - This Sickness Faith MC
Genocide Organ - Jap album CD rerelease 2012
Haus Arafna - Children Of God CD

Was surprised how good this old Con-Dom recording sounded. Expected alot less. Regret not picking it up earlier (and a bunch of other ones). And the bonus tracks on the latest edition of the GO album easily made it worth getting (unless you're lucky enough to own the 7"s).

Currently waiting for War Against Society 3LP to arrive in the mail. I've read so much praise over that set, my expectations are skyscrapers.