PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyestrain

Slogun Let Me Show You How (Teito Sound Company): F-O-R-E-V-E-R

Ashmonger

Anenzephalia - Kaltwelt (CD, Tesco/Zaetrom): This is good, but seems less special than Noehaem

Custodian - Toil & Waste (CD, Syzmic Records): Good Harsh Noise

Shift - Hatet/Misären (7", Filth&Violence): Sounds somehow like HNW PE or something like that, not bad, but not really decided on it yet.

Sick Seed - Helsingin Synagogat (7", Filth&Violence): I don't know what I'm listening to... Some parts metal junk, some parts noise and then some jazz and or cowboy-like music?! This might or might not grow on me, for the moment I really don't know what to think about it.

ConcreteMascara

True Widow - Circumambulation LP - really enjoying this. Sort of sounds like a Low cover band with a metal mindset. Not much variation, but I think it's better for it.

Chelsea Wolfe - Pain Is Beauty 2xLP - wow. way more produced than anything CW previously did, but it works because the song writing is bigger and more bombastic. this material was very good live too.

Raspberry Bulbs - Deformed Worship LP - only hearing the first demo that RB put out a few years ago, I was not that excited for this LP but it's better than I thought it would be.

Arktau Eos - Ai Ma Ra 2xCD - one of the best dark ambient / drone whatever albums I've ever heard. It's really engaging for active listening, but also good for sleepy times and meditation. This was a bit of an impulse buy but I couldn't  be happier or more surprised.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

algiz

Darkthrone - Transilvanian hunger    For me their best release since the day it was released. A timeless classic which always finds the way back to my ears

online prowler

Any feedback on this one?

Breaking The Will ‎– Normalization.

Bleak Existence

The Rita - Dark Angled Eyebrow

whiteheatnoise

Quote from: online prowler on September 18, 2013, 01:51:17 AM

I highly recommend that as well as the split with Gnawed that recently came out on White Centipede Noise. German Autumn is also great if you can get your hands on it. His live sets from the tour I was on with him in July really took the cake though: http://vimeo.com/70835282

online prowler

Quote from: whiteheatnoise on September 18, 2013, 02:49:32 PM

I highly recommend that as well as the split with Gnawed that recently came out on White Centipede Noise. German Autumn is also great if you can get your hands on it. His live sets from the tour I was on with him in July really took the cake though: http://vimeo.com/70835282

Thanx Whiteheatnoise. Know of soundbites from mentioned albums?

eyestrain

I.R.O.N. Evolving (Rage In Eden): Healthy dose of this album interspersed with readings of Guillaume Faye's "Convergence of Catastrophes"...appropriate. The first piece of strict-synth-based martial muzak that I've enjoyed in many, many years. Play loud!

Grand Belial's Key: All the reissue LPs on Drakkar. Fuck you America rules!

Wolfsmond Der Düsterwaldes Reigen (Nebelfee Klangwerke/Blut & Eisen/W.T.C.): III was great and Tollwut will always be their opus for me, but goddamn if I wasn't overlooking a ton of obvious layers of grandness on this album for all the years I thought it was so-so. Of course that old Absurd sound is hiding in here, albeit in a cryptic way, but how can that be avoided; 2/4 are in Absurd, and the other two are from bands that are certainly fans. Latter portion of the album is indeed so-so, but the rest is a gem of magnificent riffs, UUUHS that remind of Refused in their early days of all things and a wonderful, melancholy darkness. I'm becoming a little fanatical about this album.

Listented to Tattered Syntax Nothing All Day Nothing about 50 times now - one of my favorites this year.

whiteheatnoise

Quote from: online prowler on September 18, 2013, 04:48:24 PM
Quote from: whiteheatnoise on September 18, 2013, 02:49:32 PM

Thanx Whiteheatnoise. Know of soundbites from mentioned albums?

Nothing posted online, you'll just have to take a chance and pick up the tapes! If you like well-constructed dynamic harsh noise you will not regret it.

Ashmonger

Hordak - Empathie (C30, Impure Spirit): got this in a trade, weird stuff, some parts ambient, which are quite nice, one part piano/keyboard which I really liked, and then some more noiselike stuff of which some parts are good and others less interesting. Satanic images in the J-card, but then some parts (like the printed text) make it look like it's not serious. Don't really know what to think.

Deeper Wells (C20, Maniacal Hatred): Nice PE with sparse vocals. Liked his track on the Bestial Forces comp, so I got this tape, definately not a bad idea.

Regosphere/The Vomit Arsonist (7", Phage Tapes): Both Death Industrial acts, Regosphere is nice, but not great, The Vomit Arsonist is always great, though I have to say I like his track on this split more than the one with The Black Scorpio Underground.

Custodian/Pusdrainer (7", Phage Tapes/Dead Pope Productions): Custodian is again nice cold Harsh Noise, while Pusdrainer is hars PE. Good 7"!

andy vomit

Quote from: Ashmonger on September 19, 2013, 10:03:48 PM
I have to say I like his track on this split more than the one with The Black Scorpio Underground.

incidentally, so do i!
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

travis morgan

Inade - Myth Encoded

FreakAnimalFinland

Hordak - Empathie (C30, Impure Spirit): got this in a trade, weird stuff, some parts ambient, which are quite nice, one part piano/keyboard which I really liked, and then some more noiselike stuff of which some parts are good and others less interesting. Satanic images in the J-card, but then some parts (like the printed text) make it look like it's not serious. Don't really know what to think.

Is this the spanish Hordak ? Who also did black metal albums. As kid, I was never into he-man, but when I got copy of this CD for sale, friend of my instantly asked is it really named after THE Hordak - the bad guy from He-Man series. And it was. That could explain why it may not appear as totally serious, hah...

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Ashmonger

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on September 20, 2013, 08:54:51 AM
Is this the spanish Hordak ? Who also did black metal albums. As kid, I was never into he-man, but when I got copy of this CD for sale, friend of my instantly asked is it really named after THE Hordak - the bad guy from He-Man series. And it was. That could explain why it may not appear as totally serious, hah...
No, it's a German one man project. But yeah, the same argument is valid, I guess. Although, if I remember correctly Ogdru Jahad is also some evil comic character and it's a new Danish BM band, which does sound rather serious and utterly dirty. In a way one could reason it's not weirder than having a Tolkien name, but I'd rather take a Tolkien name than one of a comic book though...