Fuzz Pedal Appreciation

Started by jdumpster424, November 24, 2023, 06:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commander15

Quote from: MALAISE57 on May 02, 2024, 10:30:06 AM
Quote from: Commander15 on May 01, 2024, 02:30:25 PM
Quote from: MALAISE57 on March 09, 2024, 04:23:02 PMI find behringer's super fuzz to make my recordings too harsh, especially on the actually "fuzz" settings (both of them.) But i am looking for a softer fuzz, since the super fuzz is a bit too super for me.

You should try some Fuzz Face-variants or maybe Ibanez FZ7? FZ7 is my secret weapon when distorting contact mic signals. It has an good EQ and the damage switch is simply ingenious.

Will look in to that. Another Fuzz i have been looking at is Boss FZ 5, Does anyone have experiences with that pedal? I heard thats also a pedal that isnt that rough for fuzz.

Well i don't know anything else about that FZ5 besides that it is digital. I'd be cautious concerning digital fuzzes because fuzzes essentially belong into analog realm with their "flaws" and inconsistancies.

Stipsi

Dreadbox disorder is a great fuzz with built-in filter.
Totally recommend
North Central
Mademoiselle Bistouri
Daddy's Entertainment.
PERVERT AND PROUD.

moozz

Quote from: Stipsi on May 02, 2024, 08:34:42 PMDreadbox disorder is a great fuzz with built-in filter.
Totally recommend

Seconded! The filter is also great. It really goes from about gazillion hertz to around zero hertz, endless fun!