Voice Crack

Started by Johann, April 03, 2013, 01:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johann

my neighbor lent me 'Earflash' about 7 years ago. it fascinated me, and i soon after i managed to watch a chunk of 'kick the habit'...my ears were pretty undeveloped to  those sounds at the time, and information was pretty limited (i actually think they have the same exact website)...but thats pretty much as far as it got, i returned the borrowed cd (and really can't even remember what it sounded like)

so i was wonderin about recommendations, opinions or other general banter regarding VC

Thanks

also, does anyone know of any availability/existence (files/reissues/bootlegs...etc) of their cassette releases from the late seventies/early eighties?

Zeno Marx

I have a couple LPs and a handful of CDs.  To be honest, I don't think any of them stands out from the others.  Nothing phenomenal, but of good, solid, consistent quality.  I liked what they were doing, so that was good enough for me to be engaged and satisfied with their results.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

dubduboverlord

Fantastic act. The collaborations with Borbetomagus are especially good. There's a 40-minute 1989 film of Voice Crack in action titled Kick That Habit:

http://youtu.be/g4GCYhTLWXo

Also consider checking out poire_z, an occasionally more sedate Voice Crack collaboration with Gunter Muller and various notable guests (Otomo Yoshihide, Christian Marclay, etc.)