Streicher ‎- War Without End cd
Various ‎- Throne 2xcd

dmkerr

Last night's music:

Mudboy - This is Folk Music
Incapacitants - 2 discs from Alchemy Box Is Stupid
Megaptera - You Won't Survive This Nightmare

impulse manslaughter

Just played Guilty Connector - First Noise Attack in my car, great disc!

online prowler

Dusa - S/T
Released by Turmeric Magnitudes, August 2013.

Reissue of release from 2001. Murky territory infused with folk, jazz, orchestrations, choral music, beats and industrial. Two 10 minute compositions. Atmospheric and quietly confrontational. Visions of cold and barren snow-heavy winter woods. Frost smoke from your lips, an axe in your hand. Have to note that even though the release is from 01 it fits the contemporary quite well. Not dated at all.

Graustich - Demo.

Sketches, with gleams of brilliance. Sadly the tape doesn't hold all the way through. Interesting document though,worth a listen. Looking forward to the new material.

Women Of The SS - SS Orgy.SS Bitch.

Toned down and minimal noise / industrial with orchestrations, sparse synth work and spoken word instead of vox. Highly atmospheric. One of my current fav releases. Could this be something for Industrial recollections to reissue I wonder? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IryAlMSE04

BLACK ONE
Best Sunn O))) release. No discussion. Looking forward to the reissue. Might have to pick that on up.

eyestrain

Jason Crumer Walk With Me & Let There Be Crumer (Misanthropic Agenda/Second Layer): Indulging in these while I anticipate the arrival of the new Gentrification Suite CS. Still holding up like a boss. So much focus, no derision. One of those folks that can steal your mood right away and replace it with theirs.

Forest Forest & Заревом Над Прахом (Stellar Winter): These have always been my landmark BM albums of the early 2000's - not all the high-sales, ego-driven acts we all know. Blazebirth Hall contained/contains all the cold, hate and mystery that defines the genre, amplifies it to maximum levels and leaves with that good ol' feel.

Nitberg Nagelreid (Blazebirth Hall): And this is exemplary of experimentation succeeding within the genre. Never see this album discussed - criminal! There's some force in this piece that is nearly untouchable. One of the best releases of the 21st century I can think of.

moozz

Quote from: eyestrain on August 25, 2013, 06:20:56 PM
Nitberg Nagelreid (Blazebirth Hall): And this is exemplary of experimentation succeeding within the genre. Never see this album discussed - criminal! There's some force in this piece that is nearly untouchable. One of the best releases of the 21st century I can think of.
Totally. Especially this part (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_g5kc817hs) is something I can listen to again and again. Fantastic album.

Zeno Marx

VA-La Zona 1988 - Discos Esplendor Geometrico - good, worthy listen - crude here and there - rhythmic here and there - synths here and there - experimentalism as you'd expect from the period - recommended.
Polonio - Acaricia La Manana 1984 - Unio Musics - rudimentary, squiggly synth play that would maybe fall on the bottom end of the Sky Records catalog - feels more like soundtrack edits and often too light.
Polonio - Bload Stations Syntax Error 1987 - Discos Esplendor Geometrico - more of the same like Acaricia La Manana 1984, but tracks like "Aenaoi Nefelai" are enough interesting, or maybe on the inner reach of dark enough, to make it a better album by a hair.
Plasmatics - Maggots: The Record 1987
Hiatus - The Brain (Untitled)/El Sueno De La Razon Produce Monstruos 1997 - I loved From Resignation to Revolt, and I liked El Sueno and most of the EPs quite a bit - I didn't like how The Brain looked, so I never tried it; first time hearing it; don't care for it - another thing is this CD was remastered and not for the better - I remember thinking El Sueno had a great feel to the production; really smooth and fine, but it feels dully and lifeless on the CD here; not cool.
Electro Hippies - The Peaceville Recordings 1989 - just made me want to hear the Peel Session and be done with it.
Hiatus - From Resignation to Revolt 1993 - catchy, guttural songs - great, powerful production - bonus live tracks smoke - their sound defined them and set them apart, and I love it.
Seized - discography & KFJC recording - this band is a lost gem of the 90s - every track smokes - no weakness - heavy and smart.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Dr Alex

The Rita - Lake Depths Lurker cdr
The Rita - Sea Wolf Leviathan cdr
Werewolf Jerusalem - Nightmare Park 3xC20
Werewolf Jerusalem - Confessions Of A Sex Maniac 4xcd

dmkerr

The Haters - Untitled Title Belt
The Caretaker - Theoretically Pure Anterograde Amnesia
Sudden Infant - Ear Wash
Con-Dom - The Eighth Pillar
Sickness - I Have Become The Disease That Made Me

Dr Alex

Bizarre Uproar - Musta Rotta 7"
Brethren - Kingdom Coming 7"
Mania - Grotesque Mirth 7"
Nyodene D ‎- Caged Dog / Common Criminal 7"
Shift / Hal Hutchinson ‎- Full Weight Of The Opposition 10"
Shift / Sick Seed - Split LP
Iron Fist of The Sun - Tears Royal LP

andy vomit

BLOOD OF THE MOON - MMXII CS
CONCRETE MASCARA - excess takes its toll CS
V/A - EPICUREAN ESCAPISM I + II (CS/CD/DVD)
POGAVRANJEN - the void transmission CS
THE RITA/CALIGULA031 - self shop CS
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

RyanWreck

Hey Finns, what does "Perkeleen Vittupaa" mean? Devil...something?

FreakAnimalFinland

in this context more like shouting someone "fucking cuntface"
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Scat-O-Logy

Currently re-listening "First Burning Attraction" by Damien Dubrovnik. At first and even at second listen this album was kind of a let down but this time I really enjoyed it... As they say, third time's the charm. I guess the biggest turn-off for me was the beats since I have noticed growing use of beats, especially among Danish circles and don't like that. Now when I think about it, the beats actually gives this album kind of a Order⁴ feel which is definitely not a bad thing. And synth lines/ambiences on B3 kind of reminds of something Burzum did on their older albums, especially on Hvis Lyset Tar Oss. I know, it's a strange comparison, but comon, check that album and this track and you may notice the similarities.

EDIT: Fuck me in the bum, B2 is only a 1min piece... It's the title track, B3, that has the Burzum feel.

RyanWreck

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on August 28, 2013, 06:32:05 AM
in this context more like shouting someone "fucking cuntface"

Thanks. The guy who said it is a "Finland Swede", and here is the entire quote, if it changes anything :

- in response to someone fucking up code that this guy worked very hard on...
"So it's doubly crap: it's *wrong*, and it didn't actually fix anything to begin with. There aren't enough swear-words in the English language, so now I'll have to call you perkeleen vittupää just to express my disgust and frustration with this crap."