PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emboscado

The Rita - Scorting 3LP.
Worth all of it. Anyway my favorites at first listenings: C031 LP & CONCERN (side B).

Arditi - Standards of triumph
Arditi / Signa Inferre ‎– Statues Of Gods / Invictis Victi Victuri 10"
Anyone about most recent Arditi's LPs? These ones (and all 7"s) are nice... maybe not so good as DB martial-era which for me is the top of this genre since all the hundreds projects which came later were copycats in most of cases... maybe only Triarii being best of newcomers - even with all the I's and sun's plaguing his lyrics, heh

Orplid - Greifenherz CD
Great last album, not sure if it was the final word of this excellent project.
e m b o s c a d o

burdizzo

Dug out a couple of old ones this evening:
Decay of the Angel comp. LP (Grey Wolves, Ramleh, Con-Dom, White Hand, Terre Blanche...)
M.B. - Mectpyo Blut tape (Archival Series)
Ears still ringing from the raw, primitive power!

eyestrain

Boy Dirt Car Winter - F/I Split LP (Lexicon Devil): Ahead of it's time in many ways! This is my first time digging into the group - anyone got any recommendations or tid bits?

Trait Inspirationals (Arbeit Group/Sounds For Consciousness Rape/Industrial Recollections): Like an 80's tape-culture version of an otherwise bland death-industrial album; accidentally, of course. This is some tasty shit - as if Lunde ever disappoints (...much!).

Hands To Nazha (Animist/Manifold): The most beautifully cavernous and cold recordings I've heard in a very long time. I take back what I said earlier and do believe I'll be digging into Jerman's (at least early) catalog.

Hands To Artiment (Big Body Parts/Impulsy Stetoskopu): More variety, more cut-up-ish, but without some of the wonkiness that makes Brume or other similar projects sometimes painful.

Dissecting Table Human Qualification (UPD Org.): A wide range of Ichiro's styles covered here. Actually, I think maybe all of them from the past decade. A very, very varied set of discs. Insanely recommended!

Dissecting Table Twelves Limbs Of Dependent Origination (Psych.KG/UPD Org.): I feel drunk when I listen to any segment of this other immense undertaking. Normally, I wouldn't find much pleasure in a project putting out so many works, but Dissecting Table is always an exception to the rule. Some times I think about listening to the project for all of my 16-20 waking hours in a day to see if I'll be in some sort of LSD-like state by bed time.

Iron Fist Of The Sun Tears Royal (Unrest): Haven't pulled this out for some time. The last two full-lengths have only gotten better over time, but I think this is a bit too traditional in comparison. A really excellent album, but tends to not hold my interest for the whole length. Still, a project holding the limited throne of PE-loves for me.

Cosmic Church Ylistys (Kuunpalvelus): In a sense - a fantastic black metal album. In another sense - just a really great DLP of rehash. Thinking of Paysage D'Hiver, Burzum and a little too much Rahu (without a lot of the gravity that makes the project so damn good). Good. Expensive.

White Medal Blod O T'North Seeur/Yorkshire Steel/Guthmer's Hahl (Legion Blotan): This though...just what I fucking love! Great blend of that classic rehash sound, a faint sense of NSBM (if that's a sound...), and those great, low-end vocals that were missing from the debut(s). Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat...

deathcamp

MANIA - Grim Conditions - Excellent as usual.
PAIN NAIL - Magneettinen Koutalo - Love it, despite the fact that it's different from previous releases, now more into rhythmics and drone elements. Great layout and pictures. 

FreakAnimalFinland

MANIA / HAL HUTCHINSON CD
Phage
Damn! I remember tape was good, but now listening from CD, it appears even better. HEAVY sound. Brutal clatter of metal junk, ultra deep bass frequencies, some vocals, feedback... yes yes, I admit it is like 1+1=2, meaning M+HH = this cd. No surprises, but it is not needed when it is simply good.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

dmkerr

A batch of Hogra 7" - superb!

Working through the 50 disc Merzbow box set.  I'd kind of drifted from Merzbow a bit but so far this set is nothing like what I heard from Merzbow a decade ago.  Really nice but doesn't elevate itself (so far - I've only just begun) to Venerealogy or Pulse Demon levels.

A slew of discs from Grunt and Mauthausen Orchestra, two artists to add to my "Get All You Can Find!" list.

ConcreteMascara

Gnaw - Horrible Chamber LP, This Face LP - saw Gnaw last night open for Pelican of all bands. Their performance was great, especially when the guitar player used some type of homemade string instrument with springs and such. Not quite as awesome as when I saw them at Apex Fest, but still very enjoyable. Digging the new album, and re-listening to their first.

Khanate - Thing Viral CD, Clean Hands Go Foul LP, S/T CD - but as good as Gnaw is it had me reaching for my Khanate albums. In my opinion Khanate stands as the greatest of all the bands Stephen O'Malley has been in, are anyone else in the band for that matter.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

eyestrain

Pogrom Degančios Suros, C64 (Unrest Prod.): Would appeal to the F&V lovers out there'd I'd say...played like a low-end, but just as lo-fi Xenophobic Ejaculation. Very well done, just not in my league of pleasures.

Helm Silencer (Pan): As riveting as all Younger's previous works. A lot of similar moments to Impossible Symmetry, but there was definitely more rhythm work going on - hand drums, I think.

Trait Acephalia (N4300 W8752): Less moody than Inspirationals. Moreso, this is just in your fucking face. Lovely.

Eric Lunde How Close One Is To The Center... (TraitMediaWorks): All the madness and variety of any Lunde album, without getting too weird.

Mlehst This Pain Does Not Belong To Me (Self Abuse): A real clusterfuck (in a good way) of styles and atmospheres. A little dark ambient, a little electro-acoustic, a little harsh. It's all over the place - i.e., it demands your attention - and will reward you greatly.

Crawl Unit Stop Listening (Ground Fault Rec.): Shit, this is awesome.

Crawl Unit Everyone Gets What They Deserve (Crippled Intellect Prod.): More drone, but ditto to the above.

Joe Colley Lonely Microphone (Senufo Editions): And once again, but like a molding of the Crawl Unit works, mixed with some Brume-esque moments.

Der Stürmer A Banner Greater Than Death/Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum (Deathrune/Death Squad): Listening in anticipation of the new EPs arriving. If you love 'em - they never dissapoint!

andy vomit

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on November 04, 2013, 10:46:54 PMIn my opinion Khanate stands as the greatest of all the bands Stephen O'Malley has been in, are anyone else in the band for that matter.

no argument there.  "things viral" is one of the heaviest records i've ever heard..
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

HOGRA

Quote from: andy vomit on November 05, 2013, 02:03:43 AM
Quote from: ConcreteMascara on November 04, 2013, 10:46:54 PMIn my opinion Khanate stands as the greatest of all the bands Stephen O'Malley has been in, are anyone else in the band for that matter.

no argument there.  "things viral" is one of the heaviest records i've ever heard..

I like KTL, myself. Although, I do prefer Khanate over SunnO)))...

Dr Alex

Quote from: HOGRA on November 05, 2013, 12:20:31 PM
Quote from: andy vomit on November 05, 2013, 02:03:43 AM

I like KTL, myself. Although, I do prefer Khanate over SunnO)))...

First Khanate album is best thing that O'Malley done! Absolute raw and heavy power!

FreakAnimalFinland

Kinit Her ‎– Divine Names tape
Huh! I don't know why I have this weird mix up about Kinit Her and Cremation Lily. Bands have hardly anything in common. Country, style, or whatever. And I should know. But still, occasionally, like today. Thinking while listening this, why Harbinger Sound release this band?! And reply is of course: He hasn't.
So when Kinit Her brought me blurry and echoing neo-folk and experimental droning electronics and excellent use of strings and other normal instruments, it reminded me that perhaps it's time to abandon all sorts of bigger neo-folk heroes kind of jaded sounding new works, as much more apocalyptic, sonically interesting stuff is out there. Even those who normally are bored with man+guitar projects, will find much much more here.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

online prowler

New Pogrom tape.

A conceptual work exploring contemporary Europe through the obsessive gaze of power electronics. Singular and repetitive scores for the end times with a murky attitude. Minimal compositions. Muddy oppressive recordings with focus on low and mid level frequency range. Heavy synth abuse, atmospheric and committed vocals, feedback junk worship plus samples.

Release grows for every play. Pick it up via UNREST!

HOGRA

GRUNT "Recycled" tape
CLANG QUARTET "Recycled" tape
MUTANT APE "Recycled" tape
I AM SEA MONSTER "Recycled" tape
ZONE NORD "Recycled" tape
GROM, COUNT THE DEAD Vol.1 tape (various artists)
SLOTH "La Policia" tape

eyestrain

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 05, 2013, 07:30:58 PM
Kinit Her ‎– Divine Names tape
...perhaps it's time to abandon all sorts of bigger neo-folk heroes kind of jaded sounding new works, as much more apocalyptic, sonically interesting stuff is out there....

The band, or just about, in my sphere. Maybe they'll receive the recognition they deserve in the future, but that clearly isn't their goal to meet. This, for me, beats all the geriatric bar-chord neo(-hippie)-folk music out there. Just a personal opinion. Also, I think it needs to be acknowledged that these are two American boys. Fantastic stuff. Storm Of Radiance (as well as Wreathes) are legendary in my personal universe. Two albums that will never lose their spark. There's only a few other albums I've ever heard that contain that starstuff that melts my mind like those do.

Merkstave Merkstave (Pesanta Urfolk): The most stellar and crushing piece of (funeral) doom I've heard in a few years? Coming from a genre that seems to have run its course in the last half-decade, this is a hallmark slab of wax. These are redux renditions from their otherwise too-long demo tapes. From the same gents, I believe, that also put out the Hell albums on Pesanta/Eternal Warfare. That never whet my whistle anything like this. Can't recommend it enough!

Burial Hex Six Wings TAPES (Nostilevo): Managed to score these from a user here a few months back. After several listens, I wonder why this wasn't the vinyl-pressed version "Six Wings"? It trumps the vinyl output, which was also excellent. You see all facets of the Ruby-verse, aside from the recent quasi-techno works. You've got cthonic drone industrial, piano pieces, deranged vocal assaults, etc.  Two really killer tapes that hopefully won't be abandoned by Nostilevo while they press sub-par ____wave muzak.

PHBTK Verfall/Melachoir (Cathartic Process): As old and cold as I like it.

Many repeated plays of Hheva Drenched In The Mist Of Sleep, Crawl Unit Stop Listening and Hands To Nazha.