Consumer Guide book

Started by HongKongGoolagong, February 20, 2016, 02:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HongKongGoolagong

The first book to be published by Tegenaria Press will be Consumer Guide by Simon Morris and should be available to purchase in February 2016.
Simon is best known as the founder and frontman of The Ceramic Hobs and has been a key and respected figure within the mental health survivor movement and 'psychiatric underground' for many years.
Consumer Guide is a combination of life story, a tribute to dead friends and an eclectic mix of cultural (and culinary) reviews.
The book will be available in a strictly limited hardback edition of 100 hand numbered copies, 176 pages with typesetting/design by Bracketpress and the dust jacket will feature a text by Philip Best of Consumer Electronics, written especially for this edition.

This is not your average book, written by not your average person.

"Shipping starts next week. There is no plan for a second edition, e-book version or kindle amazon tie-in or film script or community arts funding – you can call it a kind of clandestine integrity if you wish.
The first 30 pages 'Mergers' is the heart of the book – you may not believe I lived it, I can barely believe I wrote it. Pages 33 to 167 'Acquisitions' features essays and profane outbursts on music ranging from Art Garfunkel to The Grey Wolves, on cinema, on fast food, on alcohol, on love, on literature. The short accompanying text from Dr Best 'kith and kin' should speak for itself.
It is a quality product, beautifully designed, and no false modesty – I think it's a pretty good book. Satisfy your depraved bibliophiliac lust while you can, dear libertines"

https://tegenariapress.wordpress.com/2016/02/18/prices/

HongKongGoolagong

Steve

Picking mine up from the sorting office today!