Seen and not seen's, recommendations and queries on top films in general.

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 29, 2009, 06:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitewerksMTB

I have The Yakuza Papers dvd box but found the bd really cheap on eBay. If I find the other 3 films as cheap, I'll sell the dvd set to a friend. It'll free up quite a bit of shelf space.

The Italian film, Wild Beasts, comes out on Severin next week so I'll probably order it along with Don't Answer the Phone. I've never seen W.B. & I'm a fan of 'animal attack' films.

hkso

Wild Beasts is a classic one. Used to have it on dutch x-rental.

This is something that some people here would probably appreciate. I liked it a lot.

WE ARE THE FLESH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UNcpItRTdg
http://variety.com/2016/film/reviews/we-are-the-flesh-review-1201702524/

Deadpriest

Just saw Angst I assume everyone else has seen this amazing film.
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

cr

Yes indeed, Angst is an amazing film.

Just watched High Tension. Philippe Nahon is great, as always!

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: cr on February 04, 2017, 07:16:17 PM
Just watched High Tension. Philippe Nahon is great, as always!

I fucking hated that movie. Heard so many good things and was extremely disappointed when I watched it a year or two ago.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

bitewerksMTB

Haute Tension is  a 'like it or really, really hate it' type film; I like it. It's dumb fun. I love the scene of him dropping the head out of the van window & the head-crushing on the staircase. I think when it originally came out on UK dvd, a lot of people HATED the ending. I saw it the first time in the theater, completely alone.

I watched Phantasm the other night. The new Blu  has  newly created, awful artwork and there isn't much in the way of extras. The remastered film does look quite nice & I don't believe there is another American horror film quite like it.  The soundtrack is excellent & seems to have influenced the music of a number of Italian films. Recommended. "You Play a good game, boy."

Earlier today, I watched "Hell come to town" in High Plains Drifter.

aububs

i thought haute tensions was ok except for that bit in the middle with the Muse song playing was pretty lame.

can't really remember much about the movie except for the twist. no recollection of head dropping or head crushing.

i watched the new Ring sequel called Rings. it's garbage.

i have Arrebato to watch next which sounds interesting. it's a spanish movie from 1979:

QuoteA low budget horror filmmaker gets in touch with an eccentric who is trying to film his consciousness during drug abuse.

cr

I've seen Arrebato some time ago and I remember liking it a lot.

Re: Haute Tension. It's as it was mentioned above - dumb fun, but very good for lazy afternoon entertainment. Though I can see why it could be disappointing, if you had high expectations.

ANDROPHILIA

hey haute tensionis a great movie. high moment for the french horror,
better than movies like Frontiers
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

ANDROPHILIA

LOL
Harry Potter skimhead in IMPERIUM

i don't know... someone have watched this?
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

Hakaristi

Hilarious ZOG propaganda. Attempts to deliver the message that "White Supremacists Are A Major Domestic Terrorist Threat" by transporting the groups of the 1990s into the current climate and pushing the agenda of ISIS apologist ex-FBI agent Mike German, on whos experience it's based (undercover agitator with various WP orgs in the 90s). Don't worry about Islam silly goyim, McVeigh and Roof are the real threat... but it can be enjoyed on a surface level for the visuals and doco footage spliced in, there was an amusing character who's clearly intended to be a Jared Taylor/David Duke type. Heil Stormtrooper 88 Potter!

ANDROPHILIA

Quote from: Sadomaniac on February 06, 2017, 12:16:08 AM
Hilarious ZOG propaganda. Attempts to deliver the message that "White Supremacists Are A Major Domestic Terrorist Threat" by transporting the groups of the 1990s into the current climate and pushing the agenda of ISIS apologist ex-FBI agent Mike German, on whos experience it's based (undercover agitator with various WP orgs in the 90s). Don't worry about Islam silly goyim, McVeigh and Roof are the real threat... but it can be enjoyed on a surface level for the visuals and doco footage spliced in, there was an amusing character who's clearly intended to be a Jared Taylor/David Duke type. Heil Stormtrooper 88 Potter!
LOL

anyway mr Harry Potter is quite believable as skinhead
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

a_2_g_2

I agree with what Sadomaniac said.

Hakaristi

Quote from: theotherjohn on February 06, 2017, 02:38:15 AMNot sure quite why he thought it was a good role to play, more so for being Jewish himself in real life.

But that's precisely why. He wanted to bring awareness to the scourge of neo-Nazism and rampant anti-Semitism that's arisen in the wake of Brexit & Trump. Oy vey!

bitewerksMTB

Super Bowl viewing:

Beautiful Boy- Hollywood drama about a married couple dealing with their 'beautiful boy' after he shoots up his college.

Predator- mid '80s classic with blood sport human hunting alien with  cultural appropriated  dreadlocks.