David R/Brethren etc. ?

Started by l.b., January 31, 2014, 10:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaaoskultti

While I do enjoy Savage Inequalities, I definitely prefer Alienated and Radicalized over that one. Both for excellent handling of structured Noise assaults, and a plethora of sharp, violent lyrics. The sample to "Dawn of Deception" epitomizes the spirit of Brethen's music I fathom.
ZOB ZYGGLAN - Brazilian Power Electronics - https://zobzygglan.bandcamp.com/album/zob-zygglan

burdizzo1

The track "Not For You" from Savage Inequalities is a stand-out - it 'rocks', as they say! Could nearly be a dancefloor hit! Fished out the Revolutionary Command LP last night, too. Not as full-on as Brethren, but the seething restraint is extremely effective.

Hakaristi

Definitely prefer Savage Inequalities, so many hits! But that intro sample to Dawn of Deception is indeed rousing and sums up the spirit of the times perfectly. Taken from the classic film Network (1976).

Recall him championing the likes of Kevin MacDonald and Jared Taylor early on too... think it was Degenernate zine where he listed some recommended reading, which inspired me to hunt down The Culture of Critique and other such wrongthink titles. Great project.

Commander15

Quote from: Bigsby on May 11, 2024, 01:35:42 AMGot it. But I do think the true trolling in this thread is found in things like "there's more to nazis than your narrow generalization" or "we are missing the chance to talk about the impact this has had on the world"

LOL.

Anyway, nice to hear that Brethren releases are available as tapes when asked. I should get hold of the these because everything i have heard from Brethren were pretty powerful stuff.

Cranial Blast

There was also that really good Brethren track, Zionist Axiom on the Audial Decimation Vol. 1, which all around was quite a great compilation by everyone who was on it. It's too bad there wasn't a Vol. 2!

BlackCavendish

Quote from: Kaaoskultti on May 11, 2024, 04:24:00 AMWhile I do enjoy Savage Inequalities, I definitely prefer Alienated and Radicalized over that one.

I second that. By the way this thread made my go through his discography again and "Alienated and Radicalized" still sounds amazing, all the tracks are solid, the pounding textures in the background and the vocals works perfectly together.

Quote from: Hakaristi on May 11, 2024, 11:17:22 AMRecall him championing the likes of Kevin MacDonald and Jared Taylor early on too... think it was Degenernate zine where he listed some recommended reading, which inspired me to hunt down The Culture of Critique and other such wrongthink titles. Great project.

Didn't know that but it's interesting how sometimes we come across recurring topics following completely different paths. I found out about Kevin MacDonald and The Culture Of Critique reading a Sigrblot interview back in the days.