Out now!!! 039 MINOY - "Treatment Resistant / The Year Of The Dog" 2 x cassette

Started by ImpulsyStetoskopu, November 06, 2013, 09:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImpulsyStetoskopu

IMPULSY STETOSKOPU would like to inform about new release:

039 MINOY - "Treatment Resistant / The Year Of The Dog" 2 x cassette C-60, limited edition of 100 copies. Double side box with a cover made of aluminum foil and printed transparency. Only trade for people who make or release independent music!!! Fuck money!!!

Treatment Resistant 1993 (unreleased)
"Simply put, this is one of the best noise-drone albums Minoy ever did! it is minimalist but always fluxing, always superb. Original album finished on Apr. 23, 1993. "Treatment Resistant" is an allusion to the mental illness he was experiencing (bi-polar, near schizophrenia), the drugs start to have less impact and another path must be taken, medically, to deal with the illness. he had already given up all his activities with Minoy Cassetteworks by 1992 and this has never been heard, to my knowledge, by anyone except you and i. a powerful work, especially when combined with:
The Year Of The Dog 1994 (unreleased)
this is the final Minoy recording ever made, finished on March 27, 1994 (almost a full year after the other recording). To the best of my knowledge, after going through the archive, there are no other recordings from 1994, this is the only one. again, it is a minimalist noise-drone vein of recording. it will work very well with "Treatment Resistant". It's also one of the best, most cohesive late period works of his."
-Phillip B. Klingler (aka PBK)

eyestrain

Anyone getting this? Would love to hear it! Always enjoyed the Minoy I've heard