Beaten up, because of your project?

Started by SNR, June 14, 2013, 01:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SNR

Sorry, to start this topic, just curious! Have you ever been beaten up because of your noise / P.E. project? Today, I got... In a  nearly park, in the capital city, Budapest.. guys known that I am making Halalnihil (hungarian P.E. / noise project with extremely intense lyrics) , and start to hunt me, than took my phone, money, and beaten up my head really hard... even if I was in a hardly defense mood.. just curious, if any P.E./ Noise artist ever got similar accident in the past? [sorry for the mediocre english, or the wrong topic..]

HongKongGoolagong

Not for PE, but through my obnoxious atonal punk/psych band I've been in a physical fight with an audience member who didn't like us mid-set which erupted into a near-riot with most of the people present launching in (great fun) and had many incoherent stand-offs with angry venue owners and PA guys (not great fun).

Smell & Quim, noise/PE, well the trouble we've made in live performances over the years has been an intrinsic part of the show I think, it becomes part of the art. The aggression and confrontation to be honest has usually come from S&Q, not from audiences.

SNR, sounds like these Budapest thugs are just assholes looking for any excuse for an easy 'fight' where it's several onto one and sorry to hear that. Write an album about them!

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: SNR on June 14, 2013, 01:11:05 AMbeaten up my head really hard

That sounds serious. Hope your injuries heal in time. Regardless of their intentions, they're just gutless thugs. I fucking hate dogs like that. Sorry to read you've had such troubles and I hope you're able to get past it soon.
Shikata ga nai.

SNR

Thanks, my right arm is also a little bit useless now... but my physical pain is not that much thing, I am fucking angry because of the phone, and the money, what was been collected to an upcoming release... but now, need to buy new phone, instead of making physical stuff. Fuck this. I will make even more filthy shit in the future, because of this, and my small tolerance to people like those cocksuckers had goes away now.

Ah, just  the reason because those cunts beaten up me.. it was beacuse of this release: http://www.special-interests.net/forum/index.php?topic=2768.0 (there is a picture in the bottom of my edition)

tiny_tove

Things were frisky in the 90's in Italy. I had gig cancelled, people shoutimg and throwing stuff, been hassled, confronted, stalked on line and attacked but until now never got beaten ! But i may be less lucky next time since i am getting old and nerdy.

CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: SNR on June 14, 2013, 07:35:10 AMit was beacuse of this release: http://www.special-interests.net/forum/index.php?topic=2768.0 (there is a picture in the bottom of my edition)

Really?! That's pretty remarkable. I remember reading that announcement and thinking it was quite a funny title.
Shikata ga nai.

acsenger

It's shocking that people would actually harm someone for their music/lyrics, however extreme they may be. SNR, do you know the people who did this? Or do you have a rough idea?
Ez hol történt Pesten amúgy? Gázos környéken?

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: SNR on June 14, 2013, 01:11:05 AM
guys known that I am making Halalnihil (hungarian P.E. / noise project with extremely intense lyrics) , and start to hunt me, than took my phone, money, and beaten up my head really hard...

Are you sured that your music was reason? Did they tell you about that?
I think that interaction between artist versus audience isn't anything strange...Every artist should feel responsability for his music (art etc.), not only for exciting, good vibrations, but those negative too... especially when he uses controversary icons, topics and so on...

FreakAnimalFinland

I think it's good that people are responsible for the work. Not that I expect artists to be beaten up, but I think it would be foolish to hide under "freedom of speech" or "artistic freedom" if material one produces is bound to create reactions in people who come across such material. Many of the modern world simply operate online and expect that offenses stay there, outside the "real world". Of course witch-hunt of artists would be stupid, but I think good reminder that sometimes provocations may have consequence.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

SNR

This was not a gig/audience like stuff, I only saw them once, and talk some about my music, because I've never got problem because of that, so I was like 'why not?' or hide anything - both web, or in the "real world".

I think they more looked after it, I mean, my lyrics and stuff, and the rest is now history. I just heard that one of them shouted to me 'That 'Megbaszni Minden Rákos Embert A Földön' crap shit, yeaaaa???' than beated me down, and they started to kick the shit out of me... It's easy to beat up somebody when it's a three-against-one thing, and attack you in the back! Maybe extreme sound/lyrics, but, I mean, come on.. the picture in the booklet is photoshopped, not a real child BBC bukkake picture.. I could insert a similar real one, but not want to mess with laws - period... but yeah, even a 'fake' picture like this can give aggression, to some people. Even If they do similar stuff, just it's more acceptable regionally, or by their friends.. and about the title: why not imagine/write about something like that? No limits for me.

So, go on, the violence is no problem.. my problem is, that these are the most hypocritical idiots. Beat up somebody because of an intense lyrics/picture, then go home, and beat their girlfriend, mother, do drugs, then go to burglary, stole stuff, rape children... be honest, I don't care about their own misery, or deeds, just don't get so angry, because they are not better, than me.
In fact, worst, because at least I still proudly say the thing 'that's my work!'

My problem was their method, and the loss of the items. So, I accept their reaction to not like my stuff, but please, let be a one-against-one sober daytime fight, not that sly scumness.

acsenger: A Bikás-dombnál, a budai részen. Közepesen gázos, de általában nem szokott gond lenni..

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: SNR on June 14, 2013, 10:57:35 AM
So, go on, the violence is no problem.. my problem is, that these are to most hypocritical idiots. Beat up somebody because of an intense lyrics/picture, then go home, and beat their girlfriend, mother, do drugs, then go to burglary, stole stuff, rape children... be honest,
In fact, worst, because at least I still proudly say the thing 'that's my work!'

Would  you like to change their hypocrisy? Do you care about their beaten mothers, girlfriends etc? You say about their hypocrisy, and what about yours? What do you do after finished controversary music? Is your everyday life the same as your music, lyrics? I don't know your music (lyrics) but I consider that your art is against something ... And my question is: what is this "something" in your private life? How important is this "something" in your ordinary life?

SNR

Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on June 14, 2013, 11:13:44 AM
Quote from: SNR on June 14, 2013, 10:57:35 AM
So, go on, the violence is no problem.. my problem is, that these are to most hypocritical idiots. Beat up somebody because of an intense lyrics/picture, then go home, and beat their girlfriend, mother, do drugs, then go to burglary, stole stuff, rape children... be honest,

Would  you like to change their hypocrisy? Do you care about their beaten mothers, girlfriends etc? You say about their hypocrisy, and what about yours? What do you do after finished controversary music? Is your everyday life the same as your music, lyrics? I don't know your music (lyrics) but I consider that your art is against something ... And my question is: what is this "something" in your private life? How important is this "something" in your ordinary life?

I don't care about them, it's not my business, just saying their things... I am not hypocritical, because I shows my good things, and bad things too. It's various, music making/writing lyrics is really my main thing about freetime.. maybe watch videos/movies (rare) or drink something, but only after the writing/recording - I am always sober when I record/write stuff. If my everyday life was the same as my lyrics, in think I was in a jail for a lifetime, so, it's not that possible. It's on many levels... I think there are some, what I don't even know. The lyrics have a simple concept: no limits about situations with gender, race, age, sexuality, etc:... though some of them are out-of-topic, and they are about me, most of my lyrics are about these 'limitless' things. Don't want to talk that much about this, because it's long, and could go further than this topic, but also a thing that I am pretty enjoying to write fucked up things like these, because I could barely seen any similar ones, in my country/language. This place is boring about music like that. So, it's also have some space-filler purpose, to create the most intense electronic sound, and lyrical content, regionally (Hungary). This project is very important, and I think I will do it till death, maybe. Not much thing I've got beside that.. well, in a nutshell, that's all maybe.

Andrew McIntosh

Fuckwits don't need a reason to be fuckwits, and I think that's your real problem mate. You just encountered fuckwits. Probably best not to try and work out their reasoning, it makes no difference to your head, arm and stolen goods. Not trying to be glib, just trying to help.
Shikata ga nai.

tiny_tove

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on June 14, 2013, 10:26:36 AM
I think it's good that people are responsible for the work. Not that I expect artists to be beaten up, but I think it would be foolish to hide under "freedom of speech" or "artistic freedom" if material one produces is bound to create reactions in people who come across such material. Many of the modern world simply operate online and expect that offenses stay there, outside the "real world". Of course witch-hunt of artists would be stupid, but I think good reminder that sometimes provocations may have consequence.

totally agree.
if you want to say/show something that is controversial (even if it does not represent your thought) you cannot expect people to always like it.
there are many people that fill their lives by hunting things they don't like or they are against, and their hysteria is NEVER gona help them to read between lines.
This happens in the outside world, but more often in the "underground" that is most of the time an extremised caricature of what happens outside the getto.

Never complain, no regrets, just learn to either explain yourself properly, run or fight back in full-force making sure the don't come back (or they madly fall in in love with you and would pay for more).
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

ironfistofthesun

If your going to release a album about raping people who have cancer, and include artwork of ill children and wanking cocks and expect normal folk to "get it" your insane!!!
You cant hide behind the "transgressive art" shield, that wont protect you against a gang of family men/football thugs who stumble across your work!! You would get the same treatment in the uk too, maybe worse!!
The real problem is you couldn't do nothing to defend yourself against them,and just gave all your contents of your pockets??. You alas are going to have to own your feelings!

..one good thing you got a little closer to your subject matter, the whole thing  must of made you feel like a frightened ill child!