PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitewerksMTB

IMPETUOUS RITUAL Lp on Blood Harvest- long title I didn't memorize. band name/title only appears on the spine & credits of the lyric sheet. Chaotic death metal with one or more members from Portal. much more interesting than Portal too! blast beats, sick vocals, dirgy bass, nasty solos but has that Portal guitar tone & their style/sound but with additional chaos.

RG

Quote from: Matthias on December 22, 2011, 10:38:36 AMWhite Eye Of Winter Watching 2xTape (Hospital)
Not a big fan of compilations, and this one is almost too much with close to 4 hours over 2 cassettes!

I like compilations, great way to discover new projects, but it's the only time I prefer CDs. I've always been a "listen to the whole release, beginning to end" kind of guy so vinyl and tapes are great for me, but for compilations it's different and it's nice to be able to skip around easily.  So ya, I've been a little hesitant to order this one. Looks promising though.

bitewerksMTB

SCHRAMM sndtrk
RITUAL NECROMANCY oath of the abyss- absolutely killer death metal! LP on Parasitic soon, i think.
CULTES DES GHOULES spectres over transylvania
new MANIA track untitled collab with Hal Hutchinson on bass- no idea if it'll be used for anything

FreakAnimalFinland

Encephalophonic "chronicity of a disease" tape
Self Abuse
Great stuff. Again, referring for Pain Jerk, Sickness, Kazumoto Endo, maybe slightly to few moments of 91-93 era Merzbow. It is the Italian guy who has taken the flag of 90's style jap harsh noise, and been doing it all the time increasingly better! Perhaps also tape format fits this well, since sound appears to be one of his best. It's sharp, fast, fierce. Very distinctive and solid movements, no blur of layers or such. Perhaps upcoming (?) 7" is still better, yet not sure when it would be done and by who. Advance material was simply brilliant - yet short.

Edward Sol "Provocative Manner" tape
Quasi pop
Hey, so here's artist doing stuff with his own name, ltd 45 copies tape, with mexican masked wrestlers on cover. It's easy for me to say "sorry, no chance". But, to hell with prejudices - This can be one of the best tapes I have listened recently! Such a rich textures of experimental noise works. It's not harsh, but more like sound collage of tapes, noises, electronics, where everything is going somewhere and Edward ain't afraid to approach things with open scale. There are lots of physical sounds, lots of active sound manipulation, but also loops, extensive effects, yet also insertions of musical elements, spoken word, and whatever. He doesn't appear to care about narrow or stubborn approach, but combine digital and analogue, combine noise with all sorts of sounds. And as result, it's pretty much journey through tape without knowing what will be coming next. Not always THE BEST, but I would assume if THIS is what he felt like giving out as tape of this small edition, what he might be doing for album? I'm curious!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

bogskaggmannen

Amon Düül II "Carnival in Babylon" LP (a-side is absolutely tops)
Justin Meyers "Resonating upon harmonic ground" ONE-SIDED LP (good minimal academic work, still I wonder why one-sided vinyls are done, if putting up the economy making a vinyl why not make it a full length album instead?)

RyanWreck

Ordered Exorcist's Nightmare Theatre from Amazon like 2 months ago and forgot about that and just received it yesterday. I love this album. Essential "evil speed metal" only overtaken by Onslaught's first two.

RyanWreck

Now I've been on a huge Thrash kick. Fell asleep listening to the latest Vektor album, Outer Isolation. The highest quality Progressive Thrash Metal. If you like old Sadus, Voivod, Sacrifice (Can) and Toxik then you would love this. Rasp Black Metal style vocals but very well done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc1s_GxMBoM&feature=related

Toxik - Think This. Vastly underrated band doing classic prog/technical Thrash Metal with standard 80's NWOBHM styled vocals. Riffs and solos all day long.

Ravage - The End of Tomorrow. New Heavy/Speed Metal that has a nice old sound reminds me a bit of Cobra or Enforcer's Into the Night record, not for everybody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvbpt00vFus&feature=related

FreakAnimalFinland

Alleypisser "savn" 7"
very good stuff. Lo-fi tape loops and recordings of physical sounds. Very abstract and kind of "unfinished" feel, yet brilliant.

Unclean -new tape
Follow up to F&V tape already done, but waiting release for other Finnish label. It was no more surprise that new good band kind of appears out of nowhere, so that element has been taken out. But it continues solid and strong with total gutter PE, with mostly instrumental (with samples). Some cliche/traditional topics could be refreshed a bit more, but not bad...
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

FYA

Quote from: P-K on December 07, 2011, 11:13:03 AM
checking out last package from FA :

Cloama lp ...this is different, will need more rotations. also very thick sound. i'm 100% shure it will grow on me :-)

Side A its GREAT, personally i would prefer a continuation to that rather than a live set on side B.

Tenebracid

vagina dentata organ - the perpignan killings always come back to this when i feel like listening to the great jordi valls. definetly his more "musical" and listenable work, mixing the sounds of all first four conceptual albums (hashasins, cold meat, jim jones and calanda) in a beautiful and surreal collage.

bladder flask - one day i was so sad... a fucking gem. musique concrete by p & r rupenus.

Ashley Choke

Hatred / Demons - Split

Hatred side is nothing special, but the Demons side is beyond fantastic, again one of those projects who could probably have a much larger following (in Europe?) if it wasn't for name and graphics. Mesmerizing, dark and psychedelic synth industrial electronics

Mattias G

Quote from: KHH on January 02, 2012, 11:49:13 AM
Hatred / Demons - Split

Hatred side is nothing special, but the Demons side is beyond fantastic, again one of those projects who could probably have a much larger following (in Europe?) if it wasn't for name and graphics. Mesmerizing, dark and psychedelic synth industrial electronics

A good one for sure. Haven´t listened to it for a while but i remember a thread about that the labels are switched. Demons is Hatred and vice verse. http://chondriticsound.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17783&hilit=hatred+demons

MT

Lebensfaden - Besessensheit tape

Probably the best tape of 2011?? Great brooding atmosphere, sinister and filthy. Fucking amazing, the hail Japs!

Ashley Choke

Quote from: Mattias G on January 02, 2012, 04:51:35 PM
Quote from: KHH on January 02, 2012, 11:49:13 AM
Hatred / Demons - Split

A good one for sure. Haven´t listened to it for a while but i remember a thread about that the labels are switched. Demons is Hatred and vice verse. http://chondriticsound.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17783&hilit=hatred+demons

I have the tape version, but yes the LP labels is switched, noticed that when I gave it to my friend Kaare as a birthday present recently

RG

Quote from: MT on January 02, 2012, 07:57:27 PM
Lebensfaden - Besessensheit tape

Probably the best tape of 2011?? Great brooding atmosphere, sinister and filthy. Fucking amazing, the hail Japs!

Ya, all those Lebensfaden releases are pretty good. Very impressive for an unknown project to come out of nowhere and deliver four solid tapes. My only (minor) gripe is that they were sold at the same price as the other new LV releases, but half the length. Besessenheit and Reinheit were advertised as "companions" to one another, so why not just put them on one c60 instead of splitting them up?

God Blast America! DVD - Got this a while ago but didn't start watching until recently. I've only watched like 1/3 of it, there's almost 4 hours of footage! I got the "grocery sack" edition, big woop.

I've been listening to a lot of my old Norwegian BM records lately...Immortal, Enslaved, Burzum, Darkthrone...it's amazing how much great music came out of that country (or even just Bergen) in the 90s.