PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaakko V.

Quote from: KHH on January 18, 2012, 10:55:46 AMAltar Of Flies - Eremiten
My only exposure to this project of dare I say like-minded individual. Could do without the typical Swedish melodic noodling but overall this is superbly composed and a really interesting listen. Need to check out more of Mattias output.

Altar of Flies 'Let New Life Rise in the Face of Death' is superb. Get that. Been listening to that one a lot lately...

Ernpe

Sewer Election - Sex/Death cd

Well, some Swedish stuff with obviously no melodic noodling included. I've been listening quite much only to harsh noise last few days, finding some recent stuff like new BU album quite not-enterteining at home (sic!) but this is along some of the best stuff I've come up with. First and last track very intense harsh noise with lots of everything happening, every enjoyable thoughout. Second track is more laid back, though.
Noise & other underground reviews in Finnish: http://box-is-record.tumblr.com/

moozz

Quote from: RyanWreck on January 18, 2012, 06:06:49 PM
Quote from: GWNBF on January 18, 2012, 09:38:57 AM
I've always felt the blown-up jpeg is the rough xerox of "our generation."

Internet printouts altogether, really. The first Golden Rain tape on F&V was successful and pretty cool looking, besides that I really dislike this style.
The cover art of the Golden Rain tape Praise The Whore looks very much like it is not a pixelated online jpeg but art by Jukka Siikala. He paints these pixels/digital noise into some of his work.

Ashley Choke

Quote from: Järtecknet on January 18, 2012, 08:44:17 PM
compared to what? contemporary danish acts? in denmark i think its dominant melodic synths on a majority of the noise/industrial releases. perhaps you´re talking about personal references rather than any typical swedish noodling. perhaps it should be called typical danish noodling? ;)

They learned it from you guys, haha. Will have to check the other AoF release recommended here asap

Now listening:

Streicher - Ironclad/Bulldog Breed
Don't care to much for the Bulldog Breed tracks, in the end I feel the retarded vocals becomes too much. But the Ironclad tracks are so fucking good, like the "Melbourne, Australia" version of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania or something. Truly well-crafted lofi underground noise.

Järtecknet

haha. i always though danish acts were more in the hospital/prurient veine. thats what i hear anyways. yet i don´t know what swedish bands are being discussed.

you should get the tape on Sprachlos, Let New Life Rise in the Face of Death. best AOF recording so far.

ARKHE

Quote from: Ernpe on January 18, 2012, 10:10:10 PM
Sewer Election - Sex/Death cd

Well, some Swedish stuff with obviously no melodic noodling included.  ...  Second track is more laid back, though.

Hah, that was the first track I thought of when melodic Swedish noise was mentioned. Of course not realy melodic, but it has tones in some extremely simple melodic fragments over the vacuum cleaner or whateverit is.

P-K

np : the cd from the Martin Bladh/Bo I Cavefors set.......does it get any better ?

hannes

Sewer Election - Vidöppna Sår Lp, my favourite with SE so far.
Esplendor Geometrico - Kosmos Kino Lp, I never get tired of this.

bitewerksMTB

RIDE FOR REVENGE under the eye cd; pretty good. like the vocals & nasty guitar tone but feel some of the non-metal elements do not work so well but also feel that this needs a few more listenings. some of the drumming brings Joy Division to mind. the guitar tone/vocals kind of remind me of Brainbombs & one song, the drumming sounds like a drum machine so Big Black comes to mind (may not be intentional on the band's part but I like that I think they mildly sound like non-metal acts rather than thinking they sound like other metal bands. Though one song has a celtic Frost feel).

GRUNT someone is watching cd; haven't heard this since the orig tape was rel'd. remembered nothing from it other than the "who told you my name" loop. good stuff!

Bleak Existence

Final Solution - all new power

WAR

so far today:

chris isaak - silvertone lp 
of course, this dude makes great rock music with a badalamenti/lynch vibe. i love this album.

forza albino - mot cs
great minimal PE. deserves the recent praise. definitely not ashamed to fuck a dude and sound really creepy when he talks about it.

deathpile - gashbutcher cs.
some of the best material in my opinion.

ninth massacre - flesh cs.
was just able to score this from jason hodges. great collab(?, ive read a few different things about this.... not sure how it actually went, and who was actually involved. care to comment bitewerks?) with kieth brewer and richard ramirez. loving the anguished dude fucking samples.

axebomber - fall 2011 demo cs.
meh black sabbath infused hardcore. terribly quiet tape. would have been exponentially better with a little mastering, but whatever. i have two copies. if sombody wants to try it out, let me know. i'll trade it for pretty much any other cassette.

Nyodene D

Quote from: WAR on January 21, 2012, 10:40:00 PM

axebomber - fall 2011 demo cs.
meh black sabbath infused hardcore. terribly quiet tape. would have been exponentially better with a little mastering, but whatever. i have two copies. if sombody wants to try it out, let me know. i'll trade it for pretty much any other cassette.

whoa.  i'm sitting next to their new singer Bob right now. we're blazed and watching cowboys and aliens (not the guy on the demo).

ARKHE

NEUNTOTER DER PLAGUE - Doors Beyond Doors
ARZACHEL - s/t
FAMLENDE FORSOK - One night I had a frightful dream
AGATHOCLES - Theatrical Symbolization of Life
PSYCHIC TV - Dreams Less Sweet
(first proper encounter with Psychic TV's music... bizarre experience, very unsettling...)

vinci.

Various Atoms – White Eye Of Winter Watching 2 x CS
great, really great.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: vinci. on January 24, 2012, 08:02:10 PM
Various Atoms – White Eye Of Winter Watching 2 x CS
great, really great.

It is very good, yet I think there are two notable things:
1) many lesser known bands mop the floors with the bigger names (although not always)
2) most longest tracks are among worst. Removing couple unnecessary c. 10 minutes pieces and perhaps some non-exclusive stuff, one would have actually made perhaps mere 30 min shorter comp, but with very much improved level of focus.

But still, impressive comp! I don't think I can imagine almost any modern day compilation with such variety.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net