PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno Marx

It's called a volume knob or slider.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Ashmonger

Dove Yellow Swans - Live at Warcrimes #2 (CD, Release The Bats): got this in an order from RTB, but never heard from this group before. But it's good! Some kind of noise/drone, don't really know the exact style, but it's got more kind of atmospheric parts as well as harsher parts, keeps it interesting.

Kanibal Hymn - Corpse Dweller (CD, Cthulhic Dawn Productions): dark industrial noise, really good. 1 35min track. The variation keeps it interesting, though, and this is really a minor critic, there were some parts where I felt it might have been better to cut it into several tracks.

Nyodene D

- Rome "Masse Mensch Material"
- Section 25 "Always Now"
- Genesis "Selling England By The Pound"
- Blood Axis "The Gospel Of Inhumanity"
- King Crimson "Lark's Tongue In Aspic"
- Agoraphobic Nosebleed "Altered States Of America"
- Sick Seed "Elephant Man"

RyanWreck

Nyodene: What's your opinion on that Sick Seed?

This morning:

Code Of Silence - Untitled (F&V) - Listened to this 3 or 4 times and I'm still not completely sure what I think of it. It is fairly clear production wise (in comparison to most of the other material on the same label) with curtains of Noise buzzing about with the occasional clean synth interruption that is always quickly put in and removed giving it a cut-up feeling. One thing this tape has is a lot of movement, never dull droning or slow passages, it pushes onward at all time which I think fits this style pretty good. The vocals are hard to hear in most parts but I would not say that they are buried or anything and they kind of sound familiar but I can't pin it down although I want to say it sounds like one of the guys from Antipakt, but probably not. I don't see this becoming a classic that needs repressed all of the time, but it is decent for what it is.

Mortuario - Necrofilia Propaganda! - Total Atrax Morgue worship from South America. I first heard this guy on the "Nyrkki Ja Kyrpa" volume II compilation from good ole' Filth & Violence and it quickly became my favorite track; a simple, dense loop that forms the foundation for some N12 whispering style vocals and raw dirty production. Other tracks on this full length range from some clear synth-heavy MB formula to slowly building, dirty loops with samples of people talking in what I assume is Spanish. A good mixture keeps it from getting stagnant although I would have liked some more action in certain section.

XXX

Quote from: Zeno Marx on April 27, 2012, 04:45:11 AM
It's called a volume knob or slider.

when you already turn it up all the way, not much else you can do

RyanWreck

No you're right, my copy is muddy (and not in a good way) and low in the mix as well. The rip I have of the mp3's sounded pretty much the same, both of which are a shame because the material is great.

P-K

Angel Heart ost lp .....very good.
Tenebre ost lp
Voguing vol1 & 2 on Soul Jazz .....nothing beats some proto-drugged out-gay-dance music from time to time.....
Underground Resistance : interstellar fugitives cd .....cold detroit techno. essential.

bitewerksMTB

UN REGARD FROID tape- french canadian PE. Heavy, staticy, good vocals. I think this may be live? The guy also does some interesting collage art. Websites listed on the tape are www.lamashtu.net and www.n-s-n.org/urf (That 2nd url doesn't seem to work)

whateverforever

Alfarmania "LVM" cs
Mirrored Hall "This Mirrored Hallway Is Really A Gallery With No Exit, Nor Entrance In Sight" cs
Jarl "Negative Rotation" cs

v/a-Discreet Campaigns 2xlp

RyanWreck

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on April 27, 2012, 09:45:41 PM
UN REGARD FROID tape- french canadian PE. Heavy, staticy, good vocals. I think this may be live? The guy also does some interesting collage art. Websites listed on the tape are www.lamashtu.net and www.n-s-n.org/urf (That 2nd url doesn't seem to work)

Yea I like the way he does collages, they look like puzzles. I have yet to hear his sound art though.

NP Perpetrators - Haterape (Nordisk Klub) - Two 10 minute tracks from Denmark. Side "Hate" is some droning synth work building up very slowly to some distorted, harsh vocal attacks and contact mic feedback which blends into the synth and finishes the track with a monument of filth. Side "Rape" has more going on, more synth work that pretty quickly collapses beneath a wash of low-end as the machines duke it out the vocalist treats us with more outbursts which are kind of in the vein of Deathpile (only the vocals). As far as appearances go... I'm not the biggest fan of baggies but it looks fine in this case (the storing is still annoying) as does the artwork and the nice insert. Overall this is a pretty nice release from a growing label that we should keep our eyes on.

ConcreteMascara

Golden Rain - 2010 (Cassette) - for some reason I missed this when it came out, but picked up a copy last week. Love it. Those synths, the repetition, the vocals. Exactly what I want to listen to.

John Carpenter - Escape From New York OST (Expanded Edition) (CD) - For the past couple weeks I've been listening to this several times a day. Why don't movies get soundtracks like this anymore?

Wang Chung - Live and Die in LA OST (CD) - new wave with a bit of Tangerine Dream thrown in the mix. Relaxing.

Vatican Shadow - Iraqi Praetorian Guard (12") - 2 solid VS tracks on the A, and a monster remix by Regis on the B-side. This has been spending a lot of time on the turntable.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

SKY BURIAL

Various releases by:

Cockney Rejects
Eyeless in Gaza
Carcass
Sad Lovers and Giants
Coil
Social Interiors
Future Sound of London/Amorphous Androgynous
Nico

Molluskground, Inc.

Deterge • Substrate Catalyzation • C20
Cremation Lily x False Moniker   • Servant's Habit/All Unbroken Remains C20
RVH • Worlds Without Time • C20
Council Of Europa • Bound '88 • C20
Heather • Grey Moment • C10
Curative Measures • Corrective Heterosexual Rape • C40
Brainbombs • Macht • 7"
Joy Division • Love Will Tear Us Apart • 7"
Macroynmpha • Sex And Death • 7"
Alien Sex Fiend • Maximum Security • LP

RyanWreck

Just finished listening to the Hate Songs compilation and I am sure most of you have heard it by now but I thought I should throw my opinion in there (it feels like time has passed so quickly since this was put out nearly 5 years ago). Besides Club Moral, who I have never really been into, the material here is very solid, with sounds ranging from synth heavy Italian styling to the long building chapters of filth and buried loops all with an old, detached feeling of just dead filth, in other words pure international post-mortem (added 'international' so due to the fact that some think that post-mortem can only be applied to the Swedish scene which is fine I personally don't take that stance). This is a style that isn't heard much in the modern day, and when we do hear this style from a contemporary artist it doesn't have that very definitive and specific atmosphere which was given off in the early days of Industrial and Power Electronics. Here we have, in 2007, a solid line-up celebrating post-mortem in all of its glory and by association it obviously pays homage to the old Swedish and Italian scenes. From the

eyestrain

CONTROL; the resistance - not sure I can handle any more same-y Control releases, but certainly great for the fans. Features some variation as compared to prior releases, although still minimal
ALLERSEELEN; stirb und werde//cruor - my two favorite releases by Kadmon. Great mix of the murk and the bombast, especially stirb... this would be my reply to the old Allerseelen topic on SI
AKOS ROZMANN; 12 station vi - amazing posthumous lp by under-the-radar electronic pioneer. will be getting many, many replays
NIELLERADE FALLIBILISTHORSTAR; halrum//hoga nord track - never ever get sick of these boys. perfect atmosphere and experimentation. also love the GAF collab
ENCOFFINATION; o hell... - the logical conclusion that Incantation never made it to. so fucking good
TOREVA; skryte brany... - never hear mention of this eclectic Ukrainian bm group. been on repeat for a year or so
RYAN BLOOMER; forearm shiver - best bloomer tunes
BURIAL HEX; gripster killer - ultimate early style BH. pretty sure you can hear dimensional tears in there