PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martialgodmask

This week I've been spinning:

Grunt - World Draped In Camouflage - already mentioned how good I think this is and with repeated listens it is absolutely watertight, such a great album.

Brethren - Alienated and Radicalized - more listens of this and it is also really fucking good.

Umpio - Muelas - late to the party on getting this but it's absolutely bang on, love the layering and variety of sounds on this one

Bizarre Uproar - Rape Africa - only one listen and I'm not 100% sold on this yet, it's good and will hopefully be a grower but it picked up for me after the first track

VA - We Gave Them The Future And They Wanted The Past - love this comp, high quality all the way, perfect format, very tight and very good example of the cream of current UK P.E.

Levas

Mania / Hal Hutchinson - Savage Discharge - my oh my. great tape, great material from these junk masters.

Lettera 22 - Native waters - nice release and nice sounds though nothing out of ordinary or surprisingly great

Rumination - weight - enjoyed this one much much more. Just now I saw that this is the same guy from Kakerlak. Some truly nice synth/etc. weirdness. the record that surprised me.

Jason Crumer - First two records on cd - I can't possibly imagine why I missed this. Skipped the news or whatever, but this is harsh noise and even leaning towards PE, greatness. What's the worst album that Crumer has released? I'm truly enjoying everything I've heard from him

McKaras - Psichikos Higiena - lately McKaras has been mostly into modular and other old soviet etc. synths. And it's a pity that this one's just 24 copies of private gifts without any chance of proper release. These are really nice 70 minutes of various droning textures.

Sudden Infant - Ear wash - heh. not quite my stuff, but rather enjoyable I'd say.

Atrax Morgue - No more - this is one mysterious project to me. Never got too much into that stuff. It's good for the morning and sounds are distinctive etc., but I still have to find an album to really enjoy and say "yeah, this is something wow"

Levas

John Watermann - Neurotic Jesus Cash Boy CD - I guess it took me slightly longer to pack and unpack the cd than to listen to it. I think one of the darker releases of his.

John Watermann - Calcutta Gas Chamber - Oh, I like his cynicism - "an intelectual challenge to convert victims into heart-shaped soap" etc. and the sounds are nice in here too.

Contagious Orgasm + Government alpha - Heartsrings - the output was rather unexpected.. I was expecting some harsh noise and it's some rather decent weird cut-up madness. Not bad.

Testicle Hazard - Python in the bowl - Hm. I liked 20 minutes of it, then later on it started to get slightly boring, but perhaps it's the length of the track.. I'll try to listen to it some time later.

Glasgow Smile / Ecoute La Merde - Nice filthy, murky noise. Liked glasgow smile more.

Black Leather Jesus / Ekunhaashaastaack - gh. good, loud dub though the wall of BLJ is not too catchy. Eku... stuff is slightly more interseting, but there are also quite weird and silly parts.

Fungi From Yuggoth - Fungi From Yuggoth - not good, not bad. that's the worst thing about this release. Nothing to say much.

Deprivation ‎– From The Gutter To The Grave - why such a packaging.. The sounds are rather good old-school industrial, but I wanted to listen to it quicker so that I could put that garbage bag into the shelf and that I wouldn't put random garbage in it accidently.

Poena - Likboden - unexpected from mr.ghoulson, but dark and captivative release. Bells, samples, etc. and the atmosphere is very nice.

Terence Hannum ‎– Burning Impurities - enjoyable long droning trips. Both sides rather different, but equally good. Good tape

bitewerksMTB

METHDRINKER s/t LP (d/l)- from New Zealand, pretty good sludge metal but not sure the lp would be worth the $20.

ConcreteMascara

I didn't know you could drink meth.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Johann

^
probably methadone, which is served to you in a dixie cup.

been listening to

Ceramic Hobs
Homosexuals
Spykes - Deep End Test
Don Preston, Filters, Oscillators & Envelopes --- fans of early electronic music need to check this out. Synthesizer player from the mothers of invention.

Hakaristi

Nah, it's methylated spirits, an alcohol-based cleaning fluid. Over here certain lowlives drink it - http://youtu.be/js_3SbPdKOE

Levas

Negative Climax - Asura - this is very very good indeed. Synth PE with nice, melodic woman's voice in places etc. Truly worth checking out.

Seagull Overseas - Last Train Home - This is the dark ambient project of the guy behind Vidine Ramybe. These are some field recordings of metros etc. of the time he was living in London and overall the nice release, dealing with desolation, loneliness in the metropolis etc. Though very limited edition, but nicely released and decent sounds.

Shiver - The light within has turned into darkness - different material from what I've heard in his 3". More atmospheric and darker. Nice tape.

Andrew Quitter - Forgotten farms - This one is the best from the last Diazepam batch. Melancholic and somewhat light. Enjoyed it.

L.R. Padgett - Chambers - rather silent dub. Mostly field recordings of sorts. Decent listening.

Burried Machine - Bulkface - synths, loops, somewhat cozy, warm release that you won't remember after some time.

And so I started to check these Death Squad rereleases that Autarkeia has done. 14 CDs at once. Wow. This is also one of the projects that I was always asking myself - what's that so captivating and excellent that everyone keeps talking about. After listening to 3 of the discs I'm still at a loss.

Death Squad - Death Boxed - somewhat average noise

Death Squad - Radium - lots of delay.

Death Squad - Hypocenter - a little better than the first two. Lofi noisy textures.

Jaakko V.

Flying Testicle - Space Desia CD
V/A - Herz Aus G.R.O.S.S. 4 x MC

bitewerksMTB

KNELT ROTE "trespass" LP- this is ok, pretty standard black-death metal with some intense moments. the noise is ok but doesn't add anything esp on the one instrumental track. need to relisten but seems like the previous 12" was more intense. what the hell is it on the front/back cover? the image on the insert would have made a more interesting cover.

ILSA "Tutti Il Colori Del Buio" lp- nothing overly special but good doom/sludge metal. had a d/l for a long time & liked it so grabbed it (w/K.R.) from NWN's Xmas 40% off sale.

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on January 09, 2013, 08:25:38 PM
ILSA "Tutti Il Colori Del Buio" lp- nothing overly special but good doom/sludge metal. had a d/l for a long time & liked it so grabbed it (w/K.R.) from NWN's Xmas 40% off sale.

One of my favorites from last year. They're an even better live band.

listening to: Michael Perilstein ‎– The Deadly Spawn LP - very pretty package with some weird notes/writing from the composer. Definitely a nice psych/space rock vibe running through some of the tracks, with an overall "raw" feeling.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

cipher chris

New Emeralds, Cattle Decapitation and Kevin Drumm LPs all arrived on Monday and are being duly spun.  Also just got 'Widowmaker' by Dragged Into Sunlight.  Also cannot stop listening to the new Puce Mary tape - wow!

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: Levas on January 09, 2013, 12:53:05 PM
Negative Climax - Asura - this is very very good indeed. Synth PE with nice, melodic woman's voice in places etc. Truly worth checking out.

Yes.
Shikata ga nai.

tiny_tove

I am so looking for my copy of that. Very intense.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

linxtyx

GRUNT - World Drapped In A Camouflage CD - When I was putting this CD into my player I was ready to get anything but this...and it was awesome! I dunno how to others, but to me this, kind of different, approach of GRUNT was really insisting and powerful. Maybe material of CD and my mood just fixed each other on the flow to my ears, but - Dance For The Genocide & Ritual Of Mortality are tracks that made me feel that "wow..what the hell..?" thing. Good work! Recommended to everyone!