PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baglady

CURRENT WORMING - "1" C26 (Dogmatics In Outline)
New canadian project on a new canadian label (same person responsible for both). Influenced by (but not a carbon copy of) the "swedish tape noise" thing, and I'd say it lands somewhere in between the uglier (Ultra-Fuck) and the more "clean" (Blodvite) side of that spectrum. It is slightly more aggressive than the laid back swedes output though. Emphasize 'slightly' here; it's not harsh by any means. Promising stuff, well worth your hard earned money.
There's a second CW tape, and a new PE project called NOR INDEX, out on the same label. Both great tapes as well.

jadderly

Quote from: Zeno Marx on February 16, 2015, 08:10:55 PM
Ure Thrall - Arabian Knightmares 2004

Just got this in the mail recently...haven't had time to listen to it yet though.

FreakAnimalFinland

GODFLESH "A World lit only by fire" LP
Hmm.. somehow doesn't give me same feeling as previous mLP. That felt very good. Even if sound not as strong as the old classics.. This feels more like situation where they know exactly what to do, but for good songs, it's not all about consciously following template. The little extra is present in only few tracks. Not bad, but just very little reasons to pick up this when looking bands discography...

SWASTIKA KOMMANDO "1983" 4xLP+7" box
Menstrual
Good box. Sort of "vinyl on demand" kind of looks. Even that amusing "official certificate" is included, as if bootlegs of this kind of boxes would be likely to happen. One side of the first LP isn't too amazing due quite dull vocals. I wonder whether there was something wrong with master tape of 2nd LP. One side is utterly suffocated lo-fi sound, and suddenly for last 5 mins or so, sound of same track suddenly "fades" into crispy and clear sound. Something what you sometimes can experience with old tapes. But of course there are ways to make it work. I wonder if original tape release is like this, or is it just this vinyl here? I must say I might actually prefer the lo-fi part of the song more, so whether its fuck-up or meant to be so, it works...
3rd LP with half live side and half interview in Italian language and then return to noisier stuff. I prefer most 1st and 2nd of LP's and excellent 7".  That's the screeching feedback noise and dark suffocating industrial-noise soundscapes.

BAYMON "Förruttnelsen" tape
Obscure black-noise tape from Sweden. Raw and distant sound what appears like live-at-rehearsal place recording. There are things like discordant bm guitar riffs repeating on distance, scream, raw electronics etc. What I said about Axnaar some messages above, fits here too. I personally rarely feel the simple cold guitar riffs within noise would add much to noise, while the noise doesn't add much to simple guitar work either. Sort of blending together things what would be better separate? It's not bad, and like said, should be lots of fans for this sort of obscurities.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

bile

Orgasm Response Unit "Dissonant Love"

This is an older tape released on the superb Amnesia Program imprint. ORU is a collaboration between the Tandy brothers (whom are stellar solo artists under the monikers Being and Diaphragmatic) and, just like their individual output, this is unrelentingly heavy Harsh Noise. Scrap metal, feedback, and distortion (although this feature is used tastefully...I believe that most of the sounds on this tape are undistorted but merely amplified incredibly loud...). Every second of this thirty minute tape hits the spot. The dynamics and pacing are virtually consistent throughout the whole listen...absolute chaos. An essential listen for any USHN heads.

jadderly

NAXAL PROTOCOL - The Guilty Should Get What They Deserve! CD
One of the best industrial/noise albums I've heard in a long time. Not much else to say. This is great.

TEST DEPT - A Good Night Out LP
Live album, sort of in between the tribal metal percussion stuff of the first two albums and the later performance art soundtrack type stuff. This is good, but nothing beats the earlier TD material for sheer power.

CAZZOKRAFT - Integrity of the Preconcious System CD
Like the Naxal CD, this is disc really stands out among the herd. Good variety, well put together, aggressive yet dynamic. I'd like to see these guys do another collaboration album soon.

GNAWED - Feign & Cloak CD
American death industrial. A bit more subtle than I might have expected but I like this. Didn't blow me away but probably needs more stereo time.

SONAR - Sonar CD
A lot less dancefloor oriented than some Sonar material I've heard. Many of the tracks fit into the abstract yet rhythmic stuff you'd hear from something like Esplendor Geometrico. Good stuff.

eyestrain

Quote from: bile on February 18, 2015, 09:44:41 PM

This is an older tape released on the superb Amnesia Program imprint. ORU is a collaboration between the Tandy brothers (whom are stellar solo artists under the monikers Being and Diaphragmatic) and, just like their individual output, this is unrelentingly heavy Harsh Noise. Scrap metal, feedback, and distortion (although this feature is used tastefully...I believe that most of the sounds on this tape are undistorted but merely amplified incredibly loud...). Every second of this thirty minute tape hits the spot. The dynamics and pacing are virtually consistent throughout the whole listen...absolute chaos. An essential listen for any USHN heads.

Viva Tandy!! These boys rip live.

bile

Quote from: eyestrain on February 19, 2015, 04:42:14 AM
Quote from: bile on February 18, 2015, 09:44:41 PM

Viva Tandy!! These boys rip live.

Some of my favorite live sets have been at the hands of these brothers (together and individually!). When I was on tour last winter Diaphragmatic played the Cincinnati date. One of the most visceral HN sets I've witnessed in person...tiny room, superb volume, maximum textural density.

FreakAnimalFinland

Been too busy recently with many things occupying my time. Listening stuff, yes, but not had so much time to "report" about it.

OCHU "tvärsnitt" LP
Verlautbarung
Received this yesterday and started to listen it this morning. And have not listened anything else today. Constant replays, and even more so for B-side. I know that lumping together entire countries worth of bands may be irritating, but one could say that in one sense one could say this is something one could expect from Sweden. Sort of noisy stuff, but leaning toward more arty side of it. But at the same time you could say what Ochu does, is utterly different from contemporary Swedish sound. Despite seemingly common similarities like charming rough (tape captured?) sounds. Blending in field recordings, very physical sounds etc. But he does it very different ways. I could perhaps conclude that despite all sorts of goodies from various swedish artists, this is easily best album from Sweden in this field for some time?! It is innovative without pretentious. It's raw, without being powerless. etc etc... Too bad only 160 something copies exists. I'm already down to last copy available at my mailorder.. lets see if more is possible to get...

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on February 20, 2015, 03:50:55 PMOCHU "tvärsnitt" LP
Verlautbarung
...I'm already down to last copy available at my mailorder.. lets see if more is possible to get...

Damn, I knew I forgot something after paying my order. Hopefully you're able to get more copies so I can order one with upcoming FA releases.

bile

Wrong Hole "I" & "II"

These two tracks are available to download from the Wrong Hole bandcamp page..both are under six minutes in length and I figured it would make sense to review them together. Amnesia Program released "Sucking Wound" last year (a cassette I kept in heavy rotation), and for those whom have heard this tape, "I" and "II" will tickle your fancies. Brilliant, no-nonsense Harsh Noise action here...captivating and violent. The intensity is stellar, it feels as if any moment his mixer will come unplugged, gear bursting into the air, sweat and blood dripping onto the floor. Fantastic.

Being "To Fall In Love With Your Own Reflection"

A Dear Girl Called Wendy released this new 2xCS from Luke Tandy at the beginning of 2015 and is one of the best articles of sound I have ingested thus far. Being taps into the classic Americanoise style with corrosive white noise, mid-range metallic smashing, obnoxious buried feedback, and cut-up flares. Last year's "Get Rid of Everything" CS via Depravity was a crisp, clear look into the destructive forces Luke maneuvered, but with this recent outing he has traded the high-fidelity recording for a more modest, live atmosphere (which, I believe, has added a new dimension to his work). Moments on this tape make the hairs on my neck stand straight...especially during the third piece, "It is Finished and Forgotten", with it's eerily human sounding shrieks (I cannot tell if this is scrap metal, tape manipulation, or actual voices), dynamic splashes of bottom-heavy distortion, and tasteful clipping. Gorgeous looking output and untouchable sound...Being is one of the best in the US.

bitewerksMTB

ABJECTION RITUAL s/t cd-r; heavy death industrial debut. good stuff. i believe Malignant Records sells it along with the 2nd cd-r (got that, too, but haven't listened to it yet).

ULTRA zoll/youthful pleasures cd's; haven't listened to either in a long time. both releases work really well on cd; zoll has some dense, heavy parts that i had forgotten about. his vocals have always been an influence for me. overall, the boxset is really nice!

PUTREFIER rare/compilation tracks cd (forget the title); best tracks are the 7" & track he did for the "tearing the wings..." comp., that material is incredibly focused compared to all of the other tracks. have the other 2 cd's on I.R. but haven't listened to them yet.

FreakAnimalFinland

STRAIGHT ARM SALUTE "Aryan Uprising" tape
Finnish project doing sort of music what is like half Arditi type of martial, half nsbm intro music. Speeches, drum machine marches, growling vocals, synth melodies. There is something what makes me thing of Warcom or Sarote Industries labels. Something, that is too over the top, too clumsy, to appear "noble art". But on other hand, you got the nice mix of hollywood type NS atrocities and at the same time commentaries for modern day south africa etc.

BODY CARGO "Posthum" tape
Autarkeia
I know I must say every time I write about BC, that this is maybe their best material?! hah.. Well, this short tape is the basic BC stuff. Lo-fi, slowly moving, rugged industrial noise. Best moments are in end of a-side and beginning of b-side. Those two tracks out of the 4 stand out on this tape. Body Cargo doesn't have problem of doing good stuff. But memorable "hit tracks"? No power electronics anthems to be found. Only good overall atmosphere. Still, very much recommended!

tiny_tove

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on February 25, 2015, 03:22:20 PM
STRAIGHT ARM SALUTE "Aryan Uprising" tape
of Warcom or Sarote Industries labels.

back from the dead after killing flu
WARCOM: where have they gone??? and who is Sarote Industries labels?
any hints? cheers
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

FreakAnimalFinland

WARCOM stopped. There was that last interview he did for Degenerate, explaining stopping label. I was among last people to buy his remaining inventory. Still have bunch of releases in distro after many years...
Sarote has still that "memorial site". Google it to find info of their releases.

BROKEN PENIS ORCHESTRA "Testicle Difficulties" LP
Nihilist
I have had hard time swallowing this, hehe..  Amusing sound collage, which sometimes is pretty good, most of all just humoristic and funny. If genital humor sound collage is your thing. I remember being quite disappointed by bands CDR release I had, but vinyl has somehow different feel to it. That someone actually puts this sort of stuff on 12" vinyl, changes its feeling totally.

MISSING FOUNDATION "1933 Your house is mine" LP
Dais
2013 reissue of 1988 album. And well done. I guess bands reputation is even wider than its musical impact? "Industrial Noise outfit from NYC. Their logo shows a martini-cocktail glass turned upside down meaning "the party's over!". Missing Foundation made a point of fighting gentrification in New York's Lower East Side and other metropolitan areas. They left their logo painted on walls whereever they travelled. Walking around in major European cities in the late 80's/early 90's you would find this all over the place. "
It would be nice to see noise bands escape purely online existence to physical world like this today. Music reeks the same feeling. It goes well into area of E.Neubauten/Test Dept and such. Blend of music and industrial percussion and noisy sounds. More music than noise, though.

jadderly

Woob - Light & Levitation
My first album of post-reboot Woob, this is very pleasant ambient heavy on the manipulated choral samples, neither light nor dark sounding.

Aube + Telepherique - R-S+C
This is really good. A bit more "to the point" and less slow-building than a lot of Aube material. I haven't heard much by Telepherique at all, but they do a good job here. I guess I should check out more by them.

Aube - Flood Gate
This came up here recently with high praise. Managed to snag a copy for a reasonable price - I don't think Vanilla Records releases are all that easy to get these days. Anyway, this is definitely in line with the earlier, noisier Aube material of the early 90s, but is very well done and highly listenable, fairly dynamic also.

Einleitungszeit ‎– Aus Der Leichenkammer: "Klonieren Des Machinen Lärms"
Einleitungszeit ‎– "L'Accouchement Des Machines Humaines"

I've been wanting these for awhile, finally managed to find them at a price I could stomach. Compared to the R-Mensch 2xLP, these are both more sophisticated and drawn out, probably requiring a bit more effort to absorb. "Aus Der" has really odd quiet mastering. I'm not sure if it had to do with the source material or the inherent physical limitations of vinyl. At this point, I'm trying to collect everything by this group but a lot of their releases are hard to come by. Not sure why they aren't more popular and don't have better distribution.

Niellerade Fallibilisthorstar ‎– Hålrum
I think this was recommended here and possibly some other places. Frankly it sounds a lot like Z'EV and Harry Bertoia to me. Not a bad thing, just pointing it out. Maybe a dash of Organum in there as well. My copy of the LP doesn't have the best pressing quality and was filthy out of the sleeve. Gave it a good cleaning and going to try playing it again soon.

Null - Ultimate Material II
Halfway between noisy stuff and more semi-ambient, perhaps close to the "Terminal Beach" CD in places? This is good, but I wouldn't say it is my favorite Null release. Happy to have it in my collection though.

Zero Kama - The Secret Eye Of L.A.Y.L.A.H.
Zero Kama ‎– Live In Arnhem & The Goatherd And The Beast

I guess this is what people call "Ritual Ambient" these days. Fairly primitive and rough around the edges compared to what is being released now, but I enjoy the feel of these old recordings. There are some vocals on the live release that might turn some people off but I didn't think they were too bad. "Secret Eye" is the essential release for me, but I'm glad to have both of these releases.