new CIPHER PRODUCTIONS releases

Started by cipher chris, February 12, 2013, 06:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cipher chris

(sic 68) Kazuma Kubota & Self-Inflicted Violence 7"
Split 7" vinyl pairing Japan's Kazuma Kubota with Poland's [s.i.v.]. Kazuma approaches softly, opening with light layers of sound, before obliterating them with his increasingly dextrous atack of high-energy, volatile-spliced harsh electronics. Self-Inflicted Violence trumps the pummel of his recent CDR on Somnolent Shelter to push forward a dervish of stop-and-go electronics and junk elements, hesitant at first before riding on its own urgency. Co-released with Underground Pollution. Limited to 150 copies, of which I have far less than half.

(sic 74) VipCancro & Andrea Borghi C-46
Split tape of VipCancro's organic ensemble noiseisambient and Andrea Borghi's more harrowing, angular noise constructs. VipCancro have an almost calmative effect, every tone mannered as their tightly-woven layers of sound slowly loosen. Andrea (one quarter of VipCancro) paces more forcefully, but his constructs ultimately prove more brittle, bareing glimpses of well-worn source material between cobbled processing. This is another in my line of specially packaged cassettes, this time the tape is housed in a cut, folded and stickered vinyl records, all held in place with velro. Limited to 60 copies.

(sic 77) Haare A Split Second In Eternity C-40
In contrast to the recent Forward To Insanity tape, A Split Second In Eternity returns Haare to a more life-affirming sound, the lengthy tracks on this tape developing rich drones over their side-long expanses. Rich guitar plumes encircle entheogenic electronics and hazy drone material for an effortless, admittedly relaxed, expression of the far-gone psychedelia which Ilkka does so well. Tape, insert and woven patch all housed in a stickered anti-static bag. Limited to 80 copies.

There are also a few extra Haare patches available.

Please visit the CIPHER PRODUCTIONS WEBSITE for all ordering information, sound samples, images, and a large distribution list.  All support is very much appreciated.

Coming in the not-too-distant future: Dead Boomers C-10, John Murphy & Ben Taylor CD, Rope Society C-30, Government Alpha/Xtematic lathe-cut 12", N. 10", Amputation Theory C-70, Theologian C-20, Hal Hutchison lathe-cut 7", and much more.