N12??

Started by drunk, December 18, 2010, 07:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunk

I'm totally in love with N12's sounds. I was wondering if there is any new material being worked in?

Into The Grave is probably the best death metal record ever.

FreakAnimalFinland

Full length album 2011. Depends on when cover painting is ready and when finishing touches for material is being given.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

RG

I've always thought that having multiple projects such as yourself, Mikko, would be an interesting way of working. Whatever mood or phase you've been in, you have a project to work on. I've wondered, is Nicole 12 something that you have to consciously work on, whereas with Grunt it is a more natural & less "focused" approach?

Meaning, is Grunt your default way of working with no particular aim in mind, but with Nicole 12 you actually sit down and decide "I'm going to make Nicole 12 material". Curious on how you decide what falls into what particular project.

drunk

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on December 18, 2010, 09:55:45 AM
Full length album 2011. Depends on when cover painting is ready and when finishing touches for material is being given.

Excellent news!!
Into The Grave is probably the best death metal record ever.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: RG on December 18, 2010, 10:39:53 AM
I've always thought that having multiple projects such as yourself, Mikko, would be an interesting way of working. Whatever mood or phase you've been in, you have a project to work on. I've wondered, is Nicole 12 something that you have to consciously work on, whereas with Grunt it is a more natural & less "focused" approach?

Meaning, is Grunt your default way of working with no particular aim in mind, but with Nicole 12 you actually sit down and decide "I'm going to make Nicole 12 material". Curious on how you decide what falls into what particular project.

It's all based on mood. I don't think there is need to force anything out. If you feel like creative, you'll do it. Most of these side projects exists over 10 years of time, and about similar period, and always increasing amount, has been the domination of idea&vision opposed to mere noise (not meant to be derogatory, though..). This means, release may be under work for 5 years, and it's updated little by little. Be it collecting ideas, collecting sources, investigating subject matter, writing lyrics, producing artwork.... When all finally seems to fall into their places, release may happen as result. Sometimes even very quickly.
Upcoming N12 includes works created between 2006-2010, and possibly 2011 will be added.

When you have certain idea and try to reach certain mood, it's possible to search & create suitable audio for it. For example: If subject matter is not violent, it may not require shouted vocals. Or it may not require violent sonics.
When you sometimes hear specific sound or have simply experimented some piece of sonics, you instantly get gut feeling where it belongs. No matter, did you aim to create it for some specific project. I think it is very much a natural flow that can be followed. If you would do painting, you probably do have a feeling what kind of stroke you add or what methods you use to get it right. Even when it would be abstract.

Pretty much every N12 release has had certain ongoing theme, which is different from previous. I don't know if it is clear to "outsider". And the next album is perhaps even more "ambitious", since it has less shocking, less ugliness, more of references to art and culture. It is reflected in sounds, artwork and lyrics.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

STREETMEAT

excited to get that new lp in!

RyanWreck

Me too. I'm interested in what the album title is in reference to...

SafeWord

Excited for the new Nicole 12 full length release and will be keeping an eye out for its release. It is interesting to hear Mikko how you work and it definitely adds another element to understanding the work itself. I have always enjoyed liner notes or additional information on the creative process of any art form whether it be included with the work or found in forums, interviews, zines etc.

STREETMEAT

Quote from: SafeWord on May 14, 2011, 05:01:41 AM
will be keeping an eye out for its release

open your eyes, its out!

SafeWord

Quote from: STREETMEAT on May 14, 2011, 05:35:45 AM
Quote from: SafeWord on May 14, 2011, 05:01:41 AM
will be keeping an eye out for its release

open your eyes, its out!

Thanks man, I have been checking freak animal records new arrivals every couple of days for its release. I will be picking that up next paycheck

RyanWreck

I've always liked N12's linear notes and art as well with the exception being the Playground/LL reissue CD. A magnifying glass couldn't even help me with the lyrics in that booklet and the art on the front and back seemed to be randomly picked from Googling "pre-pubescent female". It could have had a greater impact like the rest of the discography has. But you can't expect a "rose garden" with reissues in the first place I suppose.