silken tofu new releases: TROUM and TEMPLE MUSIC

Started by silken tofu, November 28, 2010, 05:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silken tofu

TROUM - MARE IDIOPHONIKA
CD - Limited edition of 500

Mare Idiophonika ('The Self-Playing Ocean') is the new album by the German duo TROUM and contains the studio-version of the live programme Troum performed in 2007, with a new ending added later.

Using bass, guitars, metal objects, voices and choirs and for the first time also singing-bowls and 'dry' beats Troum creates yet another magnificent journey into unknown dimensions. Its sounds are stunning and enchanting, leaving one in a state of bewilderment while exploring the world of the unconscious.

With its compelling drones and haunting atmosphere Mare Idiophonika is a masterpiece of transcendental soundscapes. It is a mind-blowing dreamy and moving experience, reaching out towards the inner self and beyond.

American version with different artwork available through Tourette Records.

TEMPLE MUSIC - SOON YOU WILL ALL DIE AND YOUR LIVES WILL HAVE BEEN AS NOTHING
CD - Limited edition of 300

Soon you will die and your lives will have been as nothing is the new album by the UK-based psychedelic/drone/ambient project Temple Music.

Stephen Robinson and Alan Trench (known from the dark folk project Orchis) skilfully combine a wide range of acoustic and electronic instruments, field recordings and drones with spoken word, rhythm and chaos, resulting into one long avant-garde soundscape. The vocals are both comforting and unsettling and contribute to an overall magical atmosphere.

Introspective and spiritual as well as powerful and energetic, Soon you will die and your lives will have been as nothing will entice the ears and the soul.

order via info@silkentofu.org

Price for each including shipping:
€ 14,50 inside Belgium
€ 15,00 to Europe
€ 15,50 to the rest of the world

buy both to save on shipping...

bogskaggmannen

Quote from: silken tofu on November 28, 2010, 05:58:30 PM
'dry' beats

As much as I respect Troum I was a little upset when I read this. I also hope their recent work with Nadja (read: beats) won't affect their own works into this direction. There can be a thin line between pulsations and beats...

However, i'm still intrigued to hear it and the cover looks much better (it actually reminds me a bit of our cover for Mnem's "Engrama" LP re-issue) than the US version.

silken tofu

Quote from: bogskaggmannen on November 29, 2010, 11:32:39 PM
Quote from: silken tofu on November 28, 2010, 05:58:30 PM
'dry' beats

As much as I respect Troum I was a little upset when I read this. I also hope their recent work with Nadja (read: beats) won't affect their own works into this direction. There can be a thin line between pulsations and beats...
i can assure you it's neither a pulsation or a typical 'beat', much more like a programmed sort or rhythm and it quite fits as well into the whole.

Quote from: bogskaggmannen on November 29, 2010, 11:32:39 PMHowever, i'm still intrigued to hear it and the cover looks much better (it actually reminds me a bit of our cover for Mnem's "Engrama" LP re-issue) than the US version.
thanks, i'm really happy about it! don't have the engrama reissue but now that i see the front cover on your website i understand what you mean.
haven't received the us version yet so i'm curious to see that cover...