Strict (US PE)

Started by Peterson, June 30, 2016, 10:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PedestrianOrgans

I'm very late to the party here, not sure if anybody will see this, but does anyone herehappen to  have Impulsion still? It's in the wind on Discogs and elsewhere as I can see

nada88pe

Yeah! Jeremy is/was here in PerĂº, Javier Riera from Industria Masoquista (Ecuador) told me about. Not sure if he is still here as not reply my last messages; anyway Strict is great perverse electronics!

yosef666

I have some copies of the LP available at Analog Worship if anyone is looking, along with other Trash Ritual titles.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

Bloated Slutbag

Quote from: yosef666 on February 04, 2018, 11:15:41 PM
I have some copies of the LP available at Analog Worship if anyone is looking, along with other Trash Ritual titles.

Still kind of amazes me that copies are readily floating around. Should not this have sold out by now? Absolutely essential and possibly the only Strict that will ever receive a proper mastering (if proper mastering is said to matter.)

In reviewing Strict, one almost feels that Impulsion would be the natural progression from In Preparation, whatever the apparent release date. The vocals are generally more coherent, for starters. That is to say, the incandescent incoherence of the vocals is that much more coherent. But also that Impulsion feels in whole like a proper(ly) f'cked up statement, as such. As for the bits that would make one think of "Japanese HN", that's there throughout the catalog. In Preparation "Toilet Tart" my pick for anthem in this regard.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

Bloated Slutbag

For those who like their pe rough and raw - and harsh - in the best jugendian traditions, Bizarre Audio Arts recently bandcamp'd this-

https://bizarreaudioarts.bandcamp.com/album/strict-in-preparation-album

Still ranks among the faves.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

Moran

Quote from: Peterson on June 30, 2016, 10:23:22 PMTurns out J. Kart, the main man behind all the sleaze, is pretty active on YouTube. He's got some good videos juxtaposing scenes of debauched behavior with appropriate sounds (SJ, Ramleh, The Velvet Underground), but best of all are when his Strict material is combined with these visuals.
Are these videos still available anywhere?

Kaaoskultti

Quote from: Bloated Slutbag on February 06, 2018, 04:37:33 PM
Quote from: yosef666 on February 04, 2018, 11:15:41 PMI have some copies of the LP available at Analog Worship if anyone is looking, along with other Trash Ritual titles.

Still kind of amazes me that copies are readily floating around. Should not this have sold out by now? Absolutely essential and possibly the only Strict that will ever receive a proper mastering (if proper mastering is said to matter.)

In reviewing Strict, one almost feels that Impulsion would be the natural progression from In Preparation, whatever the apparent release date. The vocals are generally more coherent, for starters. That is to say, the incandescent incoherence of the vocals is that much more coherent. But also that Impulsion feels in whole like a proper(ly) f'cked up statement, as such. As for the bits that would make one think of "Japanese HN", that's there throughout the catalog. In Preparation "Toilet Tart" my pick for anthem in this regard.

Hm, I gotta listen to Impulsion once again. For what I can recall, "Kiss" might be among my favorite PE releases ever. One that does not make space for any comfort for the listener whatsoever, finely crafted and captioned in between short and longer tracks. The second "**", which is just 40 seconds long, sounds like something modern SJ would produce; talk about mechanic out-of-tune vocals digitally put together in a omniously dissonant way.
ZOB ZYGGLAN - Brazilian Power Electronics - https://zobzygglan.bandcamp.com/

John Cagefight

Quote from: Kaaoskultti on July 15, 2024, 03:00:33 AM
Quote from: Bloated Slutbag on February 06, 2018, 04:37:33 PM
Quote from: yosef666 on February 04, 2018, 11:15:41 PMI have some copies of the LP available at Analog Worship if anyone is looking, along with other Trash Ritual titles.

Hm, I gotta listen to Impulsion once again. For what I can recall, "Kiss" might be among my favorite PE releases ever. One that does not make space for any comfort for the listener whatsoever, finely crafted and captioned in between short and longer tracks. The second "**", which is just 40 seconds long, sounds like something modern SJ would produce; talk about mechanic out-of-tune vocals digitally put together in a omniously dissonant way.

General sentiment is seconded, although I will say that Impulsion is the one I've spent the most time with and return to most as well.. Kiss being a bit more developed and - dare I say, poetic? Equally essential for different reasons. Strict is the most debased and severe. Feral lightning energy. Absolute legend, mad respect.

Moran

Strict made some of the best power electronics I've heard. I think Kiss would've been much better if it didn't sound so thin, but it's possible that I don't understand it well enough.

I'd like to know more about the release listed on Discogs as 10/95, supposedly released by Art Concept in 1995 on DAT.

Infubulation

prolapsedlielack

Quote from: Infubulation on July 15, 2024, 07:43:20 PMhttps://youtu.be/_aqAchrRzYc?si=kdPnsOBzDspdyfdJ

Seems like this could maybe be the channel? Not sure.

Unfortunately not, however this guy's split with Bizarre Uproar was excellent. Sad I missed his kickback reissue though.

PTM Jim

Quote from: Moran on July 15, 2024, 04:28:25 PMI'd like to know more about the release listed on Discogs as 10/95, supposedly released by Art Concept in 1995 on DAT.
I haven't listened to it yet because my DAT player is broken. I am unsure if it is an unreleased master or if there are multiple copies, but it has handwriting on it leading me to believe it's a master. I can't get ahold of Jeremy to ask.

Moran

Quote from: PTM Jim on July 19, 2024, 03:08:58 AMI haven't listened to it yet because my DAT player is broken. I am unsure if it is an unreleased master or if there are multiple copies, but it has handwriting on it leading me to believe it's a master. I can't get ahold of Jeremy to ask.
Interesting. It would be great if this were made available one day.