Zoat Aon

Started by EarThEnWhEEls VulGarWOmB, April 14, 2020, 04:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EarThEnWhEEls VulGarWOmB

Dear all,

want to introduce my a litle bit since this is my first post and question in this really great and helpful Forum.
Thanks to FreakAnimal MR. Aspa. Highly appreciated.

I started listening to post industustrial 10 years ago with more or less the typcial cold meat sound. After that short period I got addicted to every record
which smells and sounded like "Ritual" and ordered some years ago the complete Discrography from he highly appreciated and innovative Aural Hypnox Lodge. I would say that I am searching nearly daily for Ritual Music in the same vein as Aural Hypnox with more or less success. Mostly that path lead me to the more harsh and more industrial styles liek PE / Death Industrial and sometimes Noise. So after all I can say the yourney through the complete Industrial Sector started with the finnish shamans and the search for this kind of Muzak.

To be honest, this kind of music is for me really religious.

So my question to you is:
do you know any other projects which sounds or got an similar style like the complete Aural Hypnox Lodge and especially ZOAT AON.
I hope you can give me some ideas and recommendations especially for  the ZOAT AON sound because Mr. Jaako´s Music is such unique and I have no found any that could be described as "in the vein of Zot Aon....."

I am aware of Zerko Kama / Michael Dewitt / Nekrofil Records Vienna / Old Archon Satani / Metgeumbenerone / Pär Böströms work / Black Mara Label / Vishudha Kali / Phurpa / Kristian Ollsson Ritual Stuff / Temple of Tiermes / Trepaneringsritualen / INS / Lamia Vox / Vortex / Poena / italian ritual industrial etc.  just to name a few and to illustrate that I am very into this music.

I hope you can help me out.

Thanks to you in advance and stay healthy at those times.

Cheers

Stefab 

totalblack

It's worth checking out the Portuguese ritual industrial scene from the 80s, labels Putrefacto & Maldoror Tapes, acts like Nigredo, Zwickau, etc. although a lot of it is nearly impossible to find.

EarThEnWhEEls VulGarWOmB

Thanks TotalBlack,
will check this out.
Have a nice day.
Any recommendattions due to Zoat Aon Style - sorry in advance for my fanboy like question.
Cheers
Stefan

Into_The_Void

Also interesting for you can be the Fanaticism tapes: https://fanaticism.bandcamp.com/

https://sabruxa.bandcamp.com/ (Industrial / ambient)

Zeno Marx

there are a couple ritual/ambient threads on the board.  maybe some ideas there?  They aren't dark or industrial at all, but possibly the first two Tuu albums?
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

EarThEnWhEEls VulGarWOmB

Thanks Zeno MArx and Into the Void.

I am very thankful that this forum is really really helpful. I am not known to TUU, I have to check them out especially te mentioned first two albums. Fanaticism is a great label with an complete corporate identity, very special and unique I guess. I heard from them in the past, will check them out, too.

But do you know any Artist which goes a little bit in the electronic style of I.Corax / Depther / Zoat Aon?

Thanks for your recommendation and your help. I already checked the this forum down to the throat if it comes to Ritual (-; -;

holy ghost

Honestly I am not as into this stuff as much as I used to be, but I remember around 2005-ish I picked up those Zoat Aon CDs and at the same time Envenomist "Abyssal Siege" as well as Luasa Raelon, particularly "The Poison City" and "Season of the Witch".

As far as dark ambient stuff goes, the Nadja/Fear Falls Burning collab from 2007 might be right up your alley. I have definitely not kept up with Nadja over the years but that's one I always really liked.

Last one... Paradigms Records released this excellent comp Walking with Ghosts and I would think there are a few similar artists that might really whet your whistle: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Walking-With-Ghosts/release/995298

Decrepitude

EarThEnWhEEls VulGarWOmB

Thanks to you for all the recommendations from your side. Good to know and check them out right now.

EarThEnWhEEls VulGarWOmB

If you have any recommendations for an sound like ZOAT AON I am very very thankful.

xdementia

Anapthergal
Bestia Centauri
Chaos As Shelter
Kayno Yesno Slonce
Agnivilok
Funerary Call
Ruhr Hunter
Treha Sektori
Rings of Smoke Through the Trees
Hymnal Bruise

EarThEnWhEEls VulGarWOmB