Do you like bonus merchandise?

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, December 29, 2013, 12:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cranial Blast

Quote from: W.K. on January 11, 2024, 11:07:04 PMTopic is already 10 years old haha, nice1

Quote from: Cranial Blast on January 08, 2024, 01:56:12 AMI dunno if this is specifically relevant to the topic, but for last couple years I've noticed Hell's Headbangers on their physical releases offer an option of an "add on digital file" for $1.99 or some shit...as if the person buying the tangible goods gives a shit about some digital file to go along as some sort of extra with the physical release. I think Bandcamp does something similar and I cannot stand it...drives me crazy this "digital file" age.

Don't you always get a digital file for free with a purchase from Bandcamp? Paying for both the same CD/LP/Tape and also the digital product seems a bit much to me. But also, do you really mind giving the label a bit more if the artist deserves it?

Also putting a razor blade with your release seems really stupid to me unless it really really really fits the release. Buying a razor blade is as easy as buying a banana, please, you are not that hard.

I don't know why that's funny. Did I create a forum violation or am I not suppose to open new comment on an old topic, because it's now a decade old? Other people have made conversation since my post on the matter, so it has no relevance now?

You do get a free digital file with bandcamp. I misspoke in previous post. I agree with you paying for every kind of format can be a bit much, but if some people think they need to, then I guess so be it. Is the label and or artist really raking in any real supplemental income to speak of at offering 1.99 for a download? I'd think they would do better to forget the download thing all together and only support real tangible media and forget the peanuts their going to squander up with 1.99 downloads and have more dignity to not even tread into that "digital" sales territory like the rest of the mainstream music world. In my opinion everyone should buy tangible media first and foremost, once everything shifts towards becoming digital download you can see the awful territory that'll come with that. So as underground music is concerned, I'd think more underground labels would reject this  download business as in the future it will serve us all terribly.

Well you just said it, unless it really really really fits the release and it does really really really fit the release and also at artist's request as it fit in line the first time around when the material was first made and he laments to me about not doing it then, so we're doing it now as part of the comp. Reissue tape. It's not about because, it's a cheap add on to the release, it's because of it's relevance to the release. Nobody is being "hard" as you call it. This isn't deathrow records or something "gangsta"...so that type of hip hop language is not synonymous with the topic in any context. That's just you blindfolded trying cast a rock in my direction hoping to hit me with it and well...you didn't hit me with it.

W.K.

Wow, easy there, I didn't mean it personally to you. Lighten up a bit. Sheesh.
Straight murkin' riddim blud, absolute vile gash

Cranial Blast

Quote from: W.K. on January 13, 2024, 02:07:07 AMWow, easy there, I didn't mean it personally to you. Lighten up a bit. Sheesh.

It seemed to me that you were taking a jab at me personally by your comment towards me, but if you say no and that was not your intention, then perhaps I misinterpreted your comment. In that case, I apologize and don't want to come off as harsh or vindictive.