Power Electronics, old Industrial, Experimental records for sale - ULTRARARE!

Started by DarkYota, December 23, 2021, 12:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkYota

Ultrarare records in various format (vinyl, tape, cd and cdr) on sale on my discogs page.
Special discount of 10% less to all those who place an order directly here than discogs.
Free shipping everywhere in the world for orders up to 250€.

https://www.discogs.com/it/seller/DarkYota/profile

Feel free to write me for whatever question.

Alessandro.

Theodore

Not my business but i cant keep my mouth shut on this. Curious about what you think your target group / potential buyers are ?

10% discount. Great. We ll buy this Wertham tape https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1414310047 only for 300EUR. Or a 2018 CDR of your label only for 60EUR.

Come on guys. Have a grip on reality.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

DarkYota

Quote from: Theodore on December 23, 2021, 06:03:14 PM
Not my business but i cant keep my mouth shut on this. Curious about what you think your target group / potential buyers are ?

10% discount. Great. We ll buy this Wertham tape https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1414310047 only for 300EUR. Or a 2018 CDR of your label only for 60EUR.

Come on guys. Have a grip on reality.

Wertham's tape is limited to 44 copies, first release of a master artist of power electronics music. You will not find it anywhere and I don't want to sell it. Do you want it? 300€ is its price.

The Destination Morgue cd-rs are compilations with unreleased tracks by great bands from the italian scene who took part of the most extreme power electronics event in Italy, each artwork is handmade, some guys payed much more than the price I ask for them.
Also, these are not reprints, these are the original copies of the guy behind the Misty Circles label (ClauDedi from AinSoph), who is a close friend of mine and was part of the organization of the events, those are his personal copies, mine were already sold out years ago.

The potential buyer of those records is someone who understand the value and the history of what is going to buy, as I do when I accept to pay more than 20€ for a record (and belive me, I payed A LOT for some records!).
Someone that probably is not you.

Theodore

OK, now makes sense ... i am ready to send you half of my paycheck cause i understand of history -haha, this kind of rhetoric reminds me of snake-oil salesman-. I would send them all but i have to pay rent too. It's a special too. I have never seen any other exactly the same, it's the only one that has this address, and used to live a unique oldman here, before me ! It's so good that i pay it every month. Your stuff i will only buy once. What a score !

PS: "I dont want to sell it" - So you sell it or not ? I am confused.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

DarkYota

Quote from: Theodore on December 23, 2021, 07:37:18 PM
OK, now makes sense ... i am ready to send you half of my paycheck cause i understand of history -haha, this kind of rhetoric reminds me of snake-oil salesman-. I would send them all but i have to pay rent too. It's a special too. I have never seen any other exactly the same, it's the only one that has this address, and used to live a unique oldman here, before me ! It's so good that i pay it every month. Your stuff i will only buy once. What a score !

PS: "I dont want to sell it" - So you sell it or not ? I am confused.

Again, I don't understand the point of your dissent regarding my items for sale, if you consider my prices too high, simply ignore my post.
In my sale list there are records cheapest than 5€, if you are interested in records that cost more than you are willing to pay, I'm sorry, but I can't help you.
It's ok to negotiate with a seller for a better deal, but I never argued with them about the reason why they set a specific price.
All of the titles on sale are from my personal collection (apart some titles that I sell for someone else), being a serious music collector, I use to spend a lot about records (without crying if a price is too high!) and having a standard job, I MUST sell something to buy others, expensive as the ones that I sell.

The problem here, is that probably you never spent more than 20€ for a record... I payed hundred of euros for some single LP or tapes, simply because I WANTED THEM and nobody sold it to me for 5€ as I wanted to pay...

Theodore

I ll answer to you seriously without being ironic. Please tell me which was the tape you paid 300EUR for it or which CDR 60EUR. If there isnt any, please let me know for which you would be willing to pay such amounts. Maybe you are lucky, someone reads it, and you buy them finally.

I spoke for two reasons : 1. I see such prices as an insult. You clearly looking for either stupids, or desperate people to exploit them. I dont say rich, cause even a rich has to be either stupid or desperate to pay 300EUR for a tape. - You are not the only one doing that. Just now i had the chance, couldnt hold myself to ignore it, and i spoke.
2. Such tactics have made the aftermarket a shit-place. I dont ask anyone to sell at low prices. To be a stupid 'idealist' at his own loss. You understand that your prices are not even in the very high range of the marketplace's ever increasing standards ? Are insane. And such tactics open the road for others to follow them. So when i decide to sell any rare tapes i may have, do i have to set such insane prices ? So i can pay your insane prices ...
It's a chain, somewhat ... The price one sells or buys, it affects us all.

DarkYota

Quote from: Theodore on December 23, 2021, 08:58:05 PM
I ll answer to you seriously without being ironic. Please tell me which was the tape you paid 300EUR for it or which CDR 60EUR. If there isnt any, please let me know for which you would be willing to pay such amounts. Maybe you are lucky, someone reads it, and you buy them finally.

I spoke for two reasons : 1. I see such prices as an insult. You clearly looking for either stupids, or desperate people to exploit them. I dont say rich, cause even a rich has to be either stupid or desperate to pay 300EUR for a tape. - You are not the only one doing that. Just now i had the chance, couldnt hold myself to ignore it, and i spoke.
2. Such tactics have made the aftermarket a shit-place. I dont ask anyone to sell at low prices. To be a stupid 'idealist' at his own loss. You understand that your prices are not even in the very high range of the marketplace's ever increasing standards ? Are insane. And such tactics open the road for others to follow them. So when i decide to sell any rare tapes i may have, do i have to set such insane prices ? So i can pay your insane prices ...
It's a chain, somewhat ... The price one sells or buys, it affects us all.

Your point is ridiculous and you consider it an "insult" only because we are talking about Wertham that probably in your opinion doesn't deserve to be payed 300€. In my opinion, he deserves it and considering that I am the one that own one of the 44 copies, I sell it at 300€.
I'm sure that if we were talking about some other underground artists that are well known for the high price of their earliest releases, you would not open a post against it.
I personally consider that 44 copies of the first release of one of the post popular power electronics artist in Italy, is quite impossible to find.
I bought this tape in Japan and was extremely difficult to find it.
I never saw any other copies on sale on discogs or anywhere in the world.
So, YES, is value is high.
As is high the value for an early tape by Hanatarash, an early demo tape by Novy Svet (that I'm searching since ages!), Hinrichtung or Native Concrete Industrial by Genocide Organ, Murder Corporation early tapes (I sold one for over 200€ years ago!) and many others...
It is not a scam, again, is just giving a value to something that is important for you.
If I will ever find an early tape of Maria Zerfall, I would be thinking to buy it, even if the cost would be proibitive.
I'm searching for Trance Flexure by Sigillum S on Broken Flag since 20 years, never find it. I'm ready to pay for it, when it will show up.
Leichenlinie first press costs 750€, too much? probably, but is the greatest power electronics album ever. Does it deserve this cost? Your choise.
Someone will buy a repress, someone will buy a standard cd edition, someone will download an mp3. But someone, will pay 750€ to own the original fist press. And is ok, because passions have a cost.
Maybe someone will decide that 300€ is a correct price for a so limited and rare tape by Wertham, and will buy it. Or maybe not, but in my opinion is value is 300€.

To buy records, expensive records, I did a lot of sacrifices in my life, even before internet time, when there wasn't any history of value of a specific record, and I don't accept that someone now is going to teach me at what price do I have to sell a record just because he can't afford it.
I never considered stupid someone that is in the will to pay high costs for a release, if is important for him, as I did in the past and as I will continue to do in the future.
And is not a question about how rich someone can be, but about how important is for you.
I preferred to not have a car, a big TV set, expensive clothes & shoes, to avoid holidays, to buy cheap food, to have a smallest house and go on... but to by a rare record.
Choises. Not stupid or not stupid people. Choises.

If someone want to sell his record collection at bargain prices is free to do it, I will not.

And again, I have no rush in selling, but if I do, I want to do it at my conditions.

muppet1

Quote from: DarkYota on December 24, 2021, 12:15:18 AM
In my opinion, he deserves it[...]

You should send 150euro to Wertham if he deserves it so much. Same thing as fine art auctions - store of value that you hope appreciates. Good luck! I'm sure it's a great tape.

For awhile there was another copy listed online for about 1/6 your price and maybe even less because the packaging had damage. Disappeared sometime in the last year and a half or so. Also it looks like this tape was sold for 66euro back in March: https://i.imgur.com/eTi8t9m.jpg

Theodore

Nice try DarkYota. In a different context i would probably agree with some things you wrote. Unfortunately, in this case the prices you set speak for themselves louder than you. Anyway, has no meaning to continue this anymore. And no, no good luck. I hope you never sell it for that price.

DarkYota

Quote from: muppet1 on December 24, 2021, 02:54:25 AM
Quote from: DarkYota on December 24, 2021, 12:15:18 AM
In my opinion, he deserves it[...]

You should send 150euro to Wertham if he deserves it so much. Same thing as fine art auctions - store of value that you hope appreciates. Good luck! I'm sure it's a great tape.

For awhile there was another copy listed online for about 1/6 your price and maybe even less because the packaging had damage. Disappeared sometime in the last year and a half or so. Also it looks like this tape was sold for 66euro back in March: https://i.imgur.com/eTi8t9m.jpg

Marco is a close friend of mine, I spoke with him by phone recently, about the chance to organize a live concert for him here in Rome.
I'm sure that If I would be able to sell that tape, he would be the first to be happy.
If someone is going to sell a copy of my earliest release of my band at 300€, I would be super happy.
I continue to not understand why 300€ for a Maurizio Bianchi tape (which is extremely overstimated, in my opinion) is acceptable but for Wertham it should be not.
Also, selling a release so limited at that price, would give the hope of a repress, considering how high is the request, so that even Theodore would be happy to have it for a few euros.

I saw about the tape sold at 66€, is not mine. I bought it on buyee.com from a japanese and I payed more than 66€, but it is in NM conditions, no damages at all (I can post pictures of it, if anyone interested).

W.K.

Great conversation!

Nice for €300 one could make a run of 100 copies of that tape pro-dubbed (or maybe €400 now since prices have gone up, damn tapes are going to be expensive).

Maybe better to contact Marco directly if you want the tape?

Straight murkin' riddim blud, absolute vile gash

nusjut

The (I assume THIS) ultrarare Wertham grail was listed for around €45 for ages at discogs, the seller (german zombietot?) kindly rejected my offer (40, probably way less) months ago and someone else bought it... Here we go again :)

DarkYota

Quote from: W.K. on December 29, 2021, 04:46:41 PM
Great conversation!

Nice for €300 one could make a run of 100 copies of that tape pro-dubbed (or maybe €400 now since prices have gone up, damn tapes are going to be expensive).

Maybe better to contact Marco directly if you want the tape?

for sure if you contact Marco he will make you a copy without any trouble, I think.
The fact here is that I'm selling the original tape released in 1996 and if you are a true collector, it has a different meaning than having just a copy.
But again, you have to be a maniac collector (as I am) to understand the difference.

DarkYota

Quote from: nusjut on December 30, 2021, 01:55:15 AM
The (I assume THIS) ultrarare Wertham grail was listed for around €45 for ages at discogs, the seller (german zombietot?) kindly rejected my offer (40, probably way less) months ago and someone else bought it... Here we go again :)

I didn't bought it from Zombietot, I bought it in Japan.
My copy is the n°8, I don't know which number were the previous ones listed (and sold) on discogs.

hoodphantom

Quote from: DarkYota on January 05, 2022, 11:33:52 AM

for sure if you contact Marco he will make you a copy without any trouble, I think.
The fact here is that I'm selling the original tape released in 1996 and if you are a true collector, it has a different meaning than having just a copy.
But again, you have to be a maniac collector (as I am) to understand the difference.

You've been touting this tape that clearly no one else has agreed it is worth what you're asking for it, hence why you have not already sold it.