​​Âmes Sanglantes

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, August 09, 2022, 01:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

I was listening digital version of the ÂMES SANGLANTES "CANADA 666" before I got the LP. Sounded good, but wasn't sure if it would be as good as one would want from project who has been around since 1996 and created MASSIVE discography. Debut vinyl LP is something that should hit hard. But what the hell! Wax removal from ears must be needed, as now multiple spins of the actual vinyl, and it sounds great. Vastly better than first impression of the files were.

LP has a lot of things, that could be said to be traditional and commonly used. Distorted junk metal being one of most clear element. But in other hand, I don't think I have heard anyone do noise like this, for a long time! It has the demented high pitched squealing vocals, that are somewhere between Masonna and the odd distorted howls what K2 used to make in his utmost classic mid 90's junk noise albums. Perhaps more of the latter. Songs are short, album itself is fairly short, so spinning it already 3rd time today. I believe it is analogue 4-tracker recordings, and there is no too much boost. There is no constant booming bass nor it has the hissy static high frequency distortion. Sound elements are often very direct, not too wide spread stereo efx.. any time you think ok.. .more metal junk, and ÂMES SANGLANTES gives you other things. Dark electronic drones, some field recordings and so on. But it is never "I'll show all my tricks" type of noise release.

I was just talking to friend who was saying that too bad many current day noise LP's are... "too good". As if you'd need to try so hard, noise itself becomes in a way secondary, and showing off in a way, makes it lose the power of relaxed noise energy. Well, if you think current day noise LP's are too neat in uniform harsh wall type, or too nice in composed/edited presentation, I would most certainly recommend ÂMES SANGLANTES "CANADA 666" LP! And when I say LP, I mean the vinyl LP, not the file of it! there is something in this what really makes it have more impact when played on turntable!

From massive AS discography, it is hard to really start picking up favorites and recommendations, except this LP probably became my favorite so far! That is also good sign. Making great recordings 25 years after you started churning out tapes...

QuoteBorn in 1996, ​​Âmes Sanglantes is known from numerous splits and massive amounts of cassette releases including work on Xerxes, Labyrinth Recordings, MSBR, The Rita, Hermit, Autoerotichrist, Alberich, flutter, Bob Marinelli and Guilty Connector, despite never having a proper vinyl release until now. In commemoration for the project's 25 year anniversary, Hospital Productions present an assaulting LP of madness clearly following a trajectory from Masonna beauty beast voice noise agony and damning it through the lenses of the lesser known deformed cassette world of the late 90s and early 2000s tape scene. Unreasonable filters, abusive wine bottle rattles, creepy spacey backgrounds interrupted by knife stabbing metal sheets twisted and gouging in tandem to broken tea cup vocals.

Minimalist in pallette but a dynamic self-destructive energy cut across a series of "crucifix noise" tracks.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Black Psychosis

I like the Crackdown boxed set. It's huge (8x c90 tapes) but very good to dip into every now and then. I think the 2nd or third track is my favourite, 45mins about LA (?) riot.