Strict

Started by ballerinainblood666, September 13, 2023, 09:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

expectorant

He's a true pervert, that's for sure. But if you make music like he did and you're anything but, then you can fuck right off, pal. Hung out with him a couple of times over drinks and tits, and like the greatest of all perverts, he's also a good-spirited, stand-up guy.

One night at a bar in Chicago, I asked him if he was sitting on any unreleased Strict recordings and the answer was yes. And if I remember correctly, it was a fair amount of them (there was also a fair amount of drinking involved on my part, so this last detail is murky). We talked very briefly about doing a release together, but I didn't want to be "that guy" at the table and then I never followed up and figured maybe it was all just drunk talk. That was over a decade ago. It'd be great if some of this stuff popped out into the world someday because we need these "real deal" projects more than anything (especially when the sounds are so fucking good).

Oh, and I wonder if we'll ever find out what Stricter is (or was) all about. There was supposed to be a "live" collab with Puce Mary under that name at a basement in Chicago, but the show got kiboshed by Covid.