Akti Zine Vol.2

Started by AKTI Records, January 12, 2024, 12:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKTI Records

Available for pre-order: Akti Zine vol.2

Interviews:
Bill Orcutt (Harry Pussy)
Roy Montgomery (Pin Group etc.)
Matthias Andersson (Arv&Miljö, Discreet Music)
Joachim Nordwall (iDEAL)
Arttu Partinen (Avarus & Artsy Records)
Jonna Karanka (Olimpia Splendid, Kuupuu)
Vilho Koivisto (The New Boyfriends)
Valerie Magisson (Sunhiilow)
Benedict Quilter (P. Wits)
Rasmus Östling
Jan Anderzen (Kemialliset Ystävät, Tomutonttu)
Brenna Murphy (MSHR)

Spanning across 72 pages, conducting 12 interviews, and boasting a plethora of record reviews — enough for me to lose count on them at least — Akti Zine posed quite a challenge for a solo assembly.

Now, after a brief cooling-off period, I realized I faced what some zine enthusiasts might term the "brick wall of the second edition," where the imperative is to make the paper bigger, better, and more comprehensive. Despite the fact that the paper is my cherished creation, I must as humbly as possible to admit that, in my opinion, Akti Zine Vol. 2 succeeded in achieving its goal; It serves as a simple DIY cut-and-paste exploration of experimentalists and experimental music, kicking off with interviews followed by musings on captivating sonic puzzles — that one might even dare to call audio recordings.

Anyways, I'll let you folks decide if this was worth the trouble.

Special thanks to Jani Hirvonen for his enourmous help making the zine digital and thus getting it to print mode and to Heikki Hautala for letting me use his scrap book sketches for cut and paste.

All hail the physical format and the long-form media.

300 copies worldwide. Direct your pre-orders to aktirecs@gmail.com or dm me, 9€ + postage.
Contact Akti's email for wholesale.