TAINT/MANIA/ Everything Keith Brewer & related

Started by cr, February 23, 2024, 09:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

BatteredStatesofEuphoria

I do hope those last couple Mania tapes, All Aftermath and Hardly Lethal, get compiled onto a CD/vinyl release at some point. Its not a desire to hear them, as I have both, but more just simply that they deserve it, both for how good they are and the significance they now have. Probably at the time they were delivered, there was the expectation that there'd be more material to come, so limited cassette batches seemed fine, but now it seems rather unfitting to leave them like that.

I know "Raw Nerves..." technically came out after, but as that was older material, I consider the two tapes to be Keith's true final releases.

FreakAnimalFinland

All aftermath might be the best of all too. Back then deal was made for unlimited amount of tapes for payment I made, so he clearly hoped there should be as many sold as possible. Probably have to make new run of tapes at least. It has fairly big printrun already.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Moran

I think cassette is the right format for the last two tapes in sound and presentation. Most Mania releases are exactly right in sound and presentation, so any significant change - unintended by Keith Brewer - made to a reissue would likely result in a worse version than the original.

Cranial Blast

I like Insidious And Alone the best of all the Mania Freak Animal tapes. I kind of agree with the last post, it would be hard to deviate away from the orginal tape and turned into another format. I'd like for there to be a CD of such, but maybe better if the tracks of all tapes were compiled together for a compilation CD or something a bit new and different.

Moran

That tape is one of my favorites. Great artwork that supplements the sounds too.

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: Cranial Blast on June 02, 2024, 09:46:44 PMI like Insidious And Alone the best of all the Mania Freak Animal tapes. I kind of agree with the last post, it would be hard to deviate away from the orginal tape and turned into another format. I'd like for there to be a CD of such, but maybe better if the tracks of all tapes were compiled together for a compilation CD or something a bit new and different.

That's also my favorite Mania (as I think I have posted about before).  It really has the perfect blend of synth and junk metal.

Cranial Blast

Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on June 04, 2024, 04:12:32 AM
Quote from: Cranial Blast on June 02, 2024, 09:46:44 PMI like Insidious And Alone the best of all the Mania Freak Animal tapes. I kind of agree with the last post, it would be hard to deviate away from the orginal tape and turned into another format. I'd like for there to be a CD of such, but maybe better if the tracks of all tapes were compiled together for a compilation CD or something a bit new and different.

That's also my favorite Mania (as I think I have posted about before).  It really has the perfect blend of synth and junk metal.

Yeah, for sure! I 100% agree in that regard about Insidious And Alone, being a fine balance of synth and junk metal and That's why it's one my favorite of his tapes too.

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: Cranial Blast on June 04, 2024, 04:41:26 AM
Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on June 04, 2024, 04:12:32 AM

Yeah, for sure! I 100% agree in that regard about Insidious And Alone, being a fine balance of synth and junk metal and That's why it's one my favorite of his tapes too.

Speaking of his synth, does anyone know what sort of synth he was using on the Mania albums?  I feel as though I read that it was an MS-10 somewhere, but I could very well be wrong.

LIFE

One of those rare people who reminds you of what an artist truly is. Koresh was never king of Waco -- it was the man on Grice.