YOU ARE WORTH IT

Started by XE, September 20, 2011, 09:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XE

Tomorrow!

Opening Reception and The Release Party of 'Anti Social Realism' -art book on Saturday, February 18, from 6 to 10 pm. Free vodka. Open for everyone. Welcome!

Helsinki, Kaarlenkatu 10.Trams 9 ja 3B, 'Kaarlenkatu' -tram stop (ten minutes from railway station)

The gallery is situated next to a reggae bar Exodus!

XE

Every day 12:00 to 19:00. Kaarlenkatu 10 Helsinki
Closing party 3.3 w/GRUNT.

Bondage Culture

Shit, so wish I could go to this....looks like pure filth enjoyment! Will the book be available from Freak Animal?

XE

Quote from: Bondage Culture on February 19, 2012, 06:01:23 PM
Shit, so wish I could go to this....looks like pure filth enjoyment! Will the book be available from Freak Animal?

Distributed internationally after the exhibition by FREAK ANIMAL and FILTH&VIOLENCE.
Two versions:
Limited edition A4(21cm x 30cm) with silkscreened cover
Regular edition A5(14,5cm x 21cm)
100 full color pages.

Mattias G

Is the women in the car and the grandma pictures paintings or photoshoped pictures or something like that?

P-K

Quote from: Mattias G on February 20, 2012, 04:21:10 PM
Is the women in the car and the grandma pictures paintings or photoshoped pictures or something like that?

paintings

kettu

siikalan jukka does paintings. I  chatted with him once and he said it takes quite a lot of effort to mix the paint.
whatever time he spends on it clearly pays off as those things look super realistic  when they are meant to be that way.

Mattias G

Quote from: kettu on February 20, 2012, 04:48:40 PM

siikalan jukka does paintings. I  chatted with him once and he said it takes quite a lot of effort to mix the paint.
whatever time he spends on it clearly pays off as those things look super realistic  when they are meant to be that way.

Aha, it´s the same guy that was interviewed in Special Interest a few issues back. I thought it looked familiar. And yes the little i have seen looks very realistic. Would be awesome to see in a exhibition some time. 

D. Davis

Any better photos of the closeted woman - face down/cunt up?! Wondering what exactly is the story on that shot...

bitewerksMTB

Is the exhibition located in someone's house?

FreakAnimalFinland

It's art gallery. Just not from the upper ladder of fine art... heh.. More affordable one.
I was just told journalist of Huvudstadbladet visited exhibition and on cultural pages it will appear in top-3 most interesting exhibitions of this moment. Quite amusing, yet, having seen enough of boooooooring exhibitions, I wouldn't be surprised if more people want to see it.

Woman in closet is doll. That's been fucked more than most real women in their lifetime? For better view of her, check out Pasi's part of Anti-Social Realism book.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

MT

Great to hear it is getting a positive reception. I am sure after a million deadbeat art galleries there are around in Helsinki, this MUST be something new and refreshing. Pokes you around a little bit.

ARKHE

You should try and get it to Sweden. See if anyone owning a gallery would even dare to give your stuff any attention. Probably not. Freedom of expression is good & great in art, as long as you do & say the right thing...

RyanWreck

General translation of that? Good or bad review?