Whitehouse

Started by Peterson, December 04, 2011, 11:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bleak Existence

one of Bennett interest is spanish so maybe that's why ...

Steve

The Spanish voice is Jordi Valls from Vagina Dentata Organ.

Tommy Carlsson

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on December 11, 2011, 07:24:17 PM
I just got a very nice, clean rip of RIGHT TO KILL. Love the brutal, minimalist sounds; seems like it's just his voice & feedback but then I notice low-end rumbling and those great watery synth sounds (I like to use'em too). I'm told the rip may be available on some of the usual blogs.

"Death Penalty" is so fucking intense! My personal copy of R.T.K. is pretty clean but it's been so long since I've listened to it. I ripped it once but no clue where the disc is & the turntable I used was cheap (the turntable used for this rip was very high-end!). Bet my cd-r doesn't even play anymore...

http://nostalgie-de-la-boue.blogspot.com/2012/01/whitehouse-right-to-kill.html

As mp3 or lossless wav, excellent.

ImpulsyStetoskopu

HongKongGoolagong

Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on January 19, 2012, 02:15:34 PM
Quote from: Tommy Carlsson on January 19, 2012, 12:32:27 PM
http://nostalgie-de-la-boue.blogspot.com/2012/01/whitehouse-right-to-kill.html
Incredible, is it still active link? Probably, Mr. BENNETT has not time to check Internet now...

I think he gave up on all that as a losing battle - certainly as far as live material and out-of-print stuff gioes.

It's an unfashionable opinion but he has my sympathies in wishing to control how musical output is promulgated. So many mp3s available for free are of terrible sound quality. I heard a rip of the Cut Hands album before buying it that was so glitch-riddled it barely resembled the actual recording. I don't think it's the best thing he's done by a long way but that bootleg sure made it sound a lot worse than it is.

Vigilante Ecstasy

I'm tensed up/To watch the sex film

krumbledkookie

Bennet is one of the more interesting individuals to garner a good deal of attention in the noise/p.e. genres. The music he has been creating for decades has been of a very high quality in almost every case. I'm enjoying Cut Hands very much, and hope to make it to one of the shows on the current tour. Promises to be a great live show.

bitewerksMTB

Seems like the only interesting thing about Cut Hands would be if Bennett was doing all the voodoo drumming himself & was painted in black face, dancing around the stage with snakes, fire, smearing blood, with a bone in his nose,and  waving around a machete.

murderous_vision

I heard that is what he is doing this tour, Keith...

RyanWreck

Does anyone know what the Aes-Nihil book looks like? I have a chance to buy the following book for just over a $100, and am not sure exactly which book it is. The person selling it calls it the Come Org Files and does not refer to Aes Nihil at all but it sounds like its the same book from the description of the content, and if so I have no problem shelling the cash out...

So do any of you know if this is the same book (or at least the reprint of the Aes Nihil book)?

davenpdx

I was thinking that it could be the original "Birthdeath" book published by Strength Through Joy in WA state (which I believe the Aes-Nihil book is a poorer quality copy of) but it seems as though that has a different cover. Here's an online image of the Strength Through Joy one from popsike...

So now I'm really intrigued as to what the volume you're being offered is... will be interesting to see what info other folk here can provide...

EDIT: Having done a bit more research... According to a post on the Minimal Wave forum (http://minimalwave.com/forums/viewthread/1828/) the Kakos/Strength Through Joy Productions book from 1986 was itself an expanded version of a volume released by the Come Organisation in 1984. So perhaps the image is of that... Of course, I can't vouch for the quality of information in that post from the MW forum. I'm sure there are folk on here who know a lot more than me & can help clarify...
Mystery Attacks: updates / sounds
Rouge Label: updates

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: davenpdx on May 26, 2012, 09:30:53 AM
I was thinking that it could be the original "Birthdeath" book published by Strength Through Joy in WA state (which I believe the Aes-Nihil book is a poorer quality copy of) but it seems as though that has a different cover. Here's an online image of the Strength Through Joy one from popsike...

So now I'm really intrigued as to what the volume you're being offered is... will be interesting to see what info other folk here can provide...

Anyway, I have this one (with this same cover) and I am able to sell it. If anybody is interested in buying, please write to me with a price offer.

P-K

Quote from: RyanWreck on May 26, 2012, 08:36:43 AM
Does anyone know what the Aes-Nihil book looks like? I have a chance to buy the following book for just over a $100, and am not sure exactly which book it is. The person selling it calls it the Come Org Files and does not refer to Aes Nihil at all but it sounds like its the same book from the description of the content, and if so I have no problem shelling the cash out...

So do any of you know if this is the same book (or at least the reprint of the Aes Nihil book)?

i got the exact same from Membrum Debile when he closed down. don't know what source, some of it in difficult to read/bad scans...

100$? aes-nihil still offers theirs for 70$ lol

bitewerksMTB

BIRTH/DEATH is what I use to own. When I ordered it from Abo/Incubator, he had STJ send it & it was his LAST copy. St.Degeneratus of Ultra also helped out on it. I did not know it was an expanded ed. of another collection. I've never seen the Aes-Nihil edition. When I sold B/D on ebay a few years ago, it only went for $70 or so. I think A-N is probably copies of the B/D which is pretty grainy already...