Hijokaidan

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, December 25, 2011, 12:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloated Slutbag

Quote from: Dr Alex on July 10, 2013, 01:27:52 AM
I finally listen Junko - Sleeping Beauty and I found it totally irritant and boring.
What you think about this album?

I would prescribe a second dose.

EDIT
totally irritant and boring and lovely and essential. Like the Hijo minus the Kaidan,
No safe and solid walls to cling to. No warm enveloping layers. Stripped down scantily clad skrieeyeek. A plunge worth taking. But iheartjunko so iambias.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

Half Aborted

I finally listen Junko - Sleeping Beauty and I found it totally irritant and boring.

It's genuinely difficult to listen to, which I wish more "noise" albums were. Great stuff.

Cementimental

totally irritant and amazing

I'm hoping for the day I can have some kind of passive aggressive music volume war with some neighbors just so I can conclusively win by putting on Sleeping Beauty at full volume :D

Cementimental

all frequencies travel thru the walls at my place :( ANYWAY i digress.

blackoperations

has this been posted yet?

video for upcoming release onsale 2013/8/7 (August 7th!) of BISKAIDAN - Hijokaidan & all girl J-Pop band BIS! check it out! great video! keep an eye out for Hanatarash's logo on the Marshalls along with Hijokaidan's.

i like that this collab will exist. maybe it'll top the Japanese charts?

click click :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjVT-jsiPnw

Dr Alex

Quote from: blackoperations on July 28, 2013, 10:29:56 AM
has this been posted yet?

video for upcoming release onsale 2013/8/7 (August 7th!) of BISKAIDAN - Hijokaidan & all girl J-Pop band BIS! check it out! great video! keep an eye out for Hanatarash's logo on the Marshalls along with Hijokaidan's.

i like that this collab will exist. maybe it'll top the Japanese charts?

click click :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjVT-jsiPnw

Total crap/shit!! J pop is worst "music" on earth!!
Hijokaidan should make JUST noise!!!!!!!!

Cementimental

No there's some pretty amazing music in J-pop sometimes. And the whole 'joke' here is that it's an unexpected/'bad' pairing of genres. Still, yeah hope they don't get toooo carried away with these sort of gimmicks and neglect the pure noise :)

In other Hijokaidan-related news, this potentially incredible London festival of Japanese noise/music next feb is raising funds at the moment, worth a look/support even if you can't go, there's exclusive recordings etc available to contributors:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/noise-experimental-improvised-music-festival/x/58217
http://multipletap.com/

QuoteDoravideo
Hijokaidan
T.Mikawa(from Incapacitants)
JOJO Hiroshige
JUNKO
Hatsunekaidan
Makoto Kawabata(from Acid Mothers Temple)
Toshimaru Nakamura
Tetsuzi Akiyama
Atsuhiro Ito
Yumiko Tanaka
Miho Wakabayashi
Ko Ishikawa
Makoto Oshiro
PAINJERK
Takahiro Kawaguchi
Katsura Mouri
Katsuyoshi Kou

parapluie

Got my boxset from Bimbo Tower :

Expensive but looks really great ! Too bad all the texts are japanese only.
Also managed to grab The Noise on discogs for a great price last month, and spinning one random CD from this huge boxset is one of my greatest pleasure of this summer.

dmkerr

That box set looks awesome!  Congrats on the score!!!!

P A N I C

Several new releases are just out, all of them seemingly continuing the trend of J-pop + noise that started with the original Hatsune Kaidan disc. Recently we had the BiSKaidan album, and these are new:

BiS+BiS階段/Fly CD+BiS階段 LIVE DVD(1CD+1DVD)at 3570円

初音階段/からっぽの世界(CD)at 2500円

初音階段/初音階段ライブ!(CD)at 2000円

I'm glad to see Hijokaidan has been so productive recently, though I wasn't a big fan of the first Hatsune Kaidan disc. I'll pick these up, but we'll have to wait and see if they're good. I hope we get more in the vein of the discs released on Doubtmusic. Jazz + Hijokaidan is a better combination, I think.

TS

Currently listening to Hijokaidan (Windom) for the first time. This is fucking brilliant!
Kropper uten Mellomrom

nahàsh atrym

I understand, but Junko it's amazing singer - listen the collaboration with Michel henritzi (Dust Breeders) - it's just beautiful emotional - it's just perfect - the second tracks of Berlin No tsuki released on Tochnit Aleph is my favorite - but all collaboration between this two artist it's amazing

http://michelhenritzi1.bandcamp.com/album/fear-of-music

AWWFN

Weirdly there's a band from Glasgow called Bis who got really big in Japan in the mid-90s.  One of the members used to work in Missing Records and said that Japanese teenagers came all the way over to the UK and found out where he lived, they stayed at his mum's house for the night.  I think he took them to a Celtic match or something.  Wonder if they took the name from that.

Not heard any Hijokaidan that I didn't eventually really like.  Think I've had the 30-CD boxset for three years now and I'm still not sure if I ever got all the way through it.  Three discs in one day is as good as I've managed, which is pretty good going I reckon.  They're the loudest band I've ever seen live, the force of the sound was actually a physically oppressive force, it felt like someone had their fingers in my ears and was trying to squeeze my brain in.

AWWFN

^Further to the above, now I remember the Glasgow Bis shared a 7" with MERZBOW in the mid-90s too!