WRATH

Started by Balor/SS1535, September 04, 2023, 10:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balor/SS1535

Any thoughts on this label?

Even though it is nothing groundbreaking in terms of thematic and visual content, I think Wrath's dedication to quality of the physical release and otherwise inconspicuous presence is a welcome breath of fresh air in a climate that so often pushes social media superficiality.

While my collection is far from complete, I do have several of the great fanatic/art editions (with one more on the way).  While I understand that the "hand-made" elements are mass produced to some extent, I still greatly appreciate the touch of individuality that comes with so many of the releases.

At this point it seems like he is just rereleasing past Filth & Violence rleaseas/related projects?

Manhog_84

Aesthetically those regular plastic cases are lovely. Excellent choice of font and uniformity between releases. Same goes for the cardboard boxes. I'm not a fan of black minigrip bags though, they are a bit too inconvenient. Iron Clad - Systematic Racism was new material. The True Werwolf's Nightfall was a welcomed re-release as a bit cheaper option for 300€ vinyl box.

HateSermon

Yep, big fan. Particularly the dvds of live gigs. I wish more labels would offer that more regularly.
F&V Spring 2017 zine has a good interview with the man behind the label explaining his motives, etc. Would love to see a new interview or label spotlight in the next SI issues.

Hakaristi

Top label! Always kinda viewed it as the visual propaganda arm of F&V due to the early video works, forgetting there's some great original releases in label's catalog also. Favourites being Caligula031, Eingreif Division, HO... not to mention all those lovely XE / BU fanatic editions. Despite thinking that I must finally own enough versions of each album by now, that new Snuff one is tempting!

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: HateSermon on September 05, 2023, 05:56:27 AMYep, big fan. Particularly the dvds of live gigs. I wish more labels would offer that more regularly.
F&V Spring 2017 zine has a good interview with the man behind the label explaining his motives, etc. Would love to see a new interview or label spotlight in the next SI issues.

I had no idea there was an interview!  I would greatly appreciate it if someone could direct me towards a scan of this!

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: Hakaristi on September 05, 2023, 07:18:15 AMTop label! Always kinda viewed it as the visual propaganda arm of F&V due to the early video works

That's something I always wondered about---just how close to F&V is this label?  Part of me always thought it was sort of the "luxury" line.

Yes, that new Snuff one looked really cool...  I got SS Division Wiking instead.  I'm wondering, though, whether these will be the original track listings, or have the bonus tracks from the F&V reissue cd versions?

Hakaristi

Label or distributor could probably answer that, but my guess would be same tracklisting as the F&V CDs.

FreakAnimalFinland

Wrath is good and solid label, strongly owes to example set by F&V, but it has also visually own style. Kind of big bold lettering reminding more of early 00's power electronics covers with huge impact font etc, hah..

Wrath is different people, but perhaps fits in this topic that F&V UK Division label closed down and Freak Animal bought entire remaining stock of those items. Lots of formerly sold out CD titles back in the list and in near days will be more, some related shirts etc.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

cr

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on September 05, 2023, 09:17:22 AMthat F&V UK Division label closed down

Oh, really? Any specific reason for this? Ordered quite some items over the last couple years...

FreakAnimalFinland

Its just that brexit made the uk mailorder too difficult / time consuming.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

cr

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on September 05, 2023, 05:47:36 PMIts just that brexit made the uk mailorder too difficult / time consuming.
Ok, of course, thanks for the information!

Unrelated...but I recently bought a book from UK for £ 17.99, and then customs for it was nearly £ 40. This is fucked up shit!

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on September 05, 2023, 09:17:22 AMF&V UK Division label closed down

That's sad to hear.  I used to like ordering from him as well, at least until shipping to the US started to get unreasonably expensive.  Black Psychosis has a bunch of his releases still available too.

cr

Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on September 05, 2023, 07:21:19 AM
Quote from: HateSermon on September 05, 2023, 05:56:27 AMYep, big fan. Particularly the dvds of live gigs. I wish more labels would offer that more regularly.

I had no idea there was an interview!  I would greatly appreciate it if someone could direct me towards a scan of this!

I would be interested in reading this interview as well!

Manhog_84

Visual Depravity II zine + tape is very much recommended, as it's still available. The collages are XE style with nazis and degradation of women. Markkula published Sikiö zine in the 90's, and would be interesting to see was the imagery already similar back then. Tape has a BU rehearsal session on side A, with couple of songs not on albums. It's good, but the B-side "Wrath Audio Division - I Knew You Would Like It" is fucking great! One long track, that consists of repetitive industrial noises that sound like a field recording. It's accompanied with sounds of sexual act, groaning and a woman crying and gagging. Tape cover has a bitch getting pissed on with text WHORE on her forehead. Perfect mix of machinery, lust and agony to my ears.

HateSermon

If you were to say that the B side was a Clinic of Torture track I would fully believe you. Same elements there - repetitive percussion and live sounding industrial torment. Very subtle changes throughout the track that my ears picked up on. Good tape.