Canadian Punk/Hardcore/Crossover appreciation

Started by Cranial Blast, December 07, 2023, 07:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cranial Blast

I was curious if anyone else on this forum has any sort of appreciation for Canadian punk/hc bands? Primarily talking about stuff like SNFU, Dayglo Abortions, etc. Or even stuff that crossed over into metal like Voivod or even Sacrifice.

impulse manslaughter

Some favorites; The Subhumans - Death to the Sickoids, Viletones - Screaming Fist, all early DOA, Pointed Sticks - What do You Want Me to Do?, Genetic Control - First Impressions, Nunfuckers - Dead and on the Floor, Stretch Marks - Who's in Charge. Some good current stuff as well like Chain Whip, Bootlicker, etc.

Decrepitude

There must be more but one band I've been really into lately is Neos. Ultra fast early 80's hardcore from Victoria.

Cranial Blast

Quote from: impulse manslaughter on December 07, 2023, 11:12:19 AMSome favorites; The Subhumans - Death to the Sickoids, Viletones - Screaming Fist, all early DOA, Pointed Sticks - What do You Want Me to Do?, Genetic Control - First Impressions, Nunfuckers - Dead and on the Floor, Stretch Marks - Who's in Charge. Some good current stuff as well like Chain Whip, Bootlicker, etc.

D.O.A. - Let's Wreck The Party! Underrated classic! I haven't heard of some of these other bands though, I'll be sure to check them out! Thanks for putting the names out there. Always appreciated!