Looking for some new P.E. to check out

Started by Reprobate, March 19, 2012, 08:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reprobate

Is TF/PE still running? I sent them an email last week, but still haven't gotten a reply.

Reprobate

Yeah, I saw that looked updated, but their website had been last updated about a year ago.

XXX

i would put that name on par with such crap as kyle minoise or urethra franklin

Caltiki

GAZE CAMPAIGN - Gestalt Bruise - [tape - Lust Vessel]
CAUCASIAN COLONY - Everything, but especially A Modern slavery and Brudte Knob. [Posh Isolation]
SIERRA LEONE ANGER - Executive Outcomes - [2xtape - Hospital Productions]

fornoisessake

Quote from: Reprobate on March 22, 2012, 01:49:41 AM
I do enjoy Whitehouse, but the vocals/lyrics make me laugh sometimes: "GET DOWN ON YER KNEES AND SUCK MY COCK!"

Sometimes It's not what you say, It's how you say it

RyanWreck

I've always found a lot of the later Whitehouse and SJ vocals funny as well but it doesn't take anything away from it for me. I do prefer when the vocals were more buried or heavily effected as opposed to up front and shouted. My favorite albums being Right to Kill: Dedicated to Denis Andrew Nilsen, Dedicated to Peter Kürten, and New Britain. Maybe try those out, although I would say that the latter is not for a beginner to the scene. I think if there was a dictionary of music terms and ideas/concepts or whatever, and "acquired taste" was in it I'm sure it would say "refer to New Britain or Buchenwald by Whitehouse". I can't think of too many other albums that are more fitting for that term.

RG

Quote from: Caltiki on March 26, 2012, 10:11:35 PM
GAZE CAMPAIGN - Gestalt Bruise - [tape - Lust Vessel]

Good tape but I'm not sure really fits the criteria of the original post.

I don't think anyone has mentioned Brethren yet. Everyone into P.E. should own Savage Inequalities.

I'll second the recommendation on S.T.A.B. Electronics. The LPs from Unrest/Unsound are great

Molluskground, Inc.

Anything by Iron Fist Of The Sun, Cremation Lily and Deterge. These projects really have the perfect blend of vision and delivery of interesting and gripping music. Watch out for Verdant's debut full length album, too.

RyanWreck

Some of the better albums and tapes from the last year or so.

Pogrom - "Multicultural Degeneration"
Swollen Korps - "Better To Destroy A Child Than Repair A Man"
Mania - "Grotesque Mirth"
Concrete Mascara - "The Answer In The Ashes"
Body Cargo - "Logistics Of Religion"
Forza Albino - "M.O.T."
STAB Electronics - "The Non-Alliant I & II"
Shift / Sick Seed - "Split" LP
Perpetrators - "Haterape"