Industrial Rock & EBM

Started by Brad, March 24, 2012, 01:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reprobate

Although I started the punk/hardcore topic, I didn't immediately go straight from that to noise/p.e. Through all of that, I was introduced to Joy Division and Death in June and Swans. I've always loved NIN. Downward Spiral is still one of my favorite albums. Same with Antichrist Superstar. I didn't really get into EBM until recently. I'm interested in checking out some of the groups that have been mentioned. I've got stuff like Nitzer Ebb and what not. Anyone like //TENSE//?

P-K

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on March 26, 2012, 09:23:58 PM
Klinik ended in 1991 after the Time album when they both went their seperate ways. While Dirk became Dive (which was OK but too samey in the long run) Mark carried on under the name Klinik. Those albums are fucking awful and I'll never understand why he decided to do that. The last ten years of reunion gigs, remix albums etc is of no interest to me. I'm not surprised to hear about a new album. They are just one more band in a long line of tired old reunion bollocks. The original albums remain classics. No one needs the rest.

Quote from: Brad on March 26, 2012, 08:37:26 PMSpeaking of :wumpscut:, is it likely that his early stuff was directly influenced by Genocide Organ?  The colons around the :wumpscut: name match the punctuation of GO's album titles.  Or maybe both are referencing something else that I'm unaware of.

Very possible. Most of the people I've gotten to know in Germany have much the same musical background as mine and overall it seems relations between industrial and EBM are quite close.

the very first Klinik solo album was ok, 'Contrast' the rest is well euh ....not-so-good lol.  imho their masterpiece is the "box" 3xlp. His work as PARA is more ealy Klinik-style. Cold, Hypnotic.

regarding :w:/go ....i've seen the same punctuations on old gravestones....maybe it's some medieval german thing?

xdementia

SLEEP CHAMBER!!!

This wasn't my background but I'm getting more into this kind of stuff because my girlfriend is really into it and we've been enjoying the fetish nights around here lately. Really digging old(ish) Laibach, Bauhaus, Front 242, Einsterzinde Neubauten (sp?), SPK etc.

Brad

I always thought of Sleep Chamber, Laibach, Einsturzende Neubauten, SPK, etc. as more on the "real industrial" side compared to the stuff I started this topic for.  Man, this forum is elite.  :P