AUBE

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, July 17, 2014, 01:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

AUBE "Hydrophobia 1993" 12"
Cheeses International

Unreleased works. I was first little confused with this. There is 30 mins tape called Hydrophobia on Vanilla records, and this ain't 30 mins! I had to pull out clock and time this recording and yep, 20 minute one sider! So looking more carefully, and indeed, Hydrophobia is 1991 tape on vanilla, but this is recorded in 1993, and apparently been totally unreleased until now. Great stuff, though! Water noise in best early Aube tradition. Gets noisy too.
I think covers would have been nicer if they looked like Aube, since his graphic design was so crucial part of spirit of project. These look pretty darn amateurish design. What matters the most, is the sound is good, master cut seems clear and smooth, and to be able to get something I feel is golden era of Aube, I'm very thankful for people who made this possible!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

acsenger

I recently listened to the Sensorial Inducement LP, which I think is a very good album. Recorded in 1996 using a "Monophonic Analogue Synthesizer/ Roland SH-2". I remember the label's (Alien8 Recordings) description comparing it to early electroacoustic music such as Pauline Oliveros' Alien Bog/Beautiful Soop, and there's some similarity indeed. At times it gets intense, but not extremely noisy. I'm fond of this record for nostalgic reasons too: it was my first LP, ordered after it was released in early 2000, shortly after I found out there was a kind of music called noise and experimental music. The design of the packaging is simple but beautiful, and the (clear) vinyl (good pressing too) plays from the inside out.

Other than this record, the only other Aube I've kept (had a couple CDs but sold them) is the Aube/MSBR/Koji Marutani CD. I don't remember much of it (apart from the use of cool vocal samples) but it's a good release. It was another early noise purchase, perhaps in 2001; as usual back then, I sent cash hidden in an envelope to the French label (E(r)ostrate) that stopped its activities not long afterwards.

I also have one side of the Re-chant/De-coda 7" on Drone Records on a double CD compilation of 7"s on that label. I remember it being great, benefitting from the length constraint of the format.