PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cranial Blast

Rodger Stella / Hal Hutchinson - Molten Metal Ecstasy Tape

I really enjoyed this cassette for it's bizarre junk metal sounds along with the more industrial synth like atmosphere. The tape has a nice use of junk metal being used in very subtle way on this tape as opposed to outright junk abuse you'd normally hear and also a little different is the metal sounds being used in a looping sort of manner along with some strange and minimal droning sounding synths. It's definitely got a more experimental touch to it. It gives me this imagination of some abandoned factory in the middle of nowhere that's like in a dream or a nightmare that possesses these screeching metal sounds that kind of build into this total manifestation of something larger and louder. I definitely recommend this tape to those who follow both Rodger Stella and or Hal Hutchinson to give the tape a listen, it will certainly not disappoint!

Into_The_Void

Today morning I make advantage of being alone at home while working and blasted some noise tapes in a raw

Circle Of Shit / Edge Of Decay "Nahkaan Naulattu"
killer noise from both sides. Edge of Decay always manage to be really nasty.

Order Of Nine Angels "Grand High Climax"
brutal obsessive noise with satanic atmospheres. Evil and aggressive.

Blackwatch "Occidental Actions"
I bought this one fully pumped from the excellent 12'' he released for Breathing Problem Prods. This tape has unfortunately not that much (besides the concept) to share with that work. Monotonous low-fi, full distorted noise with oscillators and raw vocals, a bit boring but still full of attitude. Mention of honour for the Othila rune in the inlay.

The Streetcleener "Ehre"
Short-lived Italian power electronics/noise project from the guy behind Santos Productions. Great stuff, really aggressive, abrasive sounds with spooky atmospheres and great vocals.
https://sabruxa.bandcamp.com/ (Industrial / ambient)

mag-maa

Quote from: Manhog_84 on April 21, 2024, 08:45:34 AMKartio - Liskoaivo CS (Nekorekords)

Yes, this is nice. Not harsh noise at all, softer electronic psychedelia, but enough abstract (not yet "easy listening" in a its traditional sense). Interesting detailed soundscapes which work on background and also in deeper listening. Microscopic tripping.

Theodore

Building Of Gel - C!S?Session CS (1998) [Kadef] : Very strange and unique style. I dont even know how to describe it. Noisy rhythmic electronica ? Pretty much. A track can be called even techno, and brought to mind another oddity in my collection where sound caught me by surprise, and wasnt at all what i expected, U.G.A.S https://k2music3.bandcamp.com/album/minimal-change . While UGAS is loop-based and quite boring -heavier though- , hey 'Minimal Change' , BOG is free-flowing, chaotic at times, with clever shifts and for some reason enjoyable. Question is : Is this tape an 'anomaly' or that was their style ? I have no idea. Anyone has listened the material on Self Abuse, Less Than Zero, Freak Animal ? Mikko ?
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"