Industrial Recollections: Suggestions

Started by Otomo_Hava, May 16, 2013, 11:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

There will be some Taint re-issues happening. It is just matter that the original labels involved with them are all ready to go. Some releases may take a bit more time, some may be done fairly soon.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

snakeradical

Cranial Blast

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on September 07, 2023, 09:17:38 AMThere will be some Taint re-issues happening. It is just matter that the original labels involved with them are all ready to go. Some releases may take a bit more time, some may be done fairly soon.

I think another great potential addition for an Industrial Recollections CD release could be a Taint or Mania CD compiled of various Taint / Mania appearances over the years since inception. Many of Keith's most brilliant tracks in my opinion have been some of the ones that appeared on various compilations and there are quite a bit to. It would be cool to see a Mania CD comp and a Taint one too that could showcase those brilliant tracks.

cr

Testing Vault would deserve a massive reissue campaign! All those CDrs won't last forever and they are just too good, like for example one of the first records from the project - Some Voices Say Rosemary's Not Dead.
I would definitely buy them!
By the way, interview in SI #16 is very good and interesting.

FreakAnimalFinland

I got like... was it 5 different releases by Testing Vault. It is curious that almost all are CDR, but factory made. So digipaks, cd labels printed just like real cd, but disc itself is cdr. Most of these are probably done like 50-100? He has proper glass master pressed CD's out, most recent came in 2024, so recommended to check them out!
In theory one could think there would be more people into this, than pure noise, but my own experience has always been that rough noise is way easier to sell than "experimental music". When artist sounds are closer to Coil, NWW, Premature Ejaculation, etc than "brutal noise", not sure what label would reach "the right people" so to say? It is sometimes curious how some band penetrates into "noise scene". Lets say, if you like Contrastate, you may very likely enjoy also Testing Vault. Contrastate is probably way more well known in noise scene simply because having releases on Tesco, Old Europa Cafe, Segerhuva, etc...  Kind of neat example that just putting out something, may result artist being noticed within "noise" or "power electronics" realms, while bands released on other type labels people simply may never come across.

SoonYouHaveDeafEars

I feel like the world needs some RoboChanMan reissues, I personally think his noise is super underrated when it comes to 90s-early 2000s japanese noise scene.
His album Remote Control Militia (from the legendary Denshi Zatsuon sublabel) is probably my favourite work from him, it has this super varied, broken, manic yet scummy approach to noise that I can only compare to Costes meets 80s-90s Odal.
Que Sera, Sera (Things Go From Bad To Worse)

Stipsi

I have always thought that a box set of pain jerk 90s stuff (for example like the skin crime box set on hospital) will be great.
Tapes are basically unavailable everywhere and if they are, prices are crazy.
North Central
Mademoiselle Bistouri
Daddy's Entertainment.
PERVERT AND PROUD.

EXU

Gengivas Negras and Abesta are two of the first and arguably more influential harsh noise acts from Brazil and their material is almost forgotten, maybe it would be interesting for people to get easy access to their material.

cr

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on March 18, 2024, 10:43:01 AMI got like... was it 5 different releases by Testing Vault. It is curious that almost all are CDR, but factory made. So digipaks, cd labels printed just like real cd, but disc itself is cdr. Most of these are probably done like 50-100? He has proper glass master pressed CD's out, most recent came in 2024, so recommended to check them out!
In theory one could think there would be more people into this, than pure noise, but my own experience has always been that rough noise is way easier to sell than "experimental music". When artist sounds are closer to Coil, NWW, Premature Ejaculation, etc than "brutal noise", not sure what label would reach "the right people" so to say? It is sometimes curious how some band penetrates into "noise scene". Lets say, if you like Contrastate, you may very likely enjoy also Testing Vault. Contrastate is probably way more well known in noise scene simply because having releases on Tesco, Old Europa Cafe, Segerhuva, etc...  Kind of neat example that just putting out something, may result artist being noticed within "noise" or "power electronics" realms, while bands released on other type labels people simply may never come across.

Before my post I asked the artist about the idea of reissues. Answer was, that he would love to re-print, but so far no one is interested.
So yeah, it's a niche of a niche and a CD with "just" harsh noise blasting will be easier to sell for sure.
But maybe someone considers it worth being reissued with the risk that it's not so easy to sell, but doing it for the quality alone. Wishful thinking..., but sometimes even records were released, that I never thought someone will do.

BatteredStatesofEuphoria

Does anyone know if there's ever been any serious movement for reissues of MSBR's 90s material?

I know Urashima has done vinyl reissues of "Ultimate Ambiance" and "Structured Suicide" (and Steinklang did put out a very small run cassette reissue of "Collapseland," but 50 copies on tape for such a classic, come on!).

And maybe the plan is a small drip, drip of future reissues, but all his remaining tapes/vinyls would be perfect for the treatment of something along the lines of the recent Govt Alpha/Monde Bruits boxes.

I might be biased as Koji's output was some of the first Japanese noise I was exposed to, and is still a favorite, but the fact a lot of this hasn't been unleashed back on the world for a new generation, other than some Youtube rips, seems almost criminal to me. I think the prices they fetch on Discogs prove there's a hunger for this to be available again. His legacy is undeniable.

I do hope its not a matter of the original masters maybe being lost with his passing.

Kayandah

I'm not sure how much recorded content there actually is but I would like to see a compilation of TwoDeadSlutsOneGoodFuck. I heard their live shows were also pretty intense

Haare

Quote from: Kayandah on April 08, 2024, 03:32:04 PMI'm not sure how much recorded content there actually is but I would like to see a compilation of TwoDeadSlutsOneGoodFuck. I heard their live shows were also pretty intense
On Industrial Recollections? I'd guess highly unlikely...

Cranial Blast

Maybe some more of the Macronympha stuff from the early and mid 90's like a collection of some of the more rare or more obscure tapes and put together in like a collective CD type of set.

FreakAnimalFinland

This was attempted by Trash Ritual and label fucked up royally. No idea if Roemer has ever received back lots and lots of master tapes that have been at defunct labels storage for decade(s).