GREY WOLVES appreciation thread

Started by HongKongGoolagong, September 29, 2013, 06:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P.i.L.-Lu

Should we consider the pricing of a new GW 7" as a transgressive act? It surely seems to provoke some. If so, why is hurting your feelings of sound economy effective? Anyways, I have ordered a copy.

impulse manslaughter

I bought the black vinyl edition  because I'm not really a fan of picture discs. Not sure why it's so expensive but I'm really looking forward to listen to it. Also wanted to grab the Prurient/Linekraft split but the 2x7"+5" format didn't seem like something I'd pull out often to listen to.

snakeradical

Quote from: P.i.L.-Lu on May 25, 2024, 08:08:35 AMShould we consider the pricing of a new GW 7" as a transgressive act? It surely seems to provoke some. If so, why is hurting your feelings of sound economy effective? Anyways, I have ordered a copy.

its FIREEE!

Into_The_Void

Quote from: P.i.L.-Lu on May 25, 2024, 08:08:35 AMShould we consider the pricing of a new GW 7" as a transgressive act? It surely seems to provoke some. If so, why is hurting your feelings of sound economy effective? Anyways, I have ordered a copy.

It's not hurting nobody feelings, I think. This is a forum right? So one can comment.
Would it have been new, unreleased studio material, I have probably grabbed it as well, but for two tracks live no.
https://sabruxa.bandcamp.com/ (Industrial / ambient)

re:evolution

Quote from: Into_The_Void on May 29, 2024, 12:11:50 PM

It's not hurting nobody feelings, I think. This is a forum right? So one can comment.
Would it have been new, unreleased studio material, I have probably grabbed it as well, but for two tracks live no.

My understanding is these two tracks are studio cuts and not live recordings - noting 'Bodycount' was performed in Osaka, but the 7" was already being sold at that point. A friend said they spoke with Dave who confirmed it is studio material.

noise receptor: sound with impact - analysing the abstract
http://noisereceptor.wordpress.com/
http://www.noisereceptor.bigcartel.com

spectrum magazine archive: ambient / industrial / experimental / power electronics / neo-folk music culture magazine
http://spectrummagarchive.wordpress.com/

P.i.L.-Lu

I agree. One can always comment.

Still, the point is both good and bad music tend to cost the same as new releases.

To be able to grab a good/probably a good release (from a trustworthy name) for the same price as probably not so good is the norm.

The expected value of a good release in the future is on the rise as is its demand. A minus side is that good releases tend to sell out fast. But re-releases will often happen sooner or later.

All these aspects are quite the opposite what it comes to bad releases.

Should good releases cost more as new then? Or bad ones ought to cost less than they do now?

Of course there's "bad releases" from trustworthy names. Or useless ones to say the least. And this may well be the case with that new GW 7".

Still it is a release from a trustworthy name and purchasing it can be seen as a statement.
Such as showing one is "immune" to its pricing making (possibly indirect) transgressive message towards almighty economics which is meant to rule our minds.

re-releases will happen sooner or later. All this are quite the opposite with bad releases.

The minus side is that good releases tend to sell out fast.

To balance the norm good releases

FreakAnimalFinland

GREY WOLVES – "EXIT WOUNDS" – CD
Damn! Even if this is a compilation, and not even "best of", but sort of underlines how GW has the atmosphere, the feeling, that it doesn't have to have the best tracks known as their iconic live hits, but really that other stuff. Simple, often lo-fi industrial-noise, rawness, suffocating, alienating sound, just really good CD that I listened yesterday... 4 times. Basically didn't get to listen much else, that twice G.O. 7" comp CD and rest of the day spending with GW! Feel tempted to listen more today.
It would be curious to think is it somehow more personal history, that sets GW so so high position, and would the guy who now gets to hear it, wonder why he'd need to worship this crude hissing drum machine beat going on? hah.
Despite packaging is just two postcard type pieces and CD in plain paper sleeve between them, graphics are good and sharp! Cover states "CULTURAL TERRORISM ENDS HERE!" and despite all rumors about GW reissue things, could this be the end for reissues? Hope not..
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

nusjut

A fine sampler of old Wolves compilation tracks (earlier released on Mindscan Tapes, Sound of Hate series etc.). Again cheaply presented - the professional post-2000s way - in "just two [glossy] postcard type pieces and CD in plain paper sleeve between them", housed in some non-fitting transparent CD sleeve....with annoying TESCO track cuts/skips. To recommend!

ritualabuser

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on June 13, 2024, 09:40:37 AMGREY WOLVES – "EXIT WOUNDS" – CD
Damn! Even if this is a compilation, and not even "best of", but sort of underlines how GW has the atmosphere, the feeling, that it doesn't have to have the best tracks known as their iconic live hits, but really that other stuff. Simple, often lo-fi industrial-noise, rawness, suffocating, alienating sound, just really good CD that I listened yesterday... 4 times. Basically didn't get to listen much else, that twice G.O. 7" comp CD and rest of the day spending with GW! Feel tempted to listen more today.
It would be curious to think is it somehow more personal history, that sets GW so so high position, and would the guy who now gets to hear it, wonder why he'd need to worship this crude hissing drum machine beat going on? hah.
Despite packaging is just two postcard type pieces and CD in plain paper sleeve between them, graphics are good and sharp! Cover states "CULTURAL TERRORISM ENDS HERE!" and despite all rumors about GW reissue things, could this be the end for reissues? Hope not..

Appreciate the fact that they really did seem to dig for some pretty obscure comps to source tracks from. But as the poster above said, I do wonder if the original comp tracks were extract pieces originally or they were cut for this CD release? Can definitely recognize a lot of similar sounds/sections from the pre-album period. In any case, nice to have a collection of early stuff for the car.

Would definitely appreciate some more CD reissues of the albums, especially "Age Of Dissent" and "Punishment", though my guess is that maybe people are a little wishy-washy about the content these days and that's holding it up.

Cranial Blast

Quote from: ritualabuser on June 14, 2024, 10:01:15 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on June 13, 2024, 09:40:37 AMGREY WOLVES – "EXIT WOUNDS" – CD

Appreciate the fact that they really did seem to dig for some pretty obscure comps to source tracks from. But as the poster above said, I do wonder if the original comp tracks were extract pieces originally or they were cut for this CD release? Can definitely recognize a lot of similar sounds/sections from the pre-album period. In any case, nice to have a collection of early stuff for the car.

Would definitely appreciate some more CD reissues of the albums, especially "Age Of Dissent" and "Punishment", though my guess is that maybe people are a little wishy-washy about the content these days and that's holding it up.

Age Of Dissent and Punishment on CD would be very nice! The CDr copies that I have now are getting near the end of the life span I think. Hopefully CD versions of those will happen one of these days!